Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, toddy said:

So god knows what is going on, he has had pay rise and + contract extension, says he want to come back, but then turns out for Fulham?

What you highlighted above was in deed fact. :lol:

Maybe you are unaware that Martin had a payrise and contract extension, said he wanted to come back and played and scored against Hull today -that  is FACT!

Why is it fact that he defo got a pay rise? Contract extension yes, but I've seen nothing concrete about a pay rise?

He never said he wanted to come back asap? He said he was looking forward to coming back...and that can be now or in the summer. Show me where he said he wouldn't play/score for Fulham again? You are seeing what you want to see, rather than what is actually there.

So I'll stick by what I said, thankyou.

Just now, curtains said:

It is but it's ridiculous he scored and played well for them today don't you think. 

Not really. He was picked to play what do you expect him to do?

Derby/Martin have handled this whole situation dreadfully. First he tries to go on strike, quite probably with the knowledge/encouragement of the club, then when that doesn't work the club gives him a new contract and with a massive fanfare puts out quotes from him saying how much he loves us, his family loves it here etc etc.

Then Fulham just laugh in our faces, and do so in the smug knowledge that they hold all the aces.

If Martin doesn't come back on Tuesday, Derby are going to look even more incredibly stupid than they already do.

Does this mean we could effectively have Martin back for the play offs should we make them? I'm resigned to Chris not returning this window, that's why we've given him the contract, we can't get out of the loan agreement so we're making sure he's here next season. 

How interesting it could be if we ended up playing Fulham in the play offs with martin playing for us! 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Not try very hard. 

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/martin-play-derby-county-play-offs-boss

This is so bad a situation 

It's best to ignore SJ I think, once again i think it's all mind games from him. Which is fine, but I'm more interested in what we say. He's not the be all and end all in this like what he would have you believe.

I'd be surprised if he comes back before the window closed, we don't know all the ins and outs of the loan agreement, despite what some on here claim. 

I've no problem with Martin still being at Fulham, ideally he'd be here for the rest of the season, but it seems to be that the season long loan will be just that. Martin's signing of a new contract doesn't stop Fulham using an asset they've got, or attempting to sign him when the loan agreement is over. If they try to sign him, Martin will either turn them down and come back to us, or accept and move permanently. That's out of our control, at this point I think he's doing his job, he is currently contracted to play for Fulham, he is honoring that and I would expect him to. 

I can understand not wanting to send him back, if he's scoring and creating why would you want to send an asset like that away willingly? 

What if SMC is sacked before the end of the season? Would he still want to come back? It's a bizarre situation that seemingly only Derby County could find themselves in! :lol:

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Not try very hard. 

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/martin-play-derby-county-play-offs-boss

This is so bad a situation .

So what you are saying is he should go out and put in a proper pants performance, perhaps knock in an own goal or two maybe to try and force a move back??

We arent really in any worse position today as we were last week, if anything its better as we have played our cards so that Chris Martin knows he is wanted back here next season if it doesnt happen before.

5 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Does this mean we could effectively have Martin back for the play offs should we make them? I'm resigned to Chris not returning this window, that's why we've given him the contract, we can't get out of the loan agreement so we're making sure he's here next season. 

How interesting it could be if we ended up playing Fulham in the play offs with martin playing for us! 

It reads that way doesnt it.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

So what you are saying is he should go out and put in a proper pants performance, perhaps knock in an own goal or two maybe to try and force a move back??

We arent really in any worse position today as we were last week, if anything its better as we have played our cards so that Chris Martin knows he is wanted back here next season if it doesnt happen before.

This situation gets worse by the day. 

We are in a much worse position after he scored today. 

The Fulham fans are back onside and will want Fulham to sign him now  .

If he breaks his leg or does his knee at Fulham they won't sign him and we will have him back injured  

If Martin does great for Fulham he will sign for them as they have the option to take him .

I have  gone from ecstatic to miserable again. 

Just now, curtains said:

This situation gets worse by the day. 

We are in a much worse position after he scored today. 

The Fulham fans are back onside and will want Fulham to sign him now  .

If he breaks his leg at Fulham they won't sign him and we will have him back  .

If Martin does great for Fulham he will sign for them as they have the option to take him .

Martin signing a new contract with us has never changed the possibility of him being signed.

It all depends on the deal they may/may not offer and if Martin will/will not sign it. There's too many unknowns. 

4 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I wouldn't want him back for the play-off's, if we make the play-off's then the players who got us there get to play, whether that's Bent, Nugent, Vydra or even Blackman.

No it's now or never for me. 

I can't believe what has happened since Derby announced the new contract yesterday.

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

No it's now or never for me. 

I can't believe what has happened since Derby announced the new contract yesterday.

What are you on about!? Nothing has happened other than Martin has stated his desire to return and play for us, signing a new contract to back that up.

Archived