Derby County v Reading match day thread.

DEL

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, daib0 said:

Should have been on before, sorry chaps .-.. Reading's Royals Rendezvous Match Presentation and thread, highest respect for the Rams, please check in here, loads of info on Derby; http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/30056494/1 

Any inaccuracies please tell us for the future ... here's to a great game, whatever happens ... 

Mate, you're a machine, and year on year you never fail to produce. I can't decide whether you are a superfan who dedicates his life to bringing others information, or you just need a girlfriend. :)

19 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

You must have a very different definition of 'playing behind a striker' to me.  At Watford he was mostly hanging on the shoulder of the last man, waiting for flick-ons from Deeney.  At Derby, Nugent won't be flicking the ball on to him as he's not that type of player.  And if he's playing on the last man, he's not going to be dropping off, linking play. holding the ball up etc.

So every Watford move was a flick on from Deeny to Vydra? I'd say Nugent would drop in and Vydra run beyond like Bryson used to do with Martin.

3 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Mate, you're a machine, and year on year you never fail to produce. I can't decide whether you are a superfan who dedicates his life to bringing others information, or you just need a girlfriend. :)

Nope, my wife often despairs but twenty years on she still puts up with me! Actually, if I'm honest that match intro part is not my work any more, we've got a team doing responsibilities for different parts of the site and I handed MTs over to an enthusiastic youngster. I go more with inter-forum work and various games and comps. 

Back to the game, it's close to call but I think you are favourites. Most Royals fans will tell you we've been over-achieving.Can get found out against fast strikers (e.g. Newcastle 1-4, Fulham 0-5, Brentford 1-4), that's why the GD isn't very healthy. The best results for opponents have been where teams defend a fair bit further up the pitch; passing along the back line in front of our own penalty area is producing unwanted disasters!!

1 minute ago, daib0 said:

Nope, my wife often despairs but twenty years on she still puts up with me! Actually, if I'm honest that match intro part is not my work any more, we've got a team doing responsibilities for different parts of the site and I handed MTs over to an enthusiastic youngster. I go more with inter-forum work and various games and comps. 

Back to the game, it's close to call but I think you are favourites. Most Royals fans will tell you we've been over-achieving.Can get found out against fast strikers (e.g. Newcastle 1-4, Fukham 0-5, Brentford 1-4), that's why the GD isn't very healthy. The best results for opponents have been where teams defend a fair bit further up the pitch; passing along the back line in front of our own penalty area is producing unwanted disasters!!

You get a like for that, whether intentional or a typo. That is certainly how I feel towards them over the Chris Martin situation :lol:

12 hours ago, daib0 said:

Should have been on before, sorry chaps .-.. Reading's Royals Rendezvous Match Presentation and thread, highest respect for the Rams, please check in here, loads of info on Derby; http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/30056494/1 

Any inaccuracies please tell us for the future ... here's to a great game, whatever happens ... 

Wow that's an incredible amount of information! Way better than our match intros! 

Somebody on here needs to step up.

(Not me though - i dont know 5hit about 5hit).

12 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Wow that's an incredible amount of information! Way better than our match intros! 

Somebody on here needs to step up.

(Not me though - i dont know 5hit about 5hit).

Really? I lost the will to live before I got to the interesting bits!

I like our match intros, in the main they are concise, informative, amusing and occasionally accurate. Good enough for me.

1 hour ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Anyone know if he injured? 

McClaren said he'd trained a half day this week - sounded like the day he gave his interview, so he can't be far away.

I'm hoping that Blackman will be Vydra's saviour and vice-versa. I'd rather hope that than give up on >£10million pounds' worth of investment just yet.

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

Really? I lost the will to live before I got to the interesting bits!

I like our match intros, in the main they are concise, informative, amusing and occasionally accurate. Good enough for me.

But they get pictures and stuff...

We dont get pictures :(

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

McClaren said he'd trained a half day this week - sounded like the day he gave his interview, so he can't be far away.

I'm hoping that Blackman will be Vydra's saviour and vice-versa. I'd rather hope that than give up on >£10million pounds' worth of investment just yet.

Think both of them need a run, let Vydra get his confidence and let Blackman play in the position he wants. 

13 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Think both of them need a run, let Vydra get his confidence and let Blackman play in the position he wants. 

Unfortunately Blackman wants to play as the striker and so does Vydra and we only have space for 1 of those in the team, and with Bent and now Nugent I don't think it will be possible.

Just now, rynny said:

Unfortunately Blackman wants to play as the striker and so does Vydra and we only have space for 1 of those in the team, and with Bent and now Nugent I don't think it will be possible.

I think Vydra may be off in the summer. Mac has mentioned Blackman in training a lot.

BBC Sport - by Illya Glushchenkov

Championship: Newcastle and Brighton to win promotion? Blackburn survive?

Promotion to the Premier League for Newcastle United and Brighton, play-off nerves for Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby and Reading, and relegation for Burton, Wigan and Rotherham.

These are the conclusions of SAM (Sports Analytics Machine), the super-computer built by Ian McHale, professor of sports analytics at the University of Salford, together with his colleague Dr Tarak Kharrat.

SAM was tasked with predicting the result of every Championship match between now and the end of the season on 7 May. The results indicate that Championship leaders Newcastle and second-placed Brighton will build their lead and cruise to promotion with 98 and 94 points respectively.

The programme suggests that the two clubs are near certainties to win automatic promotion, with Newcastle having a 99% and Brighton a 96.5% chance of going straight up.

SAM also calculates that the Magpies, relegated last season, have a 67% probability of winning their fourth second-tier title, while the Seagulls' chances of topping the table to reach the top flight for the first time since 1983 are 32%.

A total of seven teams are viewed as the most likely challengers for the play-off spots: Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County, Reading, Huddersfield Town, Norwich City and Fulham.

However, SAM rates the Whites and the Owls as having the best chance of claiming a place in the play-offs, with a probability of 72% each.

Will your team finish in the play-offs?
% probability calculated by SAM
Leeds United 72%
Sheffield Wednesday 72%
Derby County 56%
Reading 53%

Huddersfield Town 41%
Norwich City 31%
Fulham 23%

Good article, full length here: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38663851

Archived