Derby County v Reading match day thread.

DEL

Just now, Seth's left foot said:

They're back in training but I think this game is too early for them. Christie is a big loss, his runs will help our attack.

Mac hinted Olsson for LB spot tomorrow so he'll start and I do hope Christie start as well but understand if he isn't. ?

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else think that Cyrus sometimes makes life harder for Ince by not giving him the ball quickly enough often enough. 

I like Christie. But he's really frustrating when he starts dancing about while everyone else loses time and space

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Does anyone else think that Cyrus sometimes makes life harder for Ince by not giving him the ball quickly enough often enough. 

I like Christie. But he's really frustrating when he starts dancing about while everyone else loses time and space

I certainly don't think it's any coincidence that inces form went up massively once Baird got in the team. Christie is a very good player at this level, but sometimes his lack of intelligence can have an impact on others. He needs to learn when to pass, when to cross, when to dribble etc, it's his decision making that really stops him being the player he could be

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah I do see what you mean by that and Christie just need to release the ball to Ince quickly as possible. 

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Would be nice if someone showed Christie that all he needs to do is run down the line with the ball and cut it back from the touch line to just outside the six yard box, just that nobody will be able to stop him and he will either win a corner most of the time or cut it back to the likes of Bent or Bryson 

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

...................................Carson...................................

Christie..............Keogh..............Pearce...........Olsson

.................................De-Sart........................................

................Bryson................................Hughes..............

Ince...........................Vydra..........................Russell

Subs: Mitchell-Baird-Shackell-Vernham-Bent-Hanson-Camara

Injured/suspended: Forsyth-Lowe-Thorne-Butterfield-Johnson-Nugent-Anya

Surprised you can think Vydra can do that job better than Bent. Bent's not perfect at it, but Vydra has been woeful thus far trying to be the lone front man.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Would be nice if someone showed Christie that all he needs to do is run down the line with the ball and cut it back from the touch line to just outside the six yard box, just that nobody will be able to stop him and he will either win a corner most of the time or cut it back to the likes of Bent or Bryson 

No point putting any cross into the box if there's no beggar in there.  Just saying.

Very curious to see how we approach this game, whether we go for it and press them from the front like Fulham did, or whether we respect that they will have more possession and counter attack. I think the first approach would be the most appropriate for this game as Reading tend to struggle a bit when team's get in their face, they remind me of Derby of passed seasons in that aspect

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It's all about opinions. I understand your view. I guess I'm still waiting for Vydra to "click". I'm not looking for another Martin equilvalent just a variation in it.

Same here, would love Vydra to rediscover that Watford form. There's a good player in there, he just does not fit our system, he needs to play in a two and preferable off a stronger forward, then he'd be in his element.

It wouldn't be ideal but he could possible form a decent partnership with Bent. But playing two up top would seriously destabilise our midfield. 

I'm cautiously optimistic for this one.

Just think we'll get a reaction from the Leeds game, I'm sure they'll all want yo get in the 11 v festa and just I think we'll get a result.

I'd bet on Olsson, Pearce and the much debated Jonny Russell to be back in.

Nuge is crocked, so I think Vydra is going to get the start,just on a hunch.

Reading are very good this season, I think I expected them to work towards it this season and come good next, but hats off to them.

1 hour ago, daib0 said:

Should have been on before, sorry chaps .-.. Reading's Royals Rendezvous Match Presentation and thread, highest respect for the Rams, please check in here, loads of info on Derby; http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/30056494/1 

Any inaccuracies please tell us for the future ... here's to a great game, whatever happens ... 

Wow that's some intro! Just about as long as one of my posts that.

Thoroughly enjoyed reading it and thankyou. Must have took some herculean effort and a fair amount of time.

I didn't know Mac went to Nunny School. Poor sod. :lol:

Reading will be a tough game for us and so not going to predict how it will pan out. Just hope both Royals and Rams enjoy the afternoon and have a safe journey home to all corners of the nation.

10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It's all about opinions. I understand your view. I guess I'm still waiting for Vydra to "click". I'm not looking for another Martin equilvalent just a variation in it.

Indeed, and I hope he does. The problem is that if McClaren insists on playing the way he does, a Martin equivalent is the only thing that will work most effectively. A variation, such as Bent or Vydra, just isn't as effective, as we've seen. So we either need a Martin equivalent in the team (or Martin), change the way we play a bit to better suit the players we have, or hope that Vydra can somehow adapt to become a target man.

6 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Wow that's some intro! Just about as long as one of my posts that.

Thoroughly enjoyed reading it and thankyou. Must have took some herculean effort and a fair amount of time.

I didn't know Mac went to Nunny School. Poor sod. :lol:

Reading will be a tough game for us and so not going to predict how it will pan out. Just hope both Royals and Rams enjoy the afternoon and have a safe journey home to all corners of the nation.

Don't get carried away Tony, it's about as long as one of your intros!

Archived