Brentford v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I suppose GR didn't mention effort...

He didn't mention effort, because that wasn't the case.

If they really didn't try to win, expect all the players involved to receive a fine and Derby as a club to receive a fine for breaking FA rules.

4 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

Behave yourself today. No starting on your fellow rams fans like last year. Up the ramps

Think you're talking to wrong person. 

Think this is a much needed reality check, if I'm honest. Three wins and a draw under Rowett don't make us promotion prospects anymore than the unbeaten run did under McClaren. Fully understand that paying fans get frustrated with these kinds of results but at the same time I think it's just a reflection of where we really are as a team and that, painful as it may be, is the same place we were under McClaren. Is it reasonable to expect anything else as yet?

Despite being shocked when Steve was shown the door, I fully support Rowett and I hope that us fans and also the management team will now allow him time to build a team that delivers consistency because it's consistency that offers promotion prospects more than any other factor. The ability to win (or not lose) even when we are not fully on our mettle. 

My last thought is simply that today we were off the pace and Brentford clearly were not, so perhaps we should give them a little credit too rather than assuming the only reason we lost is because of our own failings which seems to be a half-truth, at best.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

He didn't mention effort, because that wasn't the case.

If they really didn't try to win, expect all the players involved to receive a fine and Derby as a club to receive a fine for breaking FA rules.

ROFL.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Think this is a much needed reality check, if I'm honest. Three wins and a draw under Rowett don't make us promotion prospects anymore than the unbeaten run did under McClaren. Fully understand that paying fans get frustrated with these kinds of results but at the same time I think it's just a reflection of where we really are as a team and that, painful as it may be, is the same place we were under McClaren. Is it reasonable to expect anything else as yet?

Despite being shocked when Steve was shown the door, I fully support Rowett and I hope that us fans and also the management team will now allow him time to build a team that delivers consistency because it's consistency that offers promotion prospects more than any other factor. The ability to win (or not lose) even when we are not fully on our mettle. 

My last thought is simply that today we were off the pace and Brentford clearly were not, so perhaps we should give them a little credit too rather than assuming the only reason we lost is because of our own failings which seems to be a half-truth, at best.

Completely and utterly bang on sir..

1 minute ago, Harrowram said:

Absolutely dire result against a club which struggles to recruit 11, 000 per game. Tactically inept which gave Jota plenty pf opportunuties. Rowett has six games in the new season

Oh behave.. That type of thinking is what has got us into this situation... 

Times up for this group of players, and really deep down I think we've all known that all along despite the recent form. All the results did was emphasise the fact that the slight run of good form just papered over the cracks, rather than really showed a change.

The players mentality is all wrong, I've said it all season, there's no leadership or mental strength in the team. Whenever anything goes slightly wrong, they down tools and give up. I'd love to know how many times we've come back from losing positions this season, cause I'll bet it ain't many, not to mention all the late goals conceded when the pressure is on.

It strikes me that the players only respond for brief periods of time when new managers are appointed before becoming disengaged again. We saw it under Clement, under mcclaren (second season and second appointment) and now we're potentially starting to see it under rowett. Seems to me that they only try when a new mans appointed to make sure they keep their place ( and their big fat wages) before they revert back to putting in minimal effort and focus again.

Now this is evidently not the whole team, there's players there that love the game and wear their heart on their sleeve and will fight till the end. But there ain't enough of them, there's not enough of a spine in the team to really get consistent results required in this league. We need leaders, we need fighters, we need an overhaul. It's clear our issues lie with the playing staff not the managers, we've given these players too many chances under new regimes, all inevitably ending in disappointment. The only way to success now is to rebuild, and I think that's exactly what rowett has been brought in to do, and will do this summer. He's the right man for the job, of that I'm convinced, he just need to have the ******** now to bring about the nessercery change.

4 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Absolutely dire result against a club which struggles to recruit 11, 000 per game. Tactically inept which gave Jota plenty pf opportunuties. Rowett has six games in the new season

How does having a large fanbase improve results on the pitch?

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ridiculous isn't it? Blaming a defeat on a lack of effort is silly and only displays a lack of understanding for how football actually works.

ROFL. You aren't GR and I don't get £5.

ps I got your jibe about not understanding how football works. You don't seem to understand how effort works.

We have an unbalanced team, we have all season, when teams exploit this we have trouble, if they dont we win. GR knows this and will address it in the summer. Brentford are no mugs although a little inconsistent. 

Lets move on and see how we can finish the season , which i think will be on a high.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

ROFL. You aren't GR and I don't get £5.

ps I got your jibe about not understanding how football works. You don't seem to understand how effort works.

What are you talking about? Go on, define effort for me please. 

Seeing as we showed it in our seven game winning run but not against Brentford, I'd like to know what it was that we so evidently lacked...

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

What are you talking about? Go on, define effort for me please. 

Seeing as we showed it in our seven game winning run but not against Brentford, I'd like to know what it was that we so evidently lacked...

Read Rowetts quote he knows.

So just to recap:-

The last 4 matches have been down to brilliant management, astute tactical decisions, sporting weaknesses to exploit and knowing when to change things.

Today's loss was because the players are rubbish and don't try.

Some of the over reactions are an absolute laughable embarrassment. 

We shouldn't lose to Brentford because they only get 11,000 spectators. Please stop with such stupi comments!

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Times up for this group of players, and really deep down I think we've all known that all along despite the recent form. All the results did was emphasise the fact that the slight run of good form just papered over the cracks, rather than really showed a change.

The players mentality is all wrong, I've said it all season, there's no leadership or mental strength in the team. Whenever anything goes slightly wrong, they down tools and give up. 

Just the players? 

Archived