Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

6 minutes ago, cannable said:

Because he's slow, doesn't run about like a headless chicken and has body language that that some take exception too. 

This clouds people's views, they ignore what he CAN do and thus produce made up statistics to try and 'prove' that he's crap. 

Your point you could used for both sides of the argument. I am interested in these so called stats you mention, I may have missed something so stand to be corrected. Or are you using these to prove a point?

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So once again, the utter bullshit posted by the resident knowalls. imbeciles and nay-sayers about Martin going on strike again proved to be precisely that.

Martin, the consummate professional, goes up in my estimation yet again.

26 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Your point you could used for both sides of the argument. I am interested in these so called stats you mention, I may have missed something so stand to be corrected. Or are you using these to prove a point?

First there was the 'fact' that Martin can't do it against good teams. Against each season's top six since 13/14 he's scored eighteen goals and created another six in forty appearences. In two of these games he played 20 minutes or under. 

Just as a comparison; the much lauded Andre Gray has six goals and three assists in twenty games against The Championship top six. Sam Vokes has five goals and two assists in eighteen top six clashes. 

Then it was claimed he doesn't do it against teams that are exceptional defensively. For us he has eight goals, four assists and one shot bouncing off the crossbar and bouncing in off the 'keepers back in eighteen appearences against the three teams from each season with the best defensive records. In one game he lasted just 14 minutes as well. 

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

When I see that I realise its worse than i actually remember. I do recall some idiot of a fan trying to kick one of their players. If that was today it would get replayed i am sure.

It really was disgraceful. The ref should really have stopped the game.

Game should have been abandoned and they should have had a replay.

its not just the 1 minute 18 seconds they didn't get, there is the extra time too.

not our finest hour.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

So once again, the utter bullshit posted by the resident knowalls. imbeciles and nay-sayers about Martin going on strike again proved to be precisely that.

Martin, the consummate professional, goes up in my estimation yet again.

Whoa there Eddie, who you calling an imbeciles? Resident knowalls, just about everyone on here, yourself included.

Wind yer neck in.

Agree he went up in my estimation today but still does not change my opinion of him coming back.

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

First there was the 'fact' that Martin can't do it against good teams. Against each season's top six since 13/14 he's scored eighteen goals and created another six in forty appearences. In two of these games he played 20 minutes or under. 

Just as a comparison; to much lauded Andre Gray has six goals and three assists in twenty games against The Championship top six. Sam Vokes has five goals and two assists in eighteen top six clashes. 

Then it was claimed he doesn't do it against teams that are exceptional defensively. For us he has eight goals, four assists and one shot bouncing off the crossbar and bouncing in off the 'keepers back in eighteen appearences against the three teams from each season with the best defensive records. In one game he lasted just 14 minutes as well. 

But you said people were quoting stats, not opinions?..

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

When I see that I realise its worse than i actually remember. I do recall some idiot of a fan trying to kick one of their players. If that was today it would get replayed i am sure.

It really was disgraceful. The ref should really have stopped the game.

If that was today, most of us that got over the barriers would be either out the ground and possibly banned or the game stopped until the crowd retreated.

All I remember is being delirious with staying up and beating them, because in all honesty we were a gash team at the time.

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Highlighs. Aluko seemingly ignores Martin whilst celebrating the first. But excellent play from Martin later on in the highlights... 

Seemed like it. But isn't that Aluko congratulating Martin on his goal?

Archived