What are you eating tonight

froggg

1 hour ago, David said:

What's the difference between say a Cornish spud and a Lincolnshire spud?

344 miles,actually David Cornwall is known for early Potatoes and Linconlshire for maincrop,and not being connected to Agriculture for 35 years,but I would think that different varieties of potatoes will be grown in each county

18 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

344 miles,actually David Cornwall is known for early Potatoes and Linconlshire for maincrop,and not being connected to Agriculture for 35 years,but I would think that different varieties of potatoes will be grown in each county

Bet if I put 2 spuds on a plate you wouldn’t be able to say which came from where, spuds a spud

19 minutes ago, David said:

Bet if I put 2 spuds on a plate you wouldn’t be able to say which came from where, spuds a spud

While I agree that you wouldn’t know if a wilja was grown in Price Charles’s garden or the village idiots field in Lincoln. You can taste difference in varieties.

Just now, Boycie said:

While I agree that you wouldn’t know if a wilja was grown in Price Charles’s garden or the village idiots field in Lincoln. You can taste difference in varieties.

Of course, I just don’t get the location thing. Bit like Aberdeen cows, not a chance you could tell the cow lived off Aberdeen land before landing on the supermarket shelves.

44 minutes ago, David said:

Of course, I just don’t get the location thing. Bit like Aberdeen cows, not a chance you could tell the cow lived off Aberdeen land before landing on the supermarket shelves.

You know Aberdeen Angus is a breed of cattle, not a location?