Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

1 hour ago, Saity said:

36 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

And to say Martin's attitude is better than Winnall's? I've no idea how you could possibly come to that conclusion.

...where is the evidence that Winnall has a questionable attitude ?

It looks like Sam Winnall has a problematic personality after all, according to the Fans from the Owls Forum:

samwinnallpoo-01.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ninos said:

“Hold the ball up and be a nuisance” is not clearly why he went and got Jerome.

Except it obviously is considering his pace is starting to go which leaves his strength and size as his main asset. Unless you're going to try and convince me that he was signed for his clinical finishing which has yielded a mighty 1 goal in the league so far. Even your favourite Chris Martin has a better goals to minutes ration in the league this season.

He's here to come on and use his sheer physical presence to disrupt teams later on in games when Winnall or Nugent are knackered. What are you expecting?

3 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

It looks like Sam Winnall has a problematic personality after all, according to the Fans from the Owls Forum:

samwinnallpoo-01.jpg

According to a mate from school? Half the people from my school would probably say the same thing about me. On the other hand Martin was the one who was on a season long loan at a club and tried everything in his power to cancel that loan. That is not really a good attitude to have. We didn't care much because it was good for us at the time. Ended up in him getting a much better contract that his meant hardly any Championship teams can afford him out on loan. The loan thing at Fulham is a better example than some mate who was at school with Winnall. Don't you think?

11 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

According to a mate from school? Half the people from my school would probably say the same thing about me. On the other hand Martin was the one who was on a season long loan at a club and tried everything in his power to cancel that loan. That is not really a good attitude to have. We didn't care much because it was good for us at the time. Ended up in him getting a much better contract that his meant hardly any Championship teams can afford him out on loan. The loan thing at Fulham is a better example than some mate who was at school with Winnall. Don't you think?

Thats it then !!! one mate says he was a problem at school so must be true pmsl :lol:......I think GR must know if his attitude is suitable or not

2 hours ago, lrm14 said:

Except it obviously is considering his pace is starting to go which leaves his strength and size as his main asset. Unless you're going to try and convince me that he was signed for his clinical finishing which has yielded a mighty 1 goal in the league so far. Even your favourite Chris Martin has a better goals to minutes ration in the league this season.

He's here to come on and use his sheer physical presence to disrupt teams later on in games when Winnall or Nugent are knackered. What are you expecting?

Doubt it. That’s a small piece.

Rowett has coveted Jerome for a while. Wouldn’t surprise me if post Bristol he’s the bona fide starting 9 with Nuge and Winnall backing him up. (Sheff W will prob take Winnall back end of season) Yes he’s big and can batter but he’s fast great in the air, and has a reputation as a very hard worker. 

Wouldnt surprise me one bit if he becomes prolific at scoring again under Rowett. 

6 hours ago, SilentRam said:

I find that hard to believe,,,,,,,, only half?

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

The large salary is no great surprise let’s face it.  It is odd though that Hay is suggesting we approached Leeds to try to secure interest. Perhaps just paper talk, but l still think anyone on here thinking we are looking to sell Chris for in excess of £5m are well wide of the mark. Personally l still think a loan is our best option - get him playing, and hopefully scoring again, with a view to getting some better value for him in the summer.

33 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

The large salary is no great surprise let’s face it.  It is odd though that Hay is suggesting we approached Leeds to try to secure interest. Perhaps just paper talk, but l still think anyone on here thinking we are looking to sell Chris for in excess of £5m are well wide of the mark. Personally l still think a loan is our best option - get him playing, and hopefully scoring again, with a view to getting some better value for him in the summer.

I’d wager that we’ve been shopping him around - thus the number of clubs interested. Hays prob tellin the truth.

If he has no future here then the best option is to move him permanently even if it is for a low fee. Reason being that a prem club aren’t going to be interested so you’re looking at a few championship sides to be able to afford both a fee and his wages. His unaffordability keeps popping up in media articles. He’s unlikely to take a pay cut to play and his wages are surely bigger than they were when Pearson loaned him out. What’s gonna happen is we will loan him as you say but we will prob have to cover some of his wages. Hope not though and some savvy manouevering by GR and maybe we can get Reading Villa Sunderland or even (gun shy) Fulham to pay the full salary while he’s with them. 

