Bell Hotel Fans Forum 9/5/17

Curtains

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

In those years our recruitment has really worked so makes sense to try something else IMO.

That's my point. If he was never happy with it and could see that it wasn't working he should have stopped it earlier. Not Mel bashing in any way, just I think that he should have changed things earlier.

Just now, 1967Ram said:

TBF, I wasn't too chuffed with it either!

Me neither.

Not sure why it's come as a surprise to some, time and time again he has said he will back the manager 100% with signings/selling. 

Doesn't mean he will agree with each transfer.

This amazing infrastructure and set up Rowett's so impressed with, doesn't help much with marking at corners does it ?

To be honest, I'm tiring of hearing/reading about it because it doesn't seem to inspire a lot of the players come match days. I think the club should only give players access to it after a decent performance, I mean, was there any evidence it made them flourish down at Brighton ? 

Moan over. 

A few observations from tonight. I thought it was quite a relaxed atmosphere and far less awkward questions than I had imagined. Too many people in a small room, though! How Mel Morris sat through it in a gilet I'll never know!

Mel started by saying event long overdue and he fully intends to do one every 2 -3 months in future. Gary done about 7 events already , happy to answer anything and he will be honest. He sees this as a pretty large summer ahead - at least it's a challenge!

Was asked about late signings last summer, would we do them earlier this year? Gary answered 1 or 2 early if lucky. It's a limited market for the quality of player we want lots of other clubs want them too. Hoping to get majority of business done before the training week away [so 15 July, then?]

DOF already mentioned and they actually interviewed someone but Mel said he asked G did you rate him and do you even want a DOF and G said no to both. Mel then went on to explain he feels DOF role can lead to a disconnect between manager and player recruited by someone else. If manager signs then there's more of an ownership and sense of obligation from player to manager.

Qwhat are next season's KPIs? G answered in terms of stats, actually goals scored, goals conceded etc and number of players used, ideally less than 24 (most promoted teams use less). So, looking for players who are durable and consistent across season. KPIS around values - drive, hunger etc.

Interesting snippet about selling players - what are we losing? For example, how many goals are we selling? Interesting stuff hereand quite detailed, I thought. 

Archived