Who are our biggest rivals?

StringOfBeads

1 minute ago, mrdave85 said:

For me personally, it comes from being a broke student and going to their home games as an alternative. Would get chatting to their fans and I've always followed how they got on in previous years. 

Yeah I can understand that. 

You get lads and ladies on here that have lived in different towns and have a soft spot after keep an eye on local football. 

@ladyram is a Barnsley fan really

@David loves Grimsby Town

And @rynny keeps a close eye on Leicestershire Prison AFC. Won't go into that though. It was never proven and the car was unlocked tbf

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah I can understand that. 

You get lads and ladies on here that have lived in different towns and have a soft spot after keep an eye on local football. 

@ladyram is a Barnsley fan really

@David loves Grimsby Town

And @rynny keeps a close eye on Leicestershire Prison AFC. Won't go into that though. It was never proven and the car was unlocked tbf

You do not know the true meaning of love

For me, in the football world true rivalry should be with just one club. Yes there will be other teams I don't like - Stoke, Chelsea, West Ham and Villa, some I despise and loathe - Millwall and Leeds, but for obvious reasons, it has to be that shower of **** down the A52. 

You don't necessarily have to hate them (I don't) but it's the club you always want to beat and whose defeat on a Saturday afternoon always gives you the greatest amusement.

Not sure if it's logical but I would always rather beat Forest than Leeds but I would always want Leeds to be relegated before Forest.

13 minutes ago, David said:

Wigan for taking our Buxton

Every time I think about this it makes me smile (because thinking of Bucko) and cry (because thinking of Bucko in a Wigan shirt)

I think it's that goal against Forest, them down to 10 men, Barker being rushed to hospital, all looked like they were going to steal away with a point - And then the hero rises (literally and figuratively) through a crowd of players (and in my head now out of the mists, with a lion pelt adorning his shoulders, screaming 'War' at the top of his lungs) and BOOM - Legend... 

So I can't think of Wigan with anything other than fondness now... Because Bucko...

14 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Behave. There's only one rival for us. 

Whether they drop down into league one or not. They will still be our biggest rivals.

True, I'm hoping Burton manage to stay up though otherwise it does make it less interesting 

18 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Behave. There's only one rival for us. 

Whether they drop down into league one or not. They will still be our biggest rivals.

Behave ?Forest is the one game that could get me interested [if you get my drift]even at my age.Shameful.

Of course it's Forest and always has been...with Leeds a close second since the seventies, although it's a fact that they're main rivals are Man U and Chelsea, not us..

Leicester are more of an irritant than a rival... personally I see Stoke and the two Sheffield clubs as local(ish) derbies.. always a good atmosphere when we play them.

Fulham have climbed up my nose recently n all...

30 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Sky sports team did condescendingly say that we regarded Leeds as a rival, but they had bigger fish as rivals. I only really hate Stoke and Millwall. And love to hate forest.

Leeds like to think they're rivals with Man United. :lol:

Maybe we should just pretend that Barca are our rivals.

Forest are our rivals, want them in the same division as us wherever it is. I'm not massively pleased they're in trouble of relegation. Them finishing 21st would be the dream.

Whereas I dislike Leeds the most. Couldn't care less who they're playing, want them to lose and go down every season. Again, don't know why 

Not exactly a rival but have to mention the tw*ts from Millwall. Having been there for that playoff semi-final win and witnessing first hand what they are all about..... and they just keep repeating over the years but never get more than a slapped wrist....detest them....

Ive never liked Leicester.

Perhaps its just me, but i have always dispised them.

Maybe its because of the playoff final in 94, but I remember disliking them before that,

At least in the last 30 years or so they have always been as successful as us if not more so.

And usually its been making good teams out of players we wouldnt fancy signing ourselves.

Even when we had money in the 90s and were trying to build good teams with Pickerings cash, Leicester still seemed to be better with Derby hand me downs Ormandrodyd and Kitson.

And it didnt need Pearsons recent spell at Derby for me to hate everything about that guy when he was at Leicester.

The only time I had the slightest empathy for Leicester was the end of last season when it was great to see an average sized club win the premiership and stick it to the international billionaire owned teams of the top 4 clubs in England.

14 minutes ago, CumbriaRam said:

Not exactly a rival but have to mention the tw*ts from Millwall. Having been there for that playoff semi-final win and witnessing first hand what they are all about..... and they just keep repeating over the years but never get more than a slapped wrist....detest them....

Hear hear.

A couple of years later (dont know when exactly) with another play off semi finely in the balance against Birmingham.

Half their boys end left the game early to prepare themselves for scuffles with BCFC fans as they came out. Im sure this happened while the game was still on nicely poised into extra time. Proof if ever you needed it that fighting was more important than any chance of promotion.

As recent as 3 seasons ago Derby had to sub a player (adam smith perhaps= who was having a good game, purely down to the abuse he was getting and things thrown at him as he was a Millwall former player.

This sort of thing cant be right in this day and age.

Absolute scum!

edit: saw a documentary not so long ago on youtube i think from the 90s or early 2000s following the polices battle with Millwall which went on, on a week by week basis. Massive expense to the taxpayers to have police prescence, coppers tried every tactic going to see if they could curb the millwall fans from heavy handed right down to zero prescence, but it didnt matter, millwall fans still wanted to create devastation outside every week.

The Red Dogs are our rival.

The rest: Fester, Dirty Leeds, Sheffield clubs etc are nice to beat because they bring/we take a good following and it's nice to have the bragging rights at the end of the match.

If we do manage to get promoted I will be desperate for us to shock some of the bigger teams, anything to help one of them miss out on the top four.

Archived