That Ref

Millenniumram

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I can't remember we had a good ref in the championship tbh. The standard of refereeing in England as a whole, including the prem is awful

English refs are widely regarded as the best referees in the world. 

Unfortunately we mock and malign them time and time again.

Critiscise fair enough..... 

Does anyone have any answers on here on how'd they "improve" officials? All I ever see is complaining about them or still photo shots trying to prove a point they are wrong. Also plenty hang onto a "pundits" view after they see a incident 46785 times and change their mind 3456 times. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

English refs are widely regarded as the best referees in the world. 

Unfortunately we mock and malign them time and time again.

Critiscise fair enough..... 

Does anyone have any answers on here on how'd they "improve" officials? All I ever see is complaining about them or still photo shots trying to prove a point they are wrong. Also plenty hang onto a "pundits" view after they see a incident 46785 times and change their mind 3456 times. 

Video technology to assist the referees. Like in tennis and cricket where you are only allowed to challenge a decision a few times per half?

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Video technology to assist the referees. Like in tennis and cricket where you are only allowed to challenge a decision a few times per half?

Only have it for ball in out of play. Goals (which we have) and if foul committed in out of box, maybe offsides too..... matter of fact options. Would also mic up referees..... cut dissent out in an instant, also what people will notice is it'll make refs a bit more accountable. I would also take time keeping away. 

Archived