11 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I’d wager that we’ve been shopping him around - thus the number of clubs interested. Hays prob tellin the truth.

If he has no future here then the best option is to move him permanently even if it is for a low fee. Reason being that a prem club aren’t going to be interested so you’re looking at a few championship sides to be able to afford both a fee and his wages. His unaffordability keeps popping up in media articles. He’s unlikely to take a pay cut to play and his wages are surely bigger than they were when Pearson loaned him out. What’s gonna happen is we will loan him as you say but we will prob have to cover some of his wages. Hope not though and some savvy manouevering by GR and maybe we can get Reading Villa Sunderland or even (gun shy) Fulham to pay the full salary while he’s with them. 

Ninos I think you've got it about right at the and of day CM has got us by balls He has all the cards and you can't blame him for that. I think we all know where the blame lies but those two are no longer employed be the club  I've got a feeling this could rumble for sometime he still has two years left on his contract and nobody in the Championship will pay those wages 

10 hours ago, SilentRam said:

Got to agree with you only have to read the language they use to know what intellect they are  As far as I'm aware Winnall has never gone on strike and refused to play 

30 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Ninos I think you've got it about right at the and of day CM has got us by balls He has all the cards and you can't blame him for that. I think we all know where the blame lies but those two are no longer employed be the club  I've got a feeling this could rumble for sometime he still has two years left on his contract and nobody in the Championship will pay those wages 

The alternative would be to use part of any fee to pay his "loss of earnings" let's say he's on 10 grand a week over the odds which is 500k so 3 years is 1.5 million. You get might get 4 million gross, but the club then sacrifices 1.5 million. Not great for DCFC but might just reflect the harsh realities of restructuring a team 

Oh, the conspiracies are back!

Where did Martin try and force a move back? Mclaren wanted him, Fulham refused and remarked he hadn’t refused to play like reported.

Poor attitude? What’s the proof? Some flappin during games?

Martin has us ‘by the balls’? Why does he? Because a newspaper,not related to Derby, have a figure for his wage. I think last January showed you not to trust local reporters for other clubs (ie, why everyone believed Martin refused to play). It’s not like he’s sitting around doing nothing, he’s wanting to get out and play football.

’Shopping him around’? Clubs are interested, Rowett/the club are trying to sort a deal that suits everyone. It’s not that other clubs have needed convincing, it’s sorting that deal.

As I said yesterday it’s some of this nonsense that explains why this thread has reached 126 pages of absolute fluff. Basically the club are trying to sort out a way to get Martin game time, something that suits all 3 parties. 

So we are stuck with a player  sat on his arse with a big fat contract - brilliant

all the dealings - with Fulham and a new contract - what a crap deal we are left with

no matter  how hard we want to remember the past / we are stuck with probably the best paid player in the club - and he doesn’t figure in our plans etc

No good all round - that includes Chris Martin !!!

So Chris Martin and Sam Winnall have bad attitudes...utter ********.

The case for the prosecution is that Sam Winnall chinned another player after said playertried to break his legs in training and that Owlstalk say so.

And Chris(the Wardrobe)Martin did try and secure himself a pay rise from his employer and did on occasion throw his arms around in a toddler like strop when a referee did not award him a foul and did on occasion fein that he had been shot by a sniper and collapse as If mortally wounded.

Case dismissed!

13 minutes ago, irobinson said:

So we are stuck with a player  sat on his arse with a big fat contract - brilliant

all the dealings - with Fulham and a new contract - what a crap deal we are left with

no matter  how hard we want to remember the past / we are stuck with probably the best paid player in the club - and he doesn’t figure in our plans etc

No good all round - that includes Chris Martin !!!

Let’s be honest though a few years ago ‘leeds not interested in striker’ would not be news. It’s essentially click bait and if it didn’t exist then nothing about Martins contract would be released like this, as it’s not important. Also, while there’s still potentially a few twists in this, there’s still time to sort everything out. It’s just this demanding ‘sort everything out right now’ culture that people put on everything so it becomes a ‘saga’. It’s fine, he will go somewhere no doubt, it’s just with FFP that they need to make a deal that suits everyone.

Archived