2 simple problems 1 simple solution

The_Sheriff

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont understand some comments. We concede too many corners just having one Jason shackell will prevent those look at West Brom he cleared pretty much everything. Hes only one player but that one player makes a huge difference.

yes he's injured I get that I never said otherwise.

we are conceding too many late goals too.

i remember billy davies throwing another cb on for the last few minutes to ensure victory. By any means necessary you need to see out games and we are missing a bucko or a M Johnson. 

I would spend sessions defending set pieces then have an intense tiring game and finish defending set pieces again!

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We are conceding late goals primarily because we surrender territory by dropping too deep. It isn't corners per say it's defending too deep.

Well no it's clearly corners as well by definition of what you are saying and by what's happening. 

4 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

We've conceded again from a corner so Shackell is put forward as the answer. He is a very good defensive header of the ball agreed, but his distribution in open play has kept him out of the team, which from a neutral seems harsh but it really is that bad and was he was slated for it.

Teams sussed  out that when Carson rolled him the ball, He will pass it sideways to keogh so press shackell and keogh he would look across, panic and blindly hoof. Bringing Shackell back purely for his airial ability is a bit of a knee jerk reaction, until he improves is less formidable sides of his game. 

Same happens to Pearce, no different. Shackell is a superior defender.

3 hours ago, Simsy said:

I would spend sessions defending set pieces then have an intense tiring game and finish defending set pieces again!

Nice thought Simsy, but given the number of goals we score from set pieces l think we could then be in danger of lulling our defenders into a false sense of security.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Nice thought Simsy, but given the number of goals we score from set pieces l think we could then be in danger of lulling our defenders into a false sense of security.

Very true! :lol: when practicing get an extra couple from the youths attacking. Make it a miss match! 

41 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Defending corners is all well and good, but it's no good if you can't defend in open play.

Also true. But we need to defend set pieces better especially corners. I was told no team in the EFL have conceded more. That's a problem we need to solve.

8 hours ago, Simsy said:

Very true! :lol: when practicing get an extra couple from the youths attacking. Make it a miss match! 

Also true. But we need to defend set pieces better especially corners. I was told no team in the EFL have conceded more. That's a problem we need to solve.

How many of them goals we've conceded from set plays has Shackell been in? Genuine question 

Sith Happens
18 hours ago, Simsy said:

Corners

Late goals against.

Solution: Jason shackell 

We still have one of the best defences. The solution isnt Jason Shackell, the solution is score more goals.

The reason we are in the position we are isnt down to either of the things you mention ,is downt to the fact we have one of the worst scoring records in the league.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

We still have one of the best defences. The solution isnt Jason Shackell, the solution is score more goals.

The reason we are in the position we are isnt down to either of the things you mention ,is downt to the fact we have one of the worst scoring records in the league.

Yeah we don't score enough that's true but we can't hide the fact we are leaking goals late on and leaking a lot from corners.

if you don't concede you don't lose lol

Archived