Who are our biggest rivals?

StringOfBeads

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, StringOfBeads said:

Cant be Leeds a rivalry has to be 2 way and they arent bothered about us.

They seemed pretty bothered when we beat them in 10 consecutive meetings running up to 2013.

Don't really get this post to be honest. There's only one real rivalry and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

They seemed pretty bothered when we beat them in 10 consecutive meetings running up to 2013.

Don't really get this post to be honest. There's only one real rivalry and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

they don't care one single heartbeat about us.

aside from that lot down the road I would say that our biggest rivals now would be Wednesday.?

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

they don't care one single heartbeat about us.

aside from that lot down the road I would say that our biggest rivals now would be Wednesday.?

When did it become a thing? Whether Leeds care about us or not. Can't say I've heard any Derby fans saying they give a toss about Leeds either. Why would they? Maybe back in the day but now? Meh.

6 hours ago, StringOfBeads said:

Times are changing Leicester arent in our league any more, Burton seem to be on more of a friendly rivalry so apart from Forest who are our rivals these days ?

The way things are going Forest wont be in the same league..what will we do then? Unless of course we get promoted.

I hate Stoke and Leicester after Forest.

Obviously most hate Forest because we live and work with them and each time one has the upper hand they let the other one know about it.

It should be about what you experience.

Many Rams fans will hate one or several Midlands clubs. You work and live amongst them. The support at away games tends to be strong because there's a lot of clubs in this area of a pretty big standing. There's going to be clashes between fans.

I think everyone dislikes Leeds because of the nature of your average Leeds fan. And the average Leeds fan is like that because of the treatment they get everywhere. So Leeds always come into hostility.

All Midlands clubs has a spark to it. 

I never used to hate Leicester. But after a few trips to the crisp bowl and having the daft knobbers jumping around like it's a cup final there's only so much you can ignore the rising feeling to give it them back when possible. 

Except it's never possible because we always lose. 

But you probably could live a Ram and barely meet a Leicester fan. Bit hard with Forest because it's all over the Internet.  

I think its a bit forced when two clubs with no real path crossing decide to be rivals. "Yeah!! We hate that team that's 40 miles away and we play them every 15 years!" 

Cringe

8 hours ago, StringOfBeads said:

Times are changing Leicester arent in our league any more, Burton seem to be on more of a friendly rivalry so apart from Forest who are our rivals these days ?

Reddogs... 

Burton aren't our rivalry so please don't class that as rivalry. 

I hate Stoke after Forest.

I've never been interested in Leicester, they may be East Midlands but I couldn't care less. Burton I see as more of a friendly rivalry due to the closeness in the history of our clubs.

A few Sheff Weds fans I work with have a thing against us, I'm not sure why TBH, maybe the Forestieri thing. 

8 hours ago, StringOfBeads said:

Have Forest gone into liquidation yet?

See, I don't feel the friendliness towards Burton. I don't mind the place or the people. I don't care about the club though. I probably live closer to Forest. I have more mates who are Forest fans. 

I just don't get the friends thing. I feel the same way about Burton as say Chesterfield, Notts County or any other team that we don't clash with. 

I guess it always depends on your interaction with other fans. 

But I think only Forest go out of their way to abuse us. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

See, I don't feel the friendliness towards Burton. I don't mind the place or the people. I don't care about the club though. I probably live closer to Forest. I have more mates who are Forest fans. 

I just don't get the friends thing. I feel the same way about Burton as say Chesterfield, Notts County or any other team that we don't clash with. 

I guess it always depends on your interaction with other fans. 

But I think only Forest go out of their way to abuse us. 

For me personally, it comes from being a broke student and going to their home games as an alternative. Would get chatting to their fans and I've always followed how they got on in previous years. 

Newcastle for signing all our targets this summer

Villa for signing all our targets this month

Forest because they wouldn't sell us Lansbury

Leeds because they take all of Sky's attention even though we don't want to be on Sky.

Fulham for holding Chris Martin hostage

Burton because Nigel hates us and regrets taking over

Reading for smashing us 3-0 and sending me home in tears

Wigan for taking our Buxton

QPR as they should have let us win at Wembley, we deserved to win

Preston because had it been them we wouldn't be the worst team in history

Archived