Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

Its hard to believe that there is a chase.....

either no-one is coming up with the ££££££s or we are only willing to let him go to a crap team.

chris probably isn't keen on another 6 months living out of a suitcase.

And sunderland clearly can't stump up a fee.

BE GONE YOU MANKY MACKEMS

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Its hard to believe that there is a chase.....

either no-one is coming up with the ££££££s or we are only willing to let him go to a crap team.

chris probably isn't keen on another 6 months living out of a suitcase.

And sunderland clearly can't stump up a fee.

BE GONE YOU MANKY MACKEMS

The clubs have agreed the deal.  Coleman said so.  Martin just not decided yet

3 minutes ago, feisty said:

The clubs have agreed the deal.  Coleman said so.  Martin just not decided yet

He can do a lot better than that.

25 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

What's that got to do with anything? We got Carson for next to nothing, doesn't mean we would let him go for peanuts.

Totally different situation though! I know Martin is martyr in many Derby fans eyes but put it in perspective he's 29 and in been bang out of form for the past couple of years. What's his current worth to this derby team /squad ? 18 months at approx £30000 per week is £2.3 million saved in wages.

22 hours ago, Doodle said:

Refs can’t have it both ways. Earlier when being wrestled, he stayed on his feet and the ref does nothing. Second time he exaggerates the contact to help the ref spot the misdemeanour and the ref still does nothing. 

That was my feeling too. I was irritated by how he went down when fouled. In essence he was trying to attract attention to a foul that the ref should have seen. He over did it. ... But on the earlier offence, even from 60 yards away I could see the other player wrestling him yet he stayed up only for the ref to ignore the offence. I have huge patience and respect for refs when faced with some of today's drama queens, divers, cheats and practitioners of what we call gamesmanship. But on this one the ref was well positioned and made 2 errors in quick succession. 

Mind you ... I really do believe they balance out over a season and just a player can mis control a ball then a ref can call it wrong. 

2 hours ago, Sat Atwal said:

More on this..... Nixon saying we want an 18 month loan deal rather than till end of the season;

"Derby striker Martin, 29, is another target but the rams want Sunderland to take him on loan for 18 months rather than just half a season"

As strange as it gets, we must be after a hefty fee for that to be true, as his value could be next to nothing in 18 months.

Don't know if Nixon's seen the table recently but whilst Sunderland have a chance of going down there's no way on earth CM is agreeing to potentially be playing in League 1 next year! He may not be in our side now but CM in league 1 would be a joke. Plus we all know Sunderland financial trouble, they are't going to commit to a chunk of CM wages next season not knowing what division they're in.

Verdict: Sounds like bulls**t 

22 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Totally different situation though! I know Martin is martyr in many Derby fans eyes but put it in perspective he's 29 and in been bang out of form for the past couple of years. What's his current worth to this derby team /squad ? 18 months at approx £30000 per week is £2.3 million saved in wages.

When we loaned him to Fulham we could have got 8m for him then.... we can easily get 5m for him now..... like I said value will only go down further if doesn't succeed. The wages saved I take on board but however, we are still potentially losing millions

2 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Don't know if Nixon's seen the table recently but whilst Sunderland have a chance of going down there's no way on earth CM is agreeing to potentially be playing in League 1 next year! He may not be in our side now but CM in league 1 would be a joke. Plus we all know Sunderland financial trouble, they are't going to commit to a chunk of CM wages next season not knowing what division they're in.

Verdict: Sounds like bulls**t 

Sunderland with Chris Martin up front till end of season are not going down period.

His goals alone will keep them up.

9 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

When we loaned him to Fulham we could have got 8m for him then.... we can easily get 5m for him now..... like I said value will only go down further if doesn't succeed. The wages saved I take on board but however, we are still potentially losing millions

I think it was 6 million after his season long loan expired - His value has declined since then due to poor form.

We would be lucky to £3 million for him hence why nobody is coming forward with a perm deal .

Long term loan deal maybe the only option left!

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You what? Put it in perspective there's a lot of Martin-haters out there!

Martin haters? You’ve some Martin don’t raters and posters like yourself label anyone who doesn’t rate him too highly at this point are jumped on and called haters or disloyal as he was good for us in the past ,, just a clumsy attempt to silence any opposing opinion 

18 months long loan is a quite unusual in the football world, as I never heard before of such a proposition.

I think the only explanation behind is the fact he'll be finally transferred to Sunderland at the end of 18 months for some symbolic sum of money.

I suppose CM now faces personal dilemma, whether he wants to commit his football future to such an idea or not.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

His value may have declined due to lack of playing time but you can't describe it as poor form when he isn't actually playing apart from 5/10 minute cameos.

If his form was good he would have gained more playing time, as it is he is now playing second fiddle to Winnall a player on loan to us!

His value is based on current form, not what he did 4 or 5 seasons ago,

11 minutes ago, toddy said:

I think it was 6 million after his season long loan expired - His value has declined since then due to poor form.

We would be lucky to £3 million for him hence why nobody is coming forward with a perm deal .

Long term loan deal maybe the only option left!

Chris has three loans left in him as his wages are too high for most clubs on top of a permanent transfer fee.

19 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

Again over inflated prices , we were never going to get an extra £8 million , it wasnt a for gone conclusion that Fulham were going to buy him ? We will not get £5million for him now , if we could we would. Put the shoe on the other foot if you were a reading fan for example and your club announced the £5million signing of a 29 year old out of form striker would you be happy ? I' just being a realist. I'e been one of Martin's biggest fans over the past few years, I really have but at the moment his worth to Derby county is quite low.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

If his form was good he would have gained more playing time, as it is he is now playing second fiddle to Winnall a player on loan to us!

His value is based on current form, not what he did 4 or 5 seasons ago,

Nothing to do with his form. He ain't playing because he doesn't fit into Rowetts system. Keep up.

15 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

18 months long loan is a quite unusual in the football world, as I never heard before of such a proposition.

I think the only explanation behind is the fact he'll be finally transferred to Sunderland at the end of 18 months for some symbolic sum of money.

I suppose CM now faces personal dilemma, whether he wants to commit his football future to such an idea or not.

Wouldn't say unusual in the football world, but in English football. In Germany and Italy, loans are actually quite often up to two years, eve though loaned players usually young ones.

Never understood why those are not that common in England.

Archived