Do you remember when...?

Stive Pesley

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Do you remember when the toilet paper at school was made of some kind of weird shiny non-absorbent material?

I can only imagine it was to discourage us from dropping our guts at school so the cleaners had an easier time of it

When did that stop happening?

used to be tracing paper when I worra lad.

It never removed anything, just moved it along your arsecrack. No wonder kids had skids

41 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Do you remember when the toilet paper at school was made of some kind of weird shiny non-absorbent material?

I can only imagine it was to discourage us from dropping our guts at school so the cleaners had an easier time of it

When did that stop happening?

This stuff?

izal1.jpg

48 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

izal.jpg

I'm sure if parents forced their kids to wipe their arses with this stuff nowadays they'd soon be on child cruelty charges.

I'm sure I could do them under trading standards for referring to that ***** as "tissue". The first time I ever encountered this I honestly thought it was some kind of accident or possibly a sick joke. It's like trying to dry the dishes with a sheet of kitchen foil.

12 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm sure I could do them under trading standards for referring to that ***** as "tissue". The first time I ever encountered this I honestly thought it was some kind of accident or possibly a sick joke. It's like trying to dry the dishes with a sheet of kitchen foil.

They failed at advertising.

If they had used the tagline "See how much more I get off with Izal" we would still be using it today.

i remember most streets in town being gravel roads, i remember milk stores for dairy products and bread, i recall with horror school dentists, as i remember i was good with a sling shot, i remember school classes for the unruly and being in one, i remember sheep in people's back gardens, i remember oranges, bananas and apples being the only fruits available when they were available, i remember a caramel and strawberry milk shake being a religious experience

1480128.jpg

DO you remember saving up your pocket money/paper round money to be able to go to Boots and buy a tape cassette with a game on it, and then you'd get it home and play it constantly, even if it was in actual fact a bit rubbish and it fitted in 48k of memory?

My youngest just filled a 16gb SD card on his Kindle Fire in the space of a morning by downloading game after game instantly, playing them for about 10 seconds and realising they were all toss

On 27/01/2017 at 14:41, Anon said:

Kinell I remember that from Alvaston and Boulton school, wonder if we could sue?

Archived