Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

No it's now or never for me. 

I can't believe what has happened since Derby announced the new contract yesterday.

Maybe Fulham told Chrissy to go out and play his last game for the club in good faith instead of refusing to play and then pop off home after match for good, no-one knows what's happening in the background, it'll all come out in the wash, Tuesday night hopefully.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty entertaining this black and white grey saga.

We keep trying to undermine Fulham with shady moves to get him back and Fulham keep being classy and countering with their own sensible tactics: he keeps playing and doing well and neither set of fans know whether they hate him or love him. Top drawer stuff!

So for the time being : he will stay at Fulham knowing he's got a bloated contract at derby waiting if he struggles.

if he does well then both teams will want him and Fulham will just have to match the previous asking price and beat Derby's contract offer by a penny. He could also choose the team that goes up. If none do, he will take the one contract that gives him more money regardless of team. Great situation for CM! He must be laughing his socks off.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What are you on about!? Nothing has happened other than Martin has stated his desire to return and play for us, signing a new contract to back that up.

That means nothing as Fulham have an option to sign him for 9 Million and with a better contract.

Thats what I'm on about. 

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/martin-play-derby-county-play-offs-boss

52 minutes ago, Fulhamfaninpeace said:

"

The Fulham Head Coach was also asked about Martin’s current situation, after Derby County announced on the eve of the game that he had signed a new contract with them.

“His situation is fantastic,” Jokanović explained. “He signed a new contract which is great news for himself and his family.

“It’s probably his highest contract, but in our situation there is no change; he is going to stay with us. He showed commitment today for working with the club.

“I understand why Derby like this player, they believe the best Derby striker is in my dressing room. I believe the same.

“But what are we going to do? If they want to use him, I have to send him back at the end of the season. We have an option for him to stay for next season and in this business you never know.” "

To me it looks like Martin will see if he can get a better contract out of Fulham...

Nah, a bad back will develop on Wednesday 3 month injury

The fee agreed with Fulham would have included an amount to pay up Martin's contract, which at the end of this season had a year to run, seeing as he didn't request the move.

Now his contract has a further 2 years to run at a possible higher wage, I'd be amazed if it wasn't classed as a material difference, nulling the original agreement with Fulham.

31 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Derby/Martin have handled this whole situation dreadfully. First he tries to go on strike, quite probably with the knowledge/encouragement of the club, then when that doesn't work the club gives him a new contract and with a massive fanfare puts out quotes from him saying how much he loves us, his family loves it here etc etc.

Then Fulham just laugh in our faces, and do so in the smug knowledge that they hold all the aces.

If Martin doesn't come back on Tuesday, Derby are going to look even more incredibly stupid than they already do.

If we're the stupid ones then why are they the ones (reportedly) having to pay Martin's new wages and will find themselves an additional £300,000 out of pocket? 

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

You are losing it fella.. Don't go near anything sharp.

This thread is now moving into 'classic' territory.

Im not losing it but DCFC and Chris Martin are for sure. 

Fulham have played DCFC and me for sure  

This is the most bizarre situation ever in Football transfer history. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Fulham have played DCFC and me for sure  

FFS get over yourself! How the hell have Fulham played you and when did you get involved in anything to do with the deal?

41 minutes ago, curtains said:

Not try very hard. 

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/martin-play-derby-county-play-offs-boss

This is so bad a situation .

Nothing you have said curtains but that article goes against some of the out spoken on the forum who keep saying that Fulham have to pay Martin wages until the end of June which I disagreed with, my view was that he gets paid until the end of the loan which is the 46 game season unless we give permission for him to play in any extra games.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

It really is not.. DCFC played a card and Fulham called our bluff. Probably happens all the time but not so publicly.

I have no affiliation to Fulham, nothing team not far from where I live. However I have to say, I think they have played this well. They have not allowed themselves to be bullied by us. Martin it seems will do his best for whatever shirt he is wearing, I have no problem with that.. He might even score some goals for Fulham that help us.

He really is not worth all the excitement imo.

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

FFS get over yourself! How the hell have Fulham played you and when did you get involved in anything to do with the deal?

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/fulham-boss-slavisa-jokanovic-addresses-latest-chris-martin-development/story-30095256-detail/story.html

Read last sentence of this .

Fulham still have the option to buy Martin. 

Just now, curtains said:

But Martin still has to agree, They can't force him to sign because slavery was abolished many moons ago. And I still can't see how you personally have been played by Fulham.

3 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

For Christ's sake they can't buy the bloke if he refuses to sign for them, all three parties must agree to any transfer. Calm the **** down man.

They can buy him for a penny more than we offered. 

They have the option as it's in the loan deal alegedly to sign permanently at the end of the season  if Fulham get promoted and wants to stay or if he just decides he wants to stay. 

Archived