That Ref

Millenniumram

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

If you wasn't there you shouldn't comment. We won and we are still moaning about his inability to control the match. 

Why the fook cant I comment? Even if I were there I can guarantee I'd be here saying what I've just said.....

4 minutes ago, nottingram said:

If players, managers and chairman make mistakes they're told about it. (If I'm not wrong you seem keen to prey on mistakes that Mel Morris has made at every opportunity). I don't imagine they want to make mistakes either but if they aren't good enough at what they're doing then they face flak, why should a ref be different? The one today simply wasn't good enough to be reffing, it's all well and good saying 'oh but they don't mean to make mistakes', not many people do. 

Where have I said the ref should be any different...... what I object too is someone saying Mac should have smashed him one instead of shaking his hand..... 

Really wish people read what I've said...... 

8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It is a hard job, the last time I got sent off, I was running the line!

I had my Lino flags snapped in half before 

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

So sad and predictable this thread be up......

Wasnt there today......

All I'm going to say..... refs make mistakes..... they are human, quite sad to see someone on here saying Steve should smashed him one.....

Maybe Steve and the majority have a bit of class..... 

Whatever you think of them, they are honest, and have failings like everyone else.....

Really would love to see some off here officiate a game of football.

Not going to deny officials have bad days..... but so do players, managers and chairman..... but the most honest person at the stadium is the much maligned.....

Easy target.....

Mafia I always agree with you on refs. 

But today was one of those days for him. He probably didn't set out to be poor, I doubt he cares who won but he just kind of influenced the flow of the game.

The time wasting made the game agony. But that's the least of it.

Basically he set out what sort of contact he's willing to let go. If he's letting quite a lot go then fair enough. But then you have to do it for both teams.

It was like I could show you a tackle on Hughes and you'd say "nothing in it". You wouldn't be wrong. He wouldn't be wrong to wave play on. And he did wave play on when Keogh, Hughes, Russell, Ince Olsson and Pearce were nudged, pushed, clipped and barged. 

He wasn't letting us off with these things though. Every nudge and push was a free kick. 

It just constantly made it hard for us to discourage Reading. 

The more obvious fouls were getting a bad reception but they were fouls tbf. But it was frustration from the constant loss of 50/50 decisions. 

Making us throw the ball back. A minor thing. Time wasting. Minor thing. Soft free kicks dotted about. Minor things

Ironically their sending off was one he probably could have let go and it's the only one he didn't. 

He did cost us momentum though.

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Where have I said the ref should be any different...... what I object too is someone saying Mac should have smashed him one instead of shaking his hand..... 

Do you really think I was being serious with that comment, I'd be annoyed if mcclaren did anything else because he'd get in trouble, but believe me I'd be surprised if the thought did enter his head at points in the match. It wasn't just one call, he consistently was bias towards reading all game In ever decision, minor or major and totally lost control allowing them to do whatever they pleased

Just now, Alpha said:

Mafia I always agree with you on refs. 

But today was one of those days for him. He probably didn't set out to be poor, I doubt he cares who won but he just kind of influenced the flow of the game.

The time wasting made the game agony. But that's the least of it.

Basically he set out what sort of contact he's willing to let go. If he's letting quite a lot go then fair enough. But then you have to do it for both teams.

It was like I could show you a tackle on Hughes and you'd say "nothing in it". You wouldn't be wrong. He wouldn't be wrong to wave play on. And he did wave play on when Keogh, Hughes, Russell, Ince Olsson and Pearce were nudged, pushed, clipped and barged. 

He wasn't letting us off with these things though. Every nudge and push was a free kick. 

It just constantly made it hard for us to discourage Reading. 

The more obvious fouls were getting a bad reception but they were fouls tbf. But it was frustration from the constant loss of 50/50 decisions. 

Making us throw the ball back. A minor thing. Time wasting. Minor thing. Soft free kicks dotted about. Minor things

Ironically their sending off was one he probably could have let go and it's the only one he didn't. 

