What are you eating tonight

froggg

• 3 weeks later...

GFs away this weekend and feeling lazy AF so just made a load of cheese sauce and slathered it over some spaghetti. Had a whole packet of minty Clubs for puds. Doubtless be snacking again before midnight. Mental note made to hide all the evidence in the morning.

Need help... I've put on a few pounds and recently had some health problems which mean I have to change the old lifestyle on the nosebag front.

Apparently I am border line diabetic, so the sugar has to go. To be honest, I can cut out sugar on cereal, tea and coffee, no problem but now I am looking at the food packaging, everything has ducking sugar in it.... Anyway, I should be able to manage the sugar intake with the ball and chain now taking control.

What I do need help with is carbs. How the hell do you replace carbs with anything remotely nice? I eat and lot of fish and chicken anyway but what the hell do you put with it to replace potatoes, pasta and rice etc? Has anyone manages to replace carbs successfully?

14 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

What I do need help with is carbs. How the hell do you replace carbs with anything remotely nice? I eat and lot of fish and chicken anyway but what the hell do you put with it to replace potatoes, pasta and rice etc? Has anyone manages to replace carbs successfully?

I've just started my post Christmas diet... The potato diet - nothing but potatoes for 2 weeks ?

Anyway, check out this link, if you cook potatoes then allow them to cool down a lot of the sugar turns to resistant starch.  You can then reheat them and eat them like normal;

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/cooling-resistant-starch

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Need help... I've put on a few pounds and recently had some health problems which mean I have to change the old lifestyle on the nosebag front.

Apparently I am border line diabetic, so the sugar has to go. To be honest, I can cut out sugar on cereal, tea and coffee, no problem but now I am looking at the food packaging, everything has ducking sugar in it.... Anyway, I should be able to manage the sugar intake with the ball and chain now taking control.

honestly mate, I'm just about to shake off the type 2. My vice was Coke. Now I drink the zero or max stuff. Don't bin off all sugars and carbs, just most. Stir Frys are superb. I used to eat a lot of baby potatoes with either chicken or fish and veg (brocolli, cauli, carrot), just don't have the baby potatoes now. Portion control happens by accident.

Bacon and poached eggs and beans became a good snack.

On 06/01/2020 at 13:09, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Missus is out so I am going to get two king size curry pot noodles, cook 'em up, stick them in a big bowl and put grated cheese on top.

sounded so promising until you mentioned cheese....

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 13:09, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Missus is out so I am going to get two king size curry pot noodles, cook 'em up, stick them in a big bowl and put grated cheese on top.

You must be an ex soldier …. ?

Why don't you dig a hole in the back garden and stand in it to eat your PN?

If it rains and fills with water even better.

5 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

You must be an ex soldier …. ?

Why don't you dig a hole in the back garden and stand in it to eat your PN?

If it rains and fills with water even better.

I actually am an ex-soldier, the pot noodle/cheese concoction was considered a delicacy on base! Civvy street simply doesn't appreciate my culinary genius.

I might release a cook book that also includes things that can be done with Super Noodles and how to get the best from a Ginsters pasty.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I actually am an ex-soldier, the pot noodle/cheese concoction was considered a delicacy on base! Civvy street simply doesn't appreciate my culinary genius.

I might release a cook book that also includes things that can be done with Super Noodles and how to get the best from a Ginsters pasty.

Ah Super noodles …. Pot Noodles' dirty sister.

I used to have a job that involved a lot of hours' driving, tried to eat the motorway Ginsters in the dark so as not to see the filling.

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 09:31, Angry Ram said:

roast vegetables - carrots. parsnips …. better still cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, peppers, mushrooms

Edited by WhiteHorseRam
Diet advice typos

7 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I took a bottle of tobasco on every Op and exercise we did ???

On 06/01/2020 at 13:09, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Feck. I wanted a picture. That’s the first menu suggestion that got me really interested!

On 06/01/2020 at 09:31, Angry Ram said:

Hi mate, I'm on a low carb diet so might be able to help you a little.

Zucchini Noodles are a good choice of low carb food, quite nice too!

Can make wraps but use a lettuce leaf instead of an actual wrap.

Butternut squash is awesome, can have it with various different meals.

Have steak, chicken or whatever, but instead of your potatoes have Broccoli

my favorite meal right now is Steak, Broccoli and carrots, just them 3, no chips, potatoes or anything. 

Can even have eggs with everything ?

With regards to snacks, have a look at Grenade's Carb Killa bars, they're awesome, low carb, low sugar, and fill you for a little while.

I've not touched potatoes in a week, nor pasta!

Its difficult at first as potatoes, pasta etc is very common within meals!

But with the correct willpower and the correct meal plan etc, you will be fine ?

All the best with it, mate!

22 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Ah Super noodles …. Pot Noodles' dirty sister.

I used to have a job that involved a lot of hours' driving, tried to eat the motorway Ginsters in the dark so as not to see the filling.

Many moons ago i used to be on the road a lot and Ginsters wernt too bad in those days .

Had a pastie this year and it was disgusting, they have really gone down in quality in the last 20 years.

2 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Many moons ago i used to be on the road a lot and Ginsters wernt too bad in those days .

Had a pastie this year and it was disgusting, they have really gone down in quality in the last 20 years.

Some of them taste like they've been around for 20 years.

You can't quite get past that moment of biting into cold damp pastry and meeting unknown grey 'meat.'