Progressing Players

sage

Two questions

Who have we signed post NC who is worth more now than we signed them for?

and...

Who at Derby has gone on to play at the same or higher level after leaving us in the last 10 years?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We seemed to do OK with the Albentosa deal. Also, there appeared to be a reasonable amount of interest over Camara from French teams in January. Perhaps the moral is to buy relatively inexpensively oversea?

Carson would command a decent profit and could play Premier League no problem. Pearce we got on a free and could be sold for profit. Ince would likely sell for a profit too.

Bent is too old to sell. We would probably lose money on Johnson, Butterfield, Vydra, Blackman, Shackell, Anya, Nugent.

I've probably missed lots. That's a 5:7 split so not as bad as you might expect.

27 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

all the pre Post-Clough signings are perhaps only worth more since Clough left.

Albentosa was a profit. Christie would sell for more than we paid. Ince too. 

Very much doubt it.

Ince is the only one i can think of.

What I would also add is this is at a time off massively inflated fees.

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We seemed to do OK with the Albentosa deal. Also, there appeared to be a reasonable amount of interest over Camara from French teams in January. Perhaps the moral is to buy relatively inexpensively oversea?

Carson would command a decent profit and could play Premier League no problem. Pearce we got on a free and could be sold for profit. Ince would likely sell for a profit too.

Bent is too old to sell. We would probably lose money on Johnson, Butterfield, Vydra, Blackman, Shackell, Anya, Nugent.

I've probably missed lots. That's a 5:7 split so not as bad as you might expect.

Obviously you would make a profit on free transfers mid contract.

Christie is out of contract in the summer so is worth £0. 

A player is worth what someone will pay for them so it's impossible to answer the OP.

For instance would anyone have said Vydra was worth £8m? I doubt it but that is what we were willing to pay for him.

In an inflated market we could feasibly recoup our money on most players with probably the exception of Blackman (due to not playing) and Shackell (due to age).

If the question is more aimed towards which players have improved as footballers with us then the answer is probably nobody.

Players that have played at the same level, well there's quite a few, at a higher level only Hendrick comes to mind.

55 minutes ago, sage said:

he isn't worth £0, he will just cost zero. You cannot have it both ways. If we cannot have incoming freebies as a progression, then you cannot say that someone leaving for free is worthless.

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

he isn't worth £0, he will just cost zero. You cannot have it both ways. If we cannot have incoming freebies as a progression, then you cannot say that someone leaving for free is worthless.

Which way do you want it? Ooer

4 hours ago, sage said:

Christie is only a free if dcfc do not take up the option of a year..... therefore there is a sum....

Archived