Paul Clement

Ramz64

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alpha said:

The players must have tried hard enough to get into the top 6

Then they decided to give up?

I wish people would stop making massive assumptions about the majority of footballers. Where does this idea come from that they're arrogant knob heads just happy to collect money?

Footballers are paid a lot of money because of us. We could be in their position if we had the talent, made the sacrifices and had the dedication. And if we had the money I guarantee we wouldn't be driving hatchbacks and dating Susan Boyle. 

They played for Clement. They are in a league with other professional footballers. I think if they downed tools you'd know about it. 

Like the accusations they didn't play for Pearson. They played just hard enough to secure narrow defeats? So their careers can go down the pan? If they don't want to play then nothing is stopping them quitting. The money they get paid isn't endless. It goes up or down with their careers. 

Seriously, where does it originate from? That book from an unnamed author? What makes the book true? It wouldn't sell if it wasn't full of scandal. Or is it Wayne Rooney cheating on his wife? I know lads that have cheated. Nothing to do with their job. They weren't thinking about their job when they did it. They weren't thinking much at all.

As you can see, it winds me up that people suggest players stop trying. I'm sure there's been some as in any job that lose interest. But like any job the vast majority want to be good at what they do. Nobody likes losing. Athletes as much as anyone.

are you saying player power doesnt exist take chelsea as an example i think there was something going on at derby during clements reign and when the new manager after clements came in he shipped out the main protagonists

Biggest problem I have with Clement is that every interview he does is about Ronaldo, Ancelotti, Beckham, etc. When he was here I understand there were pictures on the walls of his office with these players on.

He seems to think that having worked with these players means the players at Derby or Swansea would be motivated by seeing Ronaldo gawking down at them all the time.

Just a small thing but it does my head in. Just focus on the job you're doing now and adapt your methods to suit the players at your disposal. Johnny Russell is not Ronaldo and you are not Carlo Ancelotti!

1 hour ago, The 1884 Group said:

Biggest problem I have with Clement is that every interview he does is about Ronaldo, Ancelotti, Beckham, etc. When he was here I understand there were pictures on the walls of his office with these players on.

I half wonder if his team talks were the same - Ince, you be Ronaldo, Martin, you be Benzema, Butterfield, you be Modric.  

4 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

are you saying player power doesnt exist take chelsea as an example i think there was something going on at derby during clements reign and when the new manager after clements came in he shipped out the main protagonists

Is that the same as you shipping out all semblance of punctuation?

20 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Sorry mate - failed joke.

Ewasted. ....e-wasted.  Like you use e-commerce to suggest business done over t'internet. 

Wasn't taking the p***. Now you know why financial service wallahs make terrible comics :(

If you have to explain it, it's not funny anymore. 

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Sorry mate - failed joke.

Ewasted. ....e-wasted.  Like you use e-commerce to suggest business done over t'internet. 

Wasn't taking the p***. Now you know why financial service wallahs make terrible comics :(

gone over me head mate i am from barnsley though

16 hours ago, Alpha said:

The players must have tried hard enough to get into the top 6

Then they decided to give up?

I wish people would stop making massive assumptions about the majority of footballers. Where does this idea come from that they're arrogant knob heads just happy to collect money?

Footballers are paid a lot of money because of us. We could be in their position if we had the talent, made the sacrifices and had the dedication. And if we had the money I guarantee we wouldn't be driving hatchbacks and dating Susan Boyle. 

They played for Clement. They are in a league with other professional footballers. I think if they downed tools you'd know about it. 

Like the accusations they didn't play for Pearson. They played just hard enough to secure narrow defeats? So their careers can go down the pan? If they don't want to play then nothing is stopping them quitting. The money they get paid isn't endless. It goes up or down with their careers. 

Seriously, where does it originate from? That book from an unnamed author? What makes the book true? It wouldn't sell if it wasn't full of scandal. Or is it Wayne Rooney cheating on his wife? I know lads that have cheated. Nothing to do with their job. They weren't thinking about their job when they did it. They weren't thinking much at all.

As you can see, it winds me up that people suggest players stop trying. I'm sure there's been some as in any job that lose interest. But like any job the vast majority want to be good at what they do. Nobody likes losing. Athletes as much as anyone.

Who's dating susan boyle?

On 6 January 2017 at 06:44, Alpha said:

I hope he does well. I liked him. I thought he deserved more time.

Yeah his football was dull but I remember @rammieib inviting me to one of the fan forum things. Clement had a presentation and in it he talked about how high in the tables Derby were on chances created, shots, passes in the final third, passes completed in the final third and territory. 

He was a rookie that stepped into a job that really demanded quite instant results. We don't have patient fans. 

It seems wrong to be too harsh on his football. It was his first management job and he'd not been in it a season. 

I think it sounds about right that he saw us as a stepping stone. But we can't really judge him on that without proof. We've only heard one side of the story. 

I think it might be a while before anybody sees what a Clement team looks like. 

Totally agree, removed way too soon and I wish him all the best at Swansea. 

The football wasn't great but it was a work in progress and he was a class act that knew football and coaching inside out.  I'll watch this new position of his with interest. 

Archived