2 simple problems 1 simple solution

The_Sheriff

On 20/03/2017 at 06:37, Paul71 said:

They still scored twice as many as they conceded. If we had then things would look very different. 

well obviously, they conceded the least drew a lot but lost few that seems to be the formula for championship success we where playing the derby whatever that is attacking for 75 minutes then hangin on the goal posts last quarter

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
13 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

well obviously, they conceded the least drew a lot but lost few that seems to be the formula for championship success we where playing the derby whatever that is attacking for 75 minutes then hangin on the goal posts last quarter

All i was making a point was it was stated boro didnt score many, but twice as many as conceded isnt bad, and actually they still had about the 7th best scoring record in the league.

we have a massive problem at the club with corners and set pieces at both ends of the field,we cant defend them and we cant attack them,could the latter be the problem.a workman is only as good as his tools,so with that in mind the coaches for the defence only have our attack for the defence to train against,hence they have no experience on the training ground of how to defend against a decent set piece attack,if that makes sense.

I'm with @Alpha - its Forsyth who's our front runner in terms of air defense. We've been pretty meh in that department whichever defenders we've had since his injuries.

It's not like we were great before them, but we were better than this in my mind at least.

The solution to conceding from corners is for our team as a whole to get better at defending corners.

The solution to losing/drawing due to last minute goals is either a) for the team/management to improve game management or b) score more goals/concede less goals during the rest of the game

Condensing either of those problems to an individual in terms of problem or solution is ridiculous. 

Statically only forsyth wins on average more aerial duels then shackell.

If people can't recognise he makes a big positive difference when defending set pieces then they are naive

That's not hiding that the team do need to improve on defending them better but if you are only 5ft 8 there's only so much you can do. By having a shackell or a Darren Moore defending your corners your chances of success are far greater.

Good as he is with his nut, Shackell hasn't got a forward pass in him and by the time he's made up his mind who he's going to square the ball to, the opposition have got back into position. Just my observation from an armchair point of view you understand. ;)

Archived