Mel interview with local media

Day

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Additional board members huh? Wouldn't be surprised to see Gadsby back ya' know...

You'll not see Gadsby

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I can't imagine someone with that kind of wealth failing to have the legal team capable of knowing whether they're right

I think you over estimate the legal profession a little here. Rush will get the same positive response from his legal team. Trouble is they can't both be right. It will go to court and the only guaranteed outcome is both sets of lawyers will win financially 

19 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

*** WARNING - SPECULATION AHEAD - PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANY OF MY WORDS AS FACT***

I wonder if he's ballsed up the finances - Whether on purpose or by accident - Which means the books we've submitted to the league are wrong? 

We've all be speculating for ages that with the transfer outlay and wages we're throwing around we should be in a much worse FFP position and I wonder whether Mel's investigation/review uncovered that Rush had messed up.

Do you know this for certain??? 

10 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Seems unlikely. Sam may have had some kind of sign-off on them, but he's not an accountant. In the event that anyone got them wrong it would have had to have been the finance guy (Pearson?) and he's just been made a Director!

Fair point...

However with Mel immediately expanding the board of directors and saying he's looking to appoint more it kinda suggests the 'streamlined' board we had in place before may have been Rush's idea? In which case I wonder if Sam was a little more hands on with everything than maybe a CEO would be in other clubs? He did get crowned President as well... Which I always thought was just weird

Can't wait for sam rush's book to come out.

That would blow the lid off everything.

I wonder whether schteve got a big pay off because of another contract clause.

Finally, what would you say to supporters as we head into the summer?

Look, try not to speculate on what’s happening at the moment and look towards the playing side of the house

:lol:

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I translated that as "Please dont put me in the position of having to sue dcfcfans and David again....."

Never been more relaxed, I've already transferred the forum into @Boycie name, just doesn't know yet. I'm just here for the free sausages now.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So what would he owe you, or anyone, an apology for?

He gave us some humility..... in my eyes..... accepting by looks of it he's got some things wrong. I look forward to next season a bit more now that I've heard that from him. 

2 hours ago, Boss said:

I don't like the quote at all - "I anticipate this will end up in the courts and we’re relishing that opportunity".

Yes, it's positive in the way that Mel clearly feels he has the evidence and so on to get the correct judgement in court.

But should an owner of a club really be talking about an ex-employee like this? It's not exactly very professional in the way it reads. Think he needs to hire a new PR man to soften the blow of some of what he says, he really sounds like a dick at times.

You are Sam Rush and i claim my £5

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Agreed. We've been waiting too long for him to apologise for deliberately wasting the £50m he has put into the club.

Absolutely. Never once has he phoned me for permission to spend the £500 season ticket money I've made available to him for the past few years. :mellow:

58 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I think you over estimate the legal profession a little here. Rush will get the same positive response from his legal team. Trouble is they can't both be right. It will go to court and the only guaranteed outcome is both sets of lawyers will win financially 

You're right of course. But if I was worth £500 million I would have the best money could buy. I'd sue the arse of him if he's been doing something damaging. 

And if you were a megolomaniac with no regard for the rights of others you might just try to sue the arse off him if he'd done nothing damaging. And you might even think you'd be successful in doing so.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

I was going to highlight this.

"I anticipate this will end up in the courts and we’re relishing that opportunity."

Who talks like this? Was that sort of passive aggression needed?  Great questions, and I'm glad Mel has bothered to answer them, he has my support, but sometimes he comes off like a complete bell. I can see why there have been reports of him clashing with staff.

The point about "relishing a court battle" is what psychologists call a "Ping". Nobody relishes a court battle { apart from a lawyer who thinks "kerchinng"}; it's merely a ping to SR to say " we have lots of firm evidence to support our case so be afraid. It's designed to deter SR. Otherwise MM would say " I can't comment as it's likely to become "sub judice". 

So seems like MM is confident of the case, otherwise he'd be much more guarded. 

It's a sorry business altogether but MM must feel let down by SR whom he clearly considered to be a friend. 

But if Sam's done nothing wrong, he will feel even more let down by the serious allegations made against him. Sam has now publicly denied any wrongdoing in the DET.

Sam's a lawyer and is taking the sensible course of saying very little at this stage. He is keeping his powder dry.

The owner is showing signs that Sam's silence is tormenting him and does not seem able to keep so quiet about it. I believe if Sam had done anything wrong he would be absolutely silent and not even issue a denial. I think Sam seems very confident by the very little he has said.

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

Absolutely. Dieu et mon droit my friend. :mellow:

Archived