Vydra

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Showed more fight than many on that pitch in a Derby shirt. Also looked really capable with the ball at his feet and a decent goal-threat behind the striker. Could do with working on his passing though. Gave the ball away a few times. 

Quite correct, he was brave enough to try and make things happen whilst the majority of his team mates hid. You can forgive him a few stray passes for his tenacity. I think him and Chris Martin will link up well and get us back amongst the goals. Roll on next season. This one can't end soon enough for me. 

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Quite correct, he was brave enough to try and make things happen whilst the majority of his team mates hid. You can forgive him a few stray passes for his tenacity. I think him and Chris Martin will link up well and get us back amongst the goals. Roll on next season. This one can't end soon enough for me. 

Agreed. Would love to see Vydra play in behind Martin in a 4-2-3-1. Likelihood is that McClaren will revert back to 4-3-3 when Martin is back though, with Vydra on the bench :/ 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Agreed. Would love to see Vydra play in behind Martin in a 4-2-3-1. Likelihood is that McClaren will revert back to 4-3-3 when Martin is back though, with Vydra on the bench :/ 

Hope he varies between the two formations. Horses for courses mentality if you will. We just need a bit of steel in the 2 if we go 4-2-3-1. Far too light weight in that department last night.

41 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Hope he varies between the two formations. Horses for courses mentality if you will. We just need a bit of steel in the 2 if we go 4-2-3-1. Far too light weight in that department last night.

Exactly Steve. No Johnson, no Thorne, Will running at 75% of form, Hanson on loan, Bryson was never an enforcer, Butterfield lacks commitment and De Saart a bit powederfuff in a game like that. In short ... comprehensively out gunned. We could have Messi and Ronaldo up front but unless they have ball they might as well be baking cup cakes.

Definately keep him, for next season, settled and looks like he will push on now

Most importantly , if 4-3-3 is our first formation and we need to change it mid-game, we can put him behind martin/nugent and find another way past the opposition

We already know Rowett wont just stick to one formation as said in his interviews

With a full pre season, Vydra and nugent can really come good for us, as impact players, if not starters

This has probly already been said but play him in his preferred position for god sake....not out wide, down the middle.

Was disappointed Rowett had seemed to make the same mistake as Macca by starting him out wide...he switched it second half and hey ho!

Down the middle behind Nugent.

Not rocket science.

1 minute ago, DerbyMark said:

This has probly already been said but play him in his preferred position for god sake....not out wide, down the middle.

Was disappointed Rowett had seemed to make the same mistake as Macca by starting him out wide...he switched it second half and hey ho!

Down the middle behind Nugent.

Not rocket science.

Maybe Rowett may have tried this in the training and thought go for that one.. Maybe Rowett may have REALISED playing behind Nugent is better who knows... 

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Yep but probably while on loan at a top six rival knowing us.

Oh god stop it. Sending Martin out was BIGGEST MISTAKE, damn you Pearson.:(

1 hour ago, kingsy1884 said:

I think Vydra will fully be in GRs plans. He always seems to apply himself. 

It would be interesting to see him and Martin together.

Interesting yeah. There's no telling it would work though. Martin has had very few great seasons in his career and all of them was as a lone striker I think.

6 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Interesting yeah. There's no telling it would work though. Martin has had very few great seasons in his career and all of them was as a lone striker I think.

Martin, Nugent and Vydra will give GR all the options he needs. 

I see Martin as the focal point of the attack he holds the ball up very well and with Vydra linking off him. It could be Great mix. 

49 minutes ago, Simsy said:

You will literally snap at any half chance to have a dig won't you? 

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

He had a good season and a half playing upfront with Grant Holt at Norwich before he got injured. He also had a half decent spell at Palace playing the number 10 role in a 4-2-3-1. Started well in the 13/14 season here when Clough played him upfront with Russell scoring 6 in 12.

Martin and Nugent are great options to compete for lone striker, Vydra playing off either of them could work well. Rowett is not going to be able to splash the cash as Clement did so expect him to utilise his current squad. He likes a target man, why and go spend 10m+ on one when you already have a good one in your ranks

I think next season we will see 4-2-3-1 quite a lot, with the forward 4 being chosen out of Martin, Nugent and Vydra for the lone striker role. Ince, Russell, Anya and Vydra for the wide positions and any of those 6 in the number 10 role. Even during matches I can see the front 4 drifting and swapping around.

52 minutes ago, rynny said:

I think next season we will see 4-2-3-1 quite a lot, with the forward 4 being chosen out of Martin, Nugent and Vydra for the lone striker role. Ince, Russell, Anya and Vydra for the wide positions and any of those 6 in the number 10 role. Even during matches I can see the front 4 drifting and swapping around.

How did we do? 

Is it worth getting a ST??

Archived