What players should have transferred?

scarboroughwa

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigurdsson is excellent.

But he had his big move when he went to Spurs and he never really convinced. That's why he's being linked with Everton and Newcastle these days rather than Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool.

In his second year at Spurs, they brought in Christian Eriksen, who plays the same position and has established himself as arguably the best midfielder in the Premier League.

On topic, I'll be surprised if Manuel Lanzini doesn't move to a bigger club.

4 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

Sorta like Steven Gerrard if he was seeking league titles, although his choice to remain has made him an absolute scouse legend.

Gylfi Sigurdsson for me. I always thought he was great. But despite the rumours, there he's stayed. At Swansea. Still there.

Current or past? I don't know enough about current players, so I'll throw out Matt Le Tissier. Brilliant player who apart from his England caps I think won absolutely nothing at club level (I know I'll be corrected if he won one of the cups)

Being a club legend will leave you remembered far more than merely a first-team player in a successful team. Gerrard and Shearer may not have won titles at Liverpool/Newcastle, but in 50 years time they'll still be talked about whereas players like Andy Cole and Joe Cole who have a combined eight PL titles to their name won't be.

I was bemused at Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil joining Arsenal. Especially the latter after he broke the assist record for Real Madrid the season he left. Both could do much better. 

Abroad, considering his form at World Cups and Euros, it always suprised me that Miraslov Klose didn't have a better club career.

On 17/04/2017 at 07:58, richinspain said:

Current or past? I don't know enough about current players, so I'll throw out Matt Le Tissier. Brilliant player who apart from his England caps I think won absolutely nothing at club level (I know I'll be corrected if he won one of the cups)

Fish and pond. He's a Guern so never wanted to leave this area or his circle of friends.  Loved being the numero uno at his local club.

Nice bloke actually. Still very active in local matters and not for fat fees either. 

Always would have loved to see batistuta in his prime playing in england. He banged so many goals in for fiorentina and at international level he would have been superb.

Also would have loved to see gazza if he had joined man utd instead of spurs.

I also say to this day if shearer had signed for man utd, England would have won a tournament. Imagine him playing week in week out with Beckham, scholes, Neville, butt.

I personally never really rated Shearer. I can't see how he would make a top PL player these days with the game played at such a higher pace. I don't think a prime Shearer would get in a top 6 team, not ahead of Aguero, Firmino, Sanchez, Kane,  Costa or even Lukaku. Different type of player, much more moulded to the slower game and loose defences.

5 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

Who was that bloke who went to Man U I think mid season from Celtic (again, I think) banged in some crucial goals sorta winning Utd the title, and then chuffed off at the end of the season a hero?

Henrik Larsson? He played in Sweden when he was loaned to Man U, but is usually seen as a Celtic player.

Archived