Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Benik Afobe - possible loan? IF we were to cash in on Martin AND Bournemouth sign Defoe as expected

Even a double loan swoop for Ibe and Afobe????

But Rowett likes Martin? 

2 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Benik Afobe - possible loan? IF we were to cash in on Martin AND Bournemouth sign Defoe as expected

Even a double loan swoop for Ibe and Afobe????

Possibly too many strikers on squad at minute, but if 1 or 2 move on I think Afobe is very good at this level. Fits the Rowett persona for a CF (as he stated) someone strong and fast who can push back lines 

3 minutes ago, islandram said:

dont post very often  but i assume that quite a few of the posters are fifa fanatics. and some are away with the faries  or need a shot of reality.and a good few are still at primary school .?

Judging by this post, there's a good chance you are at least 3 or 4 of these! ;) 

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Don't know if he's already been mentioned but West Ham are offloading Snodgrass, would be a good signing.

Ah yes, because a valuable premier league player would drop down a division for no reason.

I think a few of the signings mentioned by other posters are just a tad unrealistic...

I'd like us to get:

Glenn Whelan (Stoke) - Eustace part 2. We badly require a holding midfielder and who better than one who played regular Premier League football last year?!

Adam Webster (Ipswich) - Young centre back who can play the ball. Will be playing Premier League football soon. Only reason he's not attracted much interest this summer is because he was injured in February.

Tom Lawrence (Leicester) - This lad is apparently going at £1.5 million. Crazy cheap for his talent. Still young and can play in a variety of attacking positions.

Jonny Howson (Norwich) - Think we have enough centre mids already but £5 million for him is great value because he's one of the best players in the league.

Seeing as some of you lot are in dream world, let me introduce you to Tom Ince's replacement. Just need to setup a diversion from Manchester to Glasgow that sees him stop off at Derby. Willing to sell apparently, I would offer a loan though, cheeky and pointless but you don't ask you don't get.

8 minutes ago, RamBamFan said:

I think a few of the signings mentioned by other posters are just a tad unrealistic...

I'd like us to get:

Glenn Whelan (Stoke) - Eustace part 2. We badly require a holding midfielder and who better than one who played regular Premier League football last year?!

Adam Webster (Ipswich) - Young centre back who can play the ball. Will be playing Premier League football soon. Only reason he's not attracted much interest this summer is because he was injured in February.

Tom Lawrence (Leicester) - This lad is apparently going at £1.5 million. Crazy cheap for his talent. Still young and can play in a variety of attacking positions.

Jonny Howson (Norwich) - Think we have enough centre mids already but £5 million for him is great value because he's one of the best players in the league.

Dude - All of those are perfectly reasonable, well thought out and good suggestions

You obviously don't understand how it works around here :D

19 minutes ago, Srg said:

Ah yes, because a valuable premier league player would drop down a division for no reason.

Because the move to westham worked out for him didn't it? Game time and money talk as shown by Matt Ritchie dropping back down.

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Because the move to westham worked out for him didn't it? Game time and money talk as shown by Matt Ritchie dropping back down.

Snodgrass has been way more successful in the Premier League than Matt Ritchie, he's even in front of him internationally.

11 minutes ago, YouRams said:

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Snodgrass has been way more successful in the Premier League than Matt Ritchie, he's even in front of him internationally.

Well this is an odd argument

IF he's available because West Ham no longer want him then it would be a fairly natural assumption that he'd consider the 'top end' championship teams as well as a few of the bottom end Premier league teams

However he has had a fairly good season in the Premier League and it would be difficult to see a Premier League team not wanting to keep him or another not wanting to sign him

Archived