What do we deserve?!

RoyMac5

1 minute ago, TroyDyer said:

Obvs. But they have a bit missing in the noggin. 

A lot of 'big' clubs get a hell of a lot less than us. Hell, look at the Brighton turn out yesterday. If we were 2nd and at home, on Sky or not, the ground would be rammed. Infact even in our current state there would have been 30k there last night. Mugs, all of us. But still there. 

Not so many there in Clough days.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Millenniumram said:

This criticism of Derby fans is abolsutely ******** imo, we've got a few idiots on sausageter sure, but what clubs don't?! We're no different to any other clubs, most fans just want to see their team being successful and have every right to be incredibly pissed off about this season, it's natural. Abusing players is something totally different but let's not pretend that that's any more than a small minority. We criticise the club because it hasn't been good enough for a team of our size and stature, simple enough.

I think it's this sort of post that some of us struggle to comprehend.

We have 'a right to be pissed off'? Really? Sure nobody is happy but why is it a right to be pissed off?

And what is a 'team of our size and stature'?

I've been following the Rams for just over 30 years and we've been in the top flight for maybe 10 of them years, are we not at what would appear to be our natural level?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not so many there in Clough days.

Not towards the end, no. But that was because we had had 5 years of dross, and a lot of people spoke with their feet to try and get rid of him. If we were still getting 25k a week, he would have kept his job IMO.

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think it's this sort of post that some of us struggle to comprehend.

We have 'a right to be pissed off'? Really? Sure nobody is happy but why is it a right to be pissed off?

And what is a 'team of our size and stature'?

I've been following the Rams for just over 30 years and we've been in the top flight for maybe 10 of them years, are we not at what would appear to be our natural level?

It's a right to be pissed off because we hope for better, not because we're entitled to it no, but if you ain't annoyed right now I'm not sure why you're a football fan, because you clearly don't care whether we win or lose. It's just human nature is what I'm saying, if we're doing poorly we're gonna moan about it, but I'm sure most fans will continue to go and continue to hope for change.

A club with 30000 plus fans, excellent facilities and years in the top flight. It's the amount of time we've been outside the top flight that's the problem, it's not even like we're yo-yoing, this is the longest time we've ever been outside the top flight, hell we even came back quicker when we went down to the third tier I believe!

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not true. Not at all. 

Elaborate. As I said want to see truly poisonous fans go see the Arsenal fans who chanted outside the emirates that they will be happy when Arsene Wenger dies in May. Again we are normal fans, no better and no worse than any other English fans. I appreciate you want to criticise someone or something but the fans are the least of the issues.

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It's a right to be pissed off because we hope for better, not because we're entitled to it no, but if you ain't annoyed right now I'm not sure why you're a football fan, because you clearly don't care whether we win or lose. It's just human nature is what I'm saying, if we're doing poorly we're gonna moan about it, but I'm sure most fans will continue to go and continue to hope for change.

A club with 30000 plus fans, excellent facilities and years in the top flight. It's the amount of time we've been outside the top flight that's the problem, it's not even like we're yo-yoing, this is the longest time we've ever been outside the top flight, hell we even came back quicker when we went down to the third tier I believe!

Win or lose is not most important thing to me.

Playing decent football is what I go to see.

Give me the 13/14 play off season over the 06/07 play off season any day of the week.

20 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Elaborate. As I said want to see truly poisonous fans go see the Arsenal fans who chanted outside the emirates that they will be happy when Arsene Wenger dies in May. Again we are normal fans, no better and no worse than any other English fans. I appreciate you want to criticise someone or something but the fans are the least of the issues.

Do you think the demand and expectations of Derby and Newcastle are equal to those of Wigan and Fulham? 

Newcastle have a reputation for being very demanding. Impatient, frustrated and quick to judge. I've seen them slated on this forum. 

I don't see the same being said for Burnley or Watford fans? 

So those two aren't the same. They don't have the same screaming minority when facing relegation or hitting blips at the top of the 2nd tier.

How many grounds do you go to and hear the jeering and booing as quickly and easily as it comes at Pride Park. 

Leeds, another club with a reputation for being hard to please. 

All clubs have their moaners. But how many fans have booed their team off because it's 0-0 with Burton this season? 

You know there was jeering and a few boos 55 minutes into the opening game of the season? I swear I'm not making that up. 

Not many grounds have a few boos going on at HT when the game is level. 

Some do. And everyone has moaners. But Derby pack quite a few entitled fans.

