Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

3 hours ago, Rample said:

Rumour is Harrison Reed from Southampton is wanted as replacement for Hughes. 22 year old centre mid with a bit of bite. Played a few times for them last year, don't know if loan or permanent but expect he'd cost a couple of million if the latter.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4491850/amp/Harrison-Reed-interested-loan-Southampton.html

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ravel Morrison - would be a bit of a wildcard but if Rowett could get him under control he can be quality at this level, would certainly offer us something different

Eurgh...no thank you. Despise the guy, absolutely tosser of a human being. Whatever talent he has is wasted, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

4 hours ago, Rample said:

Rumour is Harrison Reed from Southampton is wanted as replacement for Hughes. 22 year old centre mid with a bit of bite. Played a few times for them last year, don't know if loan or permanent but expect he'd cost a couple of million if the latter.

Wouldn't mind this one so much. Worth saying no one can replace Will, but then I don't think Rowett is trying to. Reed could play as 1 of the 2 in front of back 4 and has some pedigree coming through Saints academy

5 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I suspect Jon Toral will be brought in to play a role in midfield. Either on a season long loan or a perm deal. 

Toral is having a talk with Arsenal this summer about his future. His contract runs out at end of next season so could be getting new contract and loan out again. 

8 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Toral is having a talk with Arsenal this summer about his future. His contract runs out at end of next season so could be getting new contract and loan out again. 

They've got a long list of players with 1 year left. Toral hasn't done a lot to suggest he is an Arsenal player, could be allowed to go for cheap. Good pickup?

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

They've got a long list of players with 1 year left. Toral hasn't done a lot to suggest he is an Arsenal player, could be allowed to go for cheap. Good pickup?

Hope so. Quality player at Championship level. 

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

I'd say yes. 

Wasnt sure where to put it but on Rowetts interview with RamsTV about Wisdom near the end he says something along the lines of 'along with Curtis and the other ones we know we will do at some point' - sounds like we have a few players already to sign when a few have gone

Hopefully we use the loan market more this season. We used it very well under McClaren with players like Ibe, Ince, Thorne, Wisdom & Bamford all coming here and doing well. We neglected the transfer window under Clement and Pearson and I'm not really sure why.

I'm sure we could have at least got the same level of quality in our squad through loans, and we'd have saved a hell of a lot of money and have a much more reasonably sized squad. If loans work out then you can look to buy, if not then they go back easily with no cost or burden to your club.

Clubs this season have done very well with loans. Some of the standout players of the season were loaned from PL teams such as Abraham and Mooy. There's some risk, but scout well and you can find some very good players for nothing, or very little cost at least.

Huddersfield played the loan market really well this season with some key players like Mooy, Ward and Brown coming on loan from City, Liverpool and Chelsea respectively. We could look to trim our squad right down then fill the gaps with some quality young players with a desire to prove themselves to top up the squad at minimal cost and risk. GR seems like the sort of manager who would like to use the loan market to our advantage, and I hope he does.

1 hour ago, Kyle guest said:

Seems to be a lot of talk about players going out, Ince, shackell, olsson, Christie, bent, Blackman being named as ones leaving  

Remove Ince from the list and I'm completely fine with that.

Archived