Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

27 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I gave you a like 86P, and based on your definition l find myself to be a Martinite.

Just for the record l do enjoy most of Ninos posts. Not necessarily for the content. More because he (so easily) winds a small few up on here. He keeps reeling them in. It’s laughable really.

You wouldn't find me biting.

Or you wouldn't find evidence of it, anyway.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the feeling it will be difficult for any team not challenging for promotion to take on CM. No club is going to want to shell out on high wages who aren't in with a play off chance at least. So where could he go? Or is it just a myth that we don’t want him going to a promotion rival? 

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

I get the feeling it will be difficult for any team not challenging for promotion to take on CM. No club is going to want to shell out on high wages who aren't in with a play off chance at least. So where could he go? Or is it just a myth that we don’t want him going to a promotion rival? 

Plus why would Chrissy want to go to a team not challenging - he wants promotion to the Prem!?

Not shocked to see Lambert linked with him, Martin played & scored a lot under Lambert at Norwich, localish club so would suit Martin and his settled family. 

8m plus his wages saved would be massive as well the loan fee we already got from Fulham

5 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

Crazy money indeed, but as Stoke are in PL, £8m shouldn't represent a big issue for them.

I was referring to the wages.

I reckon before his contract renewal he would have been on 25-30k after the playoff seasons, for us to convince him to stick with us over Fulham id imagine we would have had to offer him more money, whether thats 50k I doubt it but i would not be shocked if he was on close to 40k 

At the time of renewal he was seen as a key part to McClaren part 2 so I think he would be given a wage to suit his key role in the squad that was expected

If you take the wage figure as fact, it would take a bid of around £6.5m just to wash our face on the deal, nevermind make a profit.

We handed a player out on loan a £9m overall package to commit his future!

No, No, no.

Archived