Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We've been there before.

Will you be as impressed by rowett if we don’t as you are with Mac when we didn’t ?

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We've been there before.

And every other time there’s been praise, why should that be any different with Rowett? We’ve picked up as many points as we did under Mac (first time) and clement, and Rowett has inherited much more of a mess than they did.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

And every other time there’s been praise, why should that be any different with Rowett? We’ve picked up as many points as we did under Mac (first time) and clement, and Rowett has inherited much more of a mess than they did.

Almost every time. Clement? Rowett didn't have a mess, he had lots of choice.

The Chris Martin debate would disappear if we had someone younger in Nugent's role.

Right now we have an attacking duo that's working well but Nugent's 32 and has looked quite leggy recently, which is worrying when so much of his game in this system is based around pressing the opposition. Not to mention that the two goals against Millwall cover up a two month goal drought.

If we had someone younger that we knew could partner Vydra next season as well, there'd be no consideration of Chris Martin at all. It's so much easier to get behind someone you know can still improve and grow with Vydra.

But for now, there's one of the best strikers in the league sat on the bench doing nothing, so people will naturally want him in the side, regardless of how well he fits the style. We've won games with him in the team too. I was at Barnsley away, we won 3-0 comfortably and there was not much of a noticeable difference between us having Martin playing and Nugent playing.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

If we had someone younger that we knew could partner Vydra next season as well, there'd be no consideration of Chris Martin at all. It's so much easier to get behind someone you know can still improve and grow with Vydra.

You don't get it AT ALL. Chris Martin is a fabulously skilful footballer. Rowett plays anti-football.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

You don't get it AT ALL. Chris Martin is a fabulously skilful footballer. Rowett plays anti-football.

I've literally been posting on here for over 12 months about how good Martin is and how I'd work to incorporate him into the side...and you say that?

You will say anything to discredit Rowett and it's beyond embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

I've literally been posting on here for over 12 months about how good Martin is and how I'd work to incorporate him into the side...and you say that?

You will say anything to discredit Rowett and it's beyond embarrassing.

Ooh get you. If you know how good Martin is, what's going on then? You're embarrassing yourself it seems.

7 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

The Chris Martin debate would disappear if we had someone younger in Nugent's role.

Right now we have an attacking duo that's working well but Nugent's 32 and has looked quite leggy recently, which is worrying when so much of his game in this system is based around pressing the opposition. Not to mention that the two goals against Millwall cover up a two month goal drought.

But for now, there's one of the best strikers in the league sat on the bench doing nothing, so people will naturally want him in the side, regardless of how well he fits the style. We've won games with him in the team too. I was at Barnsley away, we won 3-0 comfortably and there was not much of a noticeable difference between us having Martin playing and Nugent playing.

Ahh I don’t wanna bombard you under too many ‘martinis’ (I’m changing the fan club name from martinites), and I do think you are possibly right but isn’t that younger player arguably Winnall at the moment?

Personally I just think it’s having a different option to that and using it where appropriate, a la imo yesterday. We need someone to hold the ball in attack, it’s starting to get a little like the Bent days when the ball would just keep coming back and we’d concede under bombardment. When we have a player who can do it then why isn’t he being used? That’s my only argument with it, if you have a squad then use it sensibly 

8 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Interested in how you define "anti-football"

Your wasting your time , Roy doesn’t accept rowett and never will , he wanted to keep mac and that’s that ,, it’s his right to hold that opinion and never change it , once you get your head round that it’s easier to just accept that’s his view and no point trying to debate or reason with him over it 

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Interested in how you define "anti-football"

Think he is referring to free flowing gung ho mclaren ere football mate.... you score 2 we score 5..... it was a joy to watch thf..... but due to incredibly bad luck at Wembley we didn' reach our goal..... rowetts football isn't pleasing on the eye..... however we are top 2..... and in comparison to previous seasons where we collapsed..... we haven't got a team full of young quality players who have never experienced a mentally daunting promotion push when things are going bad.... but those stellar players have been replaced in the squad by battle hardened veterans on promotions..... Davies Nugent Huddlestone Nugent etc.....

Mclaren era was lovely..... should have got promoted no ifs buts.... but we didn't u fortunately due to terrible luck.....

P.s. Just as we should have won against leicester at wembley in the play off final all those years ago with a expensively assembled squad but we didn't..... sell your best players..... short kitson Charles Johnson...... replaced with other so called lesser players (like rowett) and a year or 2 later we got promoted...... it's happening again.... it's happening again..... Nottingham forest, see you later, it's happening again 

11 minutes ago, archied said:

Your wasting your time , Roy doesn’t accept rowett and never will , he wanted to keep mac and that’s that ,, it’s his right to hold that opinion and never change it , once you get your head round that it’s easier to just accept that’s his view and no point trying to debate or reason with him over it 

I guessed as much - the reply to my request just confirmed it

21 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Just to put the record straight, we didn’t have incredibly bad luck at Wembley. McLaren’s team had half an hour playing against 10 men and didn’t come close to scoring

I beg to differ..... Russell cleaned out when would have scored..... missing 2 sitters.... 1 counter attack, fozzy and bucko getting taken out on bye line, and a miss clearance by an unfortunate Keogh, falling to a centre forward who cost multi millions of pounds during his career..... against a team who took a hit on ffp for what they did during the season.... yes incredibly bad luck.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

He is a proven goal scorer but fabulously skilful? No way. Salah is fabulously skilful but Martin? Come on. 

Archived