Mel interview with local media

Day

5 hours ago, David said:

I think it's also worrying how little time Mel spends at the training ground, when picking the team I feel he should be there at least 5 days a week watching training, seeing how the players interact with each other on and off the pitch, going over drone footage.

I would also be worried if anyone takes this post seriously which despite this disclaimer they probably will do still.

30 likes for a post which uses ridicule to imply that it has been suggested that mel is so hands on that he picks the team.

Never seen that suggested.

bizarre from D 

pretty stupid actually

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RamNut said:

30 likes for a post which uses ridicule to imply that it has been suggested that mel is so hands on that he picks the team.

Never seen that suggested.

bizarre from D 

pretty stupid actually

Still a number of people that truly believe Mel picks the team, kind of leaves them open to ridicule, I'll gladly take the likes. 

One thing everyone can agree on, is it is a sorry mess all round... :angry:

Nobody is coming out of this season well, none of them. Each has responsibility for this debacle of a season, some more than others but everyone has played a part.

Absolute shambles Derby County, hope everyone is proud of themselves. Us mugs will be back next year as we always are, supporting OUR team. 

This summer should be a real period of reflection for everyone who had a hand in this mess.. Players especially. Morris doubley especially.

:angry: 

1 minute ago, David said:

Still a number of people that truly believe Mel picks the team, kind of leaves them open to ridicule, I'll gladly take the likes. 

Name one.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Name one.

You have the internet so you have access to Twitter and Facebook, not all posts are aimed directly at members on this forum, believe it or not thousands haven't bothered to sign up yet, I need to work on that.

I am no Mel Morris cheerleader as you will know, and he has brought a lot of issues on himself one way or another over the last couple of years. But l am now beginning to feel a bit sorry for him. I am not sure he can win whatever he does (unless of course it involves promotion and sustainable top end Premier League performances and some good cup runs thereafter).

Everyone on here, me included, likes to cut and dice everything he says and does, and yes l could make small criticism of parts of the media statement that has been released today. But unless he is performing his best poker face here, he does, to me, seem to have laid himself pretty much bare as to his current position, and that of the club. It doesn't look pretty, he knows that, we know that, but l think on his investment stake alone he now deserves the opportunity to take everything he has learned from a miserable two years, and be allowed to kick forward. For me this should now involve him taking more day-to-day control of the club (albeit with a lower public profile) and must include giving the Manager the wherewithal to build his own team, giving him ample time to build a style and identity that ultimately best delivers to our fickle fan base.

He's one to set you off @RamNut, blurred out his username as I'm not into starting twitter beef as we disagree on football.

Probably wouldn't take me that long to go through his tweets to find one directly accusing Mel of picking the team, swear I've seen them but quickly came across this. 

Used to be a member on here, not banned, actually sort of know him from when I was in Derby

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 13.44.02.png

48 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

But if Sam's done nothing wrong, he will feel even more let down by the serious allegations made against him. Sam has now publicly denied any wrongdoing in the DET.

Sam's a lawyer and is taking the sensible course of saying very little at this stage. He is keeping his powder dry.

The owner is showing signs that Sam's silence is tormenting him and does not seem able to keep so quiet about it. I believe if Sam had done anything wrong he would be absolutely silent and not even issue a denial. I think Sam seems very confident by the very little he has said.

Mel is going about as far as he can in explaining to us, the paying customers, what has happened and why. Sam said (first) that he's innocent, which is exactly what you would expect him to say, at this stage.

Nothing to do with Mel being tormented by Sam's silence.  They're both keeping their powder dry, as they both should in such circumstances. Mel is confident of success should it go to court and Sam's placed it in the hands of his lawyers.

Either the court or a lawyerly negotiated out of court agreement will settle matters and if it's out of court we may never know what the issues were

Well....the first one doesn't say mel picks the team, he just says Rowett doesn't run the football club - which is of course true.

ok - Ill give you the second one. :thumbsup:

I think MM has been subject to some perfectly reasonable criticism as we lurch from one 'crisis' to another.

you can quote me on that.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

I think MM has been subject to some perfectly reasonable criticism as we lurch from one 'crisis' to another.

And I won't even try and deny it.

But picking the team? Drones? "Some" of our fanbase are extremely gulllible to red top ****** and leave themselves open to ridicule. Wouldn't surprise me if they the same people believe the Dear Deadrie column is genuine and read their horoscopes. Please don't ask me to name them all!

The only thing you should take as 100% fact from a tabloid is the TV Guide.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely. Never once has he phoned me for permission to spend the £500 season ticket money I've made available to him for the past few years. :mellow:

Me neither, although to be fair he did get Nick Blackman to ring me to remind renewal deadline was only 1 week away.

7 minutes ago, David said:

And I won't even try and deny it.

But picking the team? Drones? "Some" of our fanbase are extremely gulllible to red top ****** and leave themselves open to ridicule. Wouldn't surprise me if they the same people believe the Dear Deadrie column is genuine and read their horoscopes. Please don't ask me to name them all!

The only thing you should take as 100% fact from a tabloid is the TV Guide.

Though they sometimes throw a disclaimer in 'Programmes are liable to late change'. 

On 29 April 2017 at 19:07, David said:

Well the players have had plenty of time off this season, only fair Sam has some time off.

Unless the DET have more info they are withholding it does look a bit clicky, misses a game, club say he's having time off = speculation over his future. 

Didn't the speculation only start from this article as I've not seen or heard anything mentioned before?

20 minutes ago, David said:

"Some" of our fanbase are extremely gulllible to red top ****** and leave themselves open to ridicule.

And sometimes the journos are proved right......

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

And sometimes the journos are proved right......

I see what you did there....

At the time of that post there was zero speculation before one article which was claimed, that article started the speculation.

The bit they got right was he wasn't there or he didn't make his usual programme notes which anyone there could have seen.

Bit different to stories of drones of training and picking teams.

I'll give you a 4/10 for effort though :) 

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Me neither, although to be fair he did get Nick Blackman to ring me to remind renewal deadline was only 1 week away.

Nick Blackman? Gosh...there's nothing like getting a call from a football star to get you all giddy and agreeing to renew...:mellow:

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

One thing everyone can agree on, is it is a sorry mess all round... :angry:

Nobody is coming out of this season well, none of them. Each has responsibility for this debacle of a season, some more than others but everyone has played a part.

Absolute shambles Derby County, hope everyone is proud of themselves. Us mugs will be back next year as we always are, supporting OUR team. 

This summer should be a real period of reflection for everyone who had a hand in this mess.. Players especially. Morris doubley especially.

:angry: 

Drunk on a Monday afternoon, Christ it really has been a rough season.

Archived