He did cost us momentum though.

Like I've said. Refs have s h I t t e r s. Currently reading Howard Webbs book and he admits it, I know I did. You just hold you're hands up and keep trying your best. 

I object to people who call them cheats, and threaten violence on them.... I'm like everyone I'm not going to agree on every decision, however I'm going to call out everyone who pulls out still photos to prove a point or a pundit who have 8 different angles and change their minds 4/5 times on a decision. 

Massive shortage of officials in this country..... but who'd want to be one nowadays even at kids level where coaches think they are fooking Mourinho and telling their team full of 8/9 year olds the other team are playing with 8 men (7 a side) also see kids that age shouting and giving refs rubbish.

Love to see some off here officiate a dozen or so games. 

21 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Wasnt there today......

All I'm going to say..... refs make mistakes..... they are human, quite sad to see someone on here saying Steve should smashed him one.....

Whatever you think of them, they are honest, and have failings like everyone else.....

Not going to deny officials have bad days..... but so do players, managers and chairman..... but the most honest person at the stadium is the much maligned.....

Easy target.....

Yes but even Attwell only made two mistakes in the game v Forest... admittedly two very big ones.

This guy made so many mistakes he was just an embarrassment. 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Do you really think I was being serious with that comment, I'd be annoyed if mcclaren did anything else because he'd get in trouble, but believe me I'd be surprised if the thought did enter his head at points in the match. It wasn't just one call, he consistently was bias towards reading all game In ever decision, minor or major and totally lost control allowing them to do whatever they pleased

No but, imaigine some impressionable 12/13 year old reading or hearing that..... thinking on a Sunday morning it's fair game to give a young ref a whack? Not thought about that have you? 

Referees are not bias..... they call games straight down the middle..... gonna admit they get things wrong and make bad calls.... not disputing that. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes but even Attwell only made two mistakes in the game v Forest... admittedly two very big ones.

This guy made so many mistakes he was just an embarrassment. 

Not denying they make mistakes. I can also guarantee I walked off a pitch and got in changing room after thinking I've been embarrassingly poor. 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

No but, imaigine some impressionable 12/13 year old reading or hearing that..... thinking on a Sunday morning it's fair game to give a young ref a whack? Not thought about that have you? 

Referees are not bias..... they call games straight down the middle..... gonna admit they get things wrong and make bad calls.... not disputing that. 

It was a clear joke, even 12 or 13 year olds will be able to see that. He probably wasn't bias but the amount of decisions going their way made it seem almost like he'd been bloody bribed if I didn't know better. He just lost control of the game totally, and that shouldn't be tolerated at this level of football, simply put he shouldn't be allowed to ref at this level putting in that sort of performance 

29 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Wasnt there today......

Easy target.....

Except attwell

Just now, Millenniumram said:

It was a clear joke, even 12 or 13 year olds will be able to see that. He probably wasn't bias but the amount of decisions going their way made it seem almost like he'd been bloody bribed if I didn't know better. He just lost control of the game totally, and that shouldn't be tolerated at this level of football, simply put he shouldn't be allowed to ref at this level putting in that sort of performance 

You are really not reading between the lines are you with that reply about kids being impressionable..... don't know if you're around the kids leagues on a Sunday morning...... but they here and read what people say, how do you know that they think you're joking. 

Have you checked how many games he's had at a professional level? 

Totally understand lose control of games comment..... I did and know it..... I'm pretty sure he'll know about it tonight when he's home. They are human. Pretty sure his assessor will be onto him. 

12 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I did read what you'd said, you said it was sad and predictable this thread had been made and that the ref was an easy target. If you'd just said that a smash in the face is too far I'd have probably agreed ;)

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

I did read what you'd said, you said it was sad and predictable this thread had been made and that the ref was an easy target. If you'd just said that a smash in the face is too far I'd have probably agreed ;)

Fair enough, I'm pretty quick to say same on other issues :D

Archived