That Ref

Millenniumram

Though the bloke deserved his own thread for beating Lansbury to the biggest cockwomble of 2017. Never seen such a weak and spineless referring performance in my life, totally lost control of the game. Should have been far more punishing toward some of readings fouls, and seemed hell bent on allowing them to get an equaliser towards the end- 6 minutes added time! With some of the dubious decisions today, I'd be annoyed if he's allowed to ref at this level in the near future. Don't think I've ever felt the need to run on the pitch and punch the ref in the face before, but if I didn't know better I'd have been bloody close today!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Though the bloke deserved his own thread for beating Lansbury to the biggest cockwomble of 2017. Never seen such a weak and spineless referring performance in my life, totally lost control of the game. Should have been far more punishing toward some of readings fouls, and seemed hell bent on allowing them to get an equaliser towards the end- 6 minutes added time! With some of the dubious decisions today, I'd be annoyed if he's allowed to ref at this level in the near future. Don't think I've ever felt the need to run on the pitch and punch the ref in the face before, but if I didn't know better I'd have been bloody close today!

I was annoyed that schteve gave him a nice handshake.

he should have blanked him at the very least. 

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You've never seen Atwell then. 

Not usually one to moan about refs.

I thought a lot of their free kicks were indeed the right calls. And I thought he gave them some soft ones. That's cool.

However we had claims to some soft ones that just weren't given. It just gave them more momentum. 

I just thought all the close calls went their way. 

He turned that game into an absolute shambles. He didn't stamp down on Reading shoving us about in the first 30 mins, meaning that when we started getting just as dirty he couldn't do anything about it and the entire game just became one big scrap.

Didnt do anything about time wasting early on, which set both teams up to basically spend the rest of the match seeing how much they could get away with. Lots in the end.

Useless, was more of an ordeal than a football match, I feel a couple years older just for watching it.

So sad and predictable this thread be up......

Wasnt there today......

All I'm going to say..... refs make mistakes..... they are human, quite sad to see someone on here saying Steve should smashed him one.....

Maybe Steve and the majority have a bit of class..... 

Whatever you think of them, they are honest, and have failings like everyone else.....

Really would love to see some off here officiate a game of football.

Not going to deny officials have bad days..... but so do players, managers and chairman..... but the most honest person at the stadium is the much maligned.....

Easy target.....

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Wasnt there today......

All I'm going to say..... refs make mistakes..... they are human, quite sad to see someone on here saying Steve should smashed him one.....

Whatever you think of them, they are honest, and have failings like everyone else.....

Not going to deny officials have bad days..... but so do players, managers and chairman..... but the most honest person at the stadium is the much maligned.....

Easy target.....

Says it all.

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Wasnt there today......

Easy target.....

It is a hard job, the last time I got sent off, I was running the line!

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Wasnt there today......

Easy target.....

If you wasn't there you shouldn't comment. We won and we are still moaning about his inability to control the match. 

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Wasnt there today......

Easy target.....

If you were there today you'd understand, the odd mistake is human, but the way he was going you'd think he was jaap Stam himself 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Wasnt there today......

Easy target.....

If players, managers and chairman make mistakes they're told about it. (If I'm not wrong you seem keen to prey on mistakes that Mel Morris has made at every opportunity). I don't imagine they want to make mistakes either but if they aren't good enough at what they're doing then they face flak, why should a ref be different? The one today simply wasn't good enough to be reffing, it's all well and good saying 'oh but they don't mean to make mistakes', not many people do. 

Archived