2 simple problems 1 simple solution

The_Sheriff

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

How many of them goals we've conceded from set plays has Shackell been in? Genuine question 

Not sure I am going off from what I have seen and I think much less. I will get back to you if I can with some statistical data. At risk of pissing on my own fire :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
Just now, Simsy said:

Yeah we don't score enough that's true but we can't hide the fact we are leaking goals late on and leaking a lot from corners.

if you don't concede you don't lose lol

No its true, but maybe if our forward line were a bit more lethal and not a bottom half of the championship on form forward line, we wouldnt be under so much pressure late on and concede.

Ask Middlesborough fans, a top 5 defence and worst attack, its not the goals they have conceded that will get them relegated its the ones they havent scored.

I wont deny we need to work on set pieces, but our biggest problems lie further up the pitch. Its the same old thing when people blame Keogh for us not getting promoted at wembley, they remember us conceding, but not the fact our forward line couldnt score against 10 men.

7 hours ago, Paul71 said:

No its true, but maybe if our forward line were a bit more lethal and not a bottom half of the championship on form forward line, we wouldnt be under so much pressure late on and concede.

Ask Middlesborough fans, a top 5 defence and worst attack, its not the goals they have conceded that will get them relegated its the ones they havent scored.

I wont deny we need to work on set pieces, but our biggest problems lie further up the pitch. Its the same old thing when people blame Keogh for us not getting promoted at wembley, they remember us conceding, but not the fact our forward line couldnt score against 10 men.

Yeah good points.. you are a defender aren't you? :lol:

9 hours ago, Paul71 said:

that system got them promoted not many goals scored but least against seems to be the formula for promotion in the championship

Sith Happens
9 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

that system got them promoted not many goals scored but least against seems to be the formula for promotion in the championship

They still scored twice as many as they conceded. If we had then things would look very different. 

We lack height in defence, we didn't try and force a short corner; we didn't have anyone on the posts someone on Carsons right hand post may have kept the ball out (although it was a great header) and no one would have specific responsibility for picking up the full back I'm guessing so in a zonal system the nearest players were Russell, Baird and Johnson (I think) of these Johnson would probably be best pick to try and defend it 

Positive - it's all coachable 

Negative - should never have lost that game at that stage 

I don't see how getting taller CB's would help. It's not our CB's that are consistently struggling with aerial balls.

Well, they are finding it tough. Probably due to how much reliance is placed on those two and Johnson to win everything in the air. It's panic now.

I mean we conceded a throw in goal vs Barnsley because Jacob Butterfield was marking a bloke he never stood a chance against. 

Is it linked to how many late goals we conceded? Towards the end of games when teams become more direct. 

I mean without Johnson in DM we lose everything that drops out the sky. Even if we win the first ball we were losing the bounce!! 

Archived