Summer transfer budget

RiddingsRam

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we will need to sell to bring any in, Mel will just have to take a loss and move on and start again, think most of our incomings will be small fees compared to what we've seen recently, we are going to have to rid Martin Ince or Hughes 

1 minute ago, Topram said:

Think we will need to sell to bring any in, Mel will just have to take a loss and move on and start again, think most of our incomings will be small fees compared to what we've seen recently, we are going to have to rid Martin Ince or Hughes 

I think this could be pretty accurate.

i wouldn't be surprised to see two or three out of four go - of martin, ince, vydra and hughes.

the rest will have to be cut price sales, loaned out or player exchange deals.

i think we could still invest an additional 5-10m 

the problem will be if we are left with players we can't shift who clearly do not feature in the managers plans. 

Outgoing loans could be a key feature.

34 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

With out getting to football manager esque.  Realistically what sort of budget are we expecting Rowett to have to work with in the summer. All things considered summer outings , FFP , money made available by Uncle Mel ? 

Outgoings will dictate what Rowett will have to spend on incoming players but the point is it needs to be evolution not revolution.

Mel will back his boss in the transfer market, always does.

Fortunately Rowett doesn't come across as the type to overspend on average players just because he can.

4 or 5 sensible additions should see us challenge for the top 6 next season - RB, CB, CM, RW, LW

Don't think he'll have a huge amount up front, probably only about 5m, however imo he'll look to get rid of a lot of our players who have been around for a while. These will likely be worth a fair value as well, so IMO he will have a fair amount of money to spend, let's just hope it's done wisely

I believe GR will have a cautious considered approach to his deals.Looking at his past record in the transfer market he tends to stay away from established 'high' priced players.

He will look to bring in mostly young ambitious players who he can encourage and develop.In addition I am sure he has identified our need for an experienced leader in the side.

Out goings will largely depend on if anyone wants our players, we want to sell them and the fees being offered.

I am sure Mel will let GR have some money but nowhere near as much as the previous managers.

All told this will be the most pivotal transfer window in years and will go a long way in defining the future direction of the club on the field

Personally I hope the budget, in terms of fees, is £0.

I would also like to see the wage bill cut to a level where it is below our income.

Very much doubt 1 transfer window is enough to do it.

Also worry that the sort of players that GR would normally go for on the cheap will double in value over night once Derby show an interest.

He will generate the money by selling the likes of Weimann, Camara, Butterfield, Christie and maybe even Bryson.

Rowett doesn't sign 'names' so we will see young championship/ league one players rather than a Bradley Johnson even though he is the type of player that fits into his plans.

i wouldn't be surprised to see a less obvious player leave like Shackell if first team football seems uncertain.

1 hour ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I am sure Mel will let GR have some money but nowhere near as much as the previous managers.

The issue I have though is , the perception that we've been big spenders and blasted money. To put into perspective under clement before the injuries to Will and Bryson, we had only paid fees for Ince ( who was previously on loan anyway ) Weimann  ( who not many argued about at the time) and a nominal fee for Carson who has been tremendous. It was only when Bryson and will got injured that we decided we needed to strengthen and we got pushed into a corner on Butterfield and no one saw the BJ signing as a bad deal at the time in fact many saw it as a couple. In hindsight were would of it have left us if we had not signed those 2 players with Will and Bryson out for the season ? 

Then January came we were there or there abouts Mel saw that didn't want to lose momentum and decided to let Clement sign a couple. It didn't work but that was still only an outlay of £3.5 million. 

In the summer we only really spent what we re couped for Hendrick , which was a damn good price. 

My personal thought for the summer that there won't be a specific budget. Rowett will have a good idea of the players he wants and will no players have to be moved on. More down to the fact of wages than actual transfer fees.

3 hours ago, Topram said:

or Martin, Ince & Hughes

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, needles said:

I'm expecting the recruitment to be more Shaun Barker type fees than Ikechi Anya type fees.

I'd be happy with Shaun Barker type players :)

2 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

He will generate the money by selling the likes of Weimann, Camara, Butterfield, Christie and maybe even Bryson.

Rowett doesn't sign 'names' so we will see young championship/ league one players rather than a Bradley Johnson even though he is the type of player that fits into his plans.

i wouldn't be surprised to see a less obvious player leave like Shackell if first team football seems uncertain.

You are judging what Rowett spends based on his time at Burton and Birmingham. 

He may have been offered a completely different war chest at Derby.

Hopefully not but it's wrong to assume that he didnt spend much at 2 clubs with shoestring budgets that he will do the same here.

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

I think this could be pretty accurate.

i wouldn't be surprised to see two or three out of four go - of martin, ince, vydra and hughes.

the rest will have to be cut price sales, loaned out or player exchange deals.

i think we could still invest an additional 5-10m 

the problem will be if we are left with players we can't shift who clearly do not feature in the managers plans. 

Outgoing loans could be a key feature.

Only thing with Vydra is Rowett wants pace, he has that, as Martin doesn't have pace, could be a very very tough summer! Not as easy as some think!

6 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

With out getting to football manager esque.  Realistically what sort of budget are we expecting Rowett to have to work with in the summer. All things considered summer outings , FFP , money made available by Uncle Mel ? 

10 million

19 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

He can now shop at Waitrose instead of Aldi but I'm sure he's savvy enough to realise that bargains can still be had at Aldi if you know what you're looking for and what you need.

The wine is,good value for the quality 

I think he'll have between 5-10m and then will have to sell to buy. From his interviews sounds like he wants to do that anyway, he's keen to trim the squad and It seems to have been mentioned in fans forums a new wage structure will be implemented aimed at reducing the wage bill.

Dont think you can judge Rowett on his previous transfers. This is a different scenario to his previous jobs. I expect there will be one or two "names" signed, but balanced with unproven talent and some players he's worked with before.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

You are judging what Rowett spends based on his time at Burton and Birmingham. 

He may have been offered a completely different war chest at Derby.

Hopefully not but it's wrong to assume that he didnt spend much at 2 clubs with shoestring budgets that he will do the same here.

I'm basing it on the fact that he thinks the squad is unbalanced, he said in an interview that he likes to work with about 18 first teamers and is obviously unhappy with what some players bring to the team.

I reckon we will see quite a few leave because that is what is needed.

Archived