They think that somehow having 30,000 people gives them a right to something. It doesn't. 

What power does having 30,000 people get you? 

All it should be is a matter of pride for us that at this level we have so many people still willing to back the club.

But then there's so many of this 30,000 that are going along, jeering, booing and calling for heads. 

Newcastle are always called out for it. What's the difference? 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Win or lose is not most important thing to me.

Playing decent football is what I go to see.

Give me the 13/14 play off season over the 06/07 play off season any day of the week.

Clearly we go to football for different reasons, I want to see success above all else. Wins leads to promotions which leads to better players playing at the ipro. Obviously I want to see good football go alongside that, but I'd rather win 2-1 than draw 4-4. 

Thats not to say I don't appreciate the other way up of course, In an ideal world we play like Barcelona every week and smash our way up. That ain't gonna happen though sadly, so sometimes I feel that we must sacrifice some style for effeciency

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Clearly we go to football for different reasons, I want to see success above all else. Wins leads to promotions which leads to better players playing at the ipro. Obviously I want to see good football go alongside that, but I'd rather win 2-1 than draw 4-4. 

Thats not to say I don't appreciate the other way up of course, In an ideal world we play like Barcelona every week and smash our way up. That ain't gonna happen though sadly, so sometimes I feel that we must sacrifice some style for effeciency

See to me that's exactly why Mel hired Pearson. Look where that got us. We've gotta go The Derby Way, it's in our DNA! :D

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Interesting viewpoint. You'd rather see us scraping 1-0 wins at the bottom of the prem just to survive every year rather than smash teams 4/5-0 in the Championship for example? I'm in the better football camp personally, better football brings better results.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

See to me that's exactly why Mel hired Pearson. Look where that got us. We've gotta go The Derby Way, it's in our DNA! :D

Oh god yeah we don't want that don't get me wrong, that's the other extreme! We've gotta stay true to a philosophy, mels definately got that right, just sometimes we have to stop faffing about possession wise and be more efficient with the ball. Certainly not switch to bloody 442 haha

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

if you're disappointed cos you expected us to beat Brighton away last night, then you should be angry with yourself for being unrealistic and a bit of a muppet for expecting that, not be angry with the manager or players.

Well stated Mostyn

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Interesting viewpoint. You'd rather see us scraping 1-0 wins at the bottom of the prem just to survive every year rather than smash teams 4/5-0 in the Championship for example? I'm in the better football camp personally, better football brings better results.

I would for a time because I'd know that theoretically we should get to the point where we're established and we can start to slowly work our way up, bringing in better footballers as we go and becoming more "stylish" so to speak. Football is about success imo, and getting as far up the leagues as possible. That being said, I would be incredibly annoyed if we ended up like Sunderland, to be stuck down there for that long means bad decisions have been made in my view, and that too would certainly annoy me.

Can understand your view however, I love ' the beautiful game' and ideally I'd want to see perfect football, but I think a middle ground needs to be found if we're going to have good results.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

if you're disappointed cos you expected us to beat Brighton away last night, then you should be angry with yourself for being unrealistic and a bit of a muppet for expecting that, not be angry with the manager or players.

But what if you expected us to play good football,  with just a few less material errors in central defence?

Is any criticism,  given what transpired,  then reasonable /defensible? 

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

But what if you expected us to play good football,  with just a few less material errors in central defence?

Yeah why not. It's the self-flagellating whipped up hysteria that's too much!

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I would for a time because I'd know that theoretically we should get to the point where we're established and we can start to slowly work our way up, bringing in better footballers as we go and becoming more "stylish" so to speak. Football is about success imo, and getting as far up the leagues as possible. That being said, I would be incredibly annoyed if we ended up like Sunderland, to be stuck down there for that long means bad decisions have been made in my view, and that too would certainly annoy me.

Can understand your view however, I love ' the beautiful game' and ideally I'd want to see perfect football, but I think a middle ground needs to be found if we're going to have good results.

Well made point, theoretically we would be able to climb but then in practice teams end up in a football purgatory so to speak of getting nowhere further upwards, and nothing going on below them, so what is there to play for? Overall, you make a valid point of striking a balance, though I wouldn't want to lose the football for the results, for me.

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Yeah I'd say that's fair. I didn't expect to beat Brighton. I believed it possible. 

But to go there and play like that. To go an hour without troubling them... wow.

It was impressive just how creative we were in fooking every passage of play up

Archived