End of season Excitement

GerryDaly

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not vindictive by nature but Forest going down ? I'll make an exception 

imagine ... Back to pre season friendlies for the BC trophy and a big day out for them. Priceless 

Not born in Derbyshire but be honest all of you. Think longer term than Florest going down, you love Derby Day more. You know you do so surely you'd prefer them to survive. (My loathing is more with their chairman). :angry::)

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I know this is me being incredibly petty but if I could have Leeds imploding and missing out on the top six and Forest imploding and going down it will go some small way to making up for the shambles we have been at times.

I have to admit I prefer the two Derbies so regrettably hope they stay up but the Leeds 'implosion' is wonderful. 

4 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Ahh that's what I was getting at. Would be harsh to go down due to the amount of goals scored. Guess they have to divide them in some way.

There is a scenario where forest lose 2-0, and Blackburn loose something like 10-9. Then it gets really interesting. 

Staying up on a loss is a bit **** though. Do you pitch invade and celebrate the fact that someone else lost worse than you to give you the right to be **** again next season.

i guarantee whichever one goes down will have a more enjoyable season next year. So what exactly is the prize on offer?

They could also both win and it would still go down to results. That would be harsher. 

29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What happens when Forest lose 0-2 and Blackburn lose 9-10? 

You know what's weird, I hadn't read your text before posting, I just picked 10-9 out of the air. Is that the actual result needed, or was it just a random choice by you too. Either I'm awesome for guessing the right result needed, or we are somehow psychically connected. 

I hope the Red Dogs go down, when we were £52m in debt and fighting relegation I received loads of stick so **** em.

I can do without the 2 games as there would be a pre season game and the games against Sheffield United soften the blow as they will fill the away end along with the usual rivals.

37 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

You know what's weird, I hadn't read your text before posting, I just picked 10-9 out of the air. Is that the actual result needed, or was it just a random choice by you too. Either I'm awesome for guessing the right result needed, or we are somehow psychically connected. 

10-9 is the result needed.

2 hours ago, SKRam said:

Apologies Jono. Just posted that before I saw your comment appertaining similar thoughts

none needed SK .. its true .. Derby Days are special and I'd miss them but there will be ones in the future.

It is just that the nasty, selfish, uncharacteristic glee I'd get from them going down would be fun for a little while at least. We might be playing at some unspectacular venues but a trip to Oldham ? hope they enjoy it :p

12 hours ago, 86 points said:

I feel like I've stumbled into some sort of alternate reality here.

Altern 8 it is then......is that you in the pork pie hat with a dummy in the mouth?.......rave on!

Sam Rush in the sheepskin with tash smoking a cigar with a selection of cars for sale perhaps!

12 hours ago, jono said:

none needed SK .. its true .. Derby Days are special and I'd miss them but there will be ones in the future.

It is just that the nasty, selfish, uncharacteristic glee I'd get from them going down would be fun for a little while at least. We might be playing at some unspectacular venues but a trip to Oldham ? hope they enjoy it :p

How 'safe' were they last season? I seem to recall similar comments. De ja vu all over again? 

On 2017-5-4 at 03:33, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

In all truth do feel a level of intrigue for the end games this weekend but that's without question knowing we will play a determining factor on others teams fortune.   I realize we're ****, the players and management are sub-standard and it's only because the manager is so damn defensive we've enabled enough points to keep us the league, make no mistake about it we were indeed fortunate not to be involved ourselves as one of the teams needing a win this Sunday to retain league status.

Back to the subject in hand and there's an added suspense as not all up on what is exactly required to see who completes the final relegation zone position.   Say Forest beat us (as expected) but Blackburn win by three goals then Nottingham go into League One regardless ?     Don't know what it all means but as two clubs here that are merely observers and in a safe position to watch from distance, there's (at least) a sense of relief it's not ourselves in any real threat situation.

Obviously (we) would much rather be in a play-off position or already promoted and watching on, but as before you can sit back a little and observe from a relative safe distance.

Will your guys be there tho? 

Will they turn up ? 

Sorry I've not read the rest of the thread and yeah I know ... spaces ...

I'm working on it 

Archived