That Ref

Millenniumram

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

So sad and predictable this thread be up......

Wasnt there today......

All I'm going to say..... refs make mistakes..... they are human, quite sad to see someone on here saying Steve should smashed him one.....

Maybe Steve and the majority have a bit of class..... 

Whatever you think of them, they are honest, and have failings like everyone else.....

Really would love to see some off here officiate a game of football.

Not going to deny officials have bad days..... but so do players, managers and chairman..... but the most honest person at the stadium is the much maligned.....

Easy target.....

I was there. He was awful. Not many refs get booed at the end when the team has won, but he deserved it, honest or not, he was truly cronic.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, philmycock said:

I was there. He was awful. Not many refs get booed at the end when the team has won, but he deserved it, honest or not, he was truly cronic.

Not denying anyone critiscise him. Also will say that refs do have poor games..... it was the Mac smashes him one quote which got me..... joke or not, imagine a young lad hearing or reading that thinking it's fair game to do that on A Sunday morning to a young ref? Struggle for them as there is..... 

We've not had a ref put in a poor performance for a while. He was dire. Let them get away with too much first half and lost control as it went on because of it. 

Inconsistent yes, game deciding decisions? No.

Foul count was 12-3 in our favour at half time, I think he tried to even this up in the second half hence our frustration.

I trust the poster on here who said 9 minutes of injury time but there was a substitution, a sending off and then the stupidity of our own fans messing around with the ball. If they had scored in the 6-9 minute mark in injury time, our fans should take criticism. Just give the ball back, not funny and not clever.

6 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Thought I heard someone say that he gave Reading only one more free kick than us.. Might be wrong.

Having said that he made some shockers today.

Wel the fact is that Reading fouled more than we did.. in fact they were fouling most of the time because they knew they could get away with it with this ref. 

That changed late on but it was far too late.

26 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Not denying anyone critiscise him. Also will say that refs do have poor games..... it was the Mac smashes him one quote which got me..... joke or not, imagine a young lad hearing or reading that thinking it's fair game to do that on A Sunday morning to a young ref? Struggle for them as there is..... 

Gordon bennett .....are you still going on 2 hours later?

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Gordon bennett .....are you still going on 2 hours later?

Had a lot of replies and have had the decency to reply to everyone. 

In my opinion the ref should have cut out Readings time wasting in the first half then it would have sent a message out not to time waste. Also in the first half I thought Reading were dirty. I may have meant physical rather than dirty. The ref should have booked at least one Reading player in first half. I felt he gave Reading some very soft fouls and not us. I also think it strange moaning about the ref when we won.

He made some bad decisions today for both teams but a lot was his failure to stamp his authority on the game.

30 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Foul count was 12-3 in our favour at half time, I think he tried to even this up in the second half hence our frustration.

I trust the poster on here who said 9 minutes of injury time but there was a substitution, a sending off and then the stupidity of our own fans messing around with the ball. If they had scored in the 6-9 minute mark in injury time, our fans should take criticism. Just give the ball back, not funny and not clever.

Oh come on! It was hilarious and very witty after what the Reading fans were droning on with..."we've got the ball..." :mellow: The ref was truly shocking and the Reading player got away with a karate chop to the throat that 28,500 people plainly saw. 

42 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Sorry, I'm ashamed on behalf of all the South Stand. Please forgive us.

3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

So sad and predictable this thread be up......

Wasnt there today......

All I'm going to say..... refs make mistakes..... they are human, quite sad to see someone on here saying Steve should smashed him one.....

Maybe Steve and the majority have a bit of class..... 

Whatever you think of them, they are honest, and have failings like everyone else.....

Really would love to see some off here officiate a game of football.

Not going to deny officials have bad days..... but so do players, managers and chairman..... but the most honest person at the stadium is the much maligned.....

Easy target.....

He was bloody awful, Royal Mail hand out less cards than him.

It was a shocking performance by the ref, he will rightly be very ashamed tonight when he watches it back. Fortunately it did not affect the final result, however considering the obvious time wasting they did the only player he booked for time wasting was Russell for kicking the ball away. He never once gestured to their keeper for time wasting yet was gesturing to carson ....all we ask us consistency.

Archived