Paul Clement

Ramz64

I can't see clement having the status or the experience to manage a squad that gave bob bradley a hard time.

therefore i assume swansea are taking a medium term view; accepting that they will get relegated and thinking about who could they get in order to bounce back.

clement was honest but a bit dull - Much like the football - but a good guy. Too straight to deal with the many curve balls Mel threw at him. 

Plan b, alternative formations, players signed by committee, the Derby Way, marching into the dressing room to carpet everybody, filming everything....

poor bugger was just too inexperienced to deal with all that.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RamNut said:

I can't see clement having the status or the experience to manage a squad that gave bob bradley a hard time.

therefore i assume swansea are taking a medium term view; accepting that they will get relegated and thinking about who could they get in order to bounce back.

clement was honest but a bit dull - Much like the football - but a good guy. Too straight to deal with the many curve balls Mel threw at him. 

Plan b, alternative formations, players signed by committee, the Derby Way, marching into the dressing room to carpet everybody, filming everything....

poor bugger was just too inexperienced to deal with all that.

I thought the 'filming everything' thing was something that Paul Clement introduced to Derby from his time at Real Madrid under Ancelotti.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

I thought the 'filming everything' thing was something that Paul Clement introduced to Derby from his time at Real Madrid under Ancelotti.

I remember mel saying that he broached the idea of filming pre-match team talks and asked clement what he thought of the idea. Apparently clement said "why wouldn't you?"

it was being touted as one the reasons PC was better than schteve at the time.

apparently schteve wasn't keen.

very sensible.

Paul clement is the saviour! Haha fantastic win for us and within minutes saw that Neil Taylor is absolute garbage (which our last 4-5 managers haven't been able to see for some strange reason)  and replaced him with Rangel who went on to score the winner. Tactical genius..

4 minutes ago, BenTheJack said:

Paul clement is the saviour! Haha fantastic win for us and within minutes saw that Neil Taylor is absolute garbage (which our last 4-5 managers haven't been able to see for some strange reason)  and replaced him with Rangel who went on to score the winner. Tactical genius..

I hope he does well, he seemed like a decent bloke when he was at Derby

5 minutes ago, BenTheJack said:

He is a quality manager and coach. Derby were wrong to get rid. In time, it will be proven to have been a huge mistake.

15 hours ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

http://bbc.in/2j1Sen7

Steve Claridge and his usual love-in for all things Rams and associated topics !

What utter *****. As has been mentioned, topnof the league isn't exactly what I'd call farcical. I wasn't sorry to see him go, it wasn't a good fit in the end, but farcical is a bit strong. It's a better description of Pearson's tenure, or pretty much anything that happens in Nottingham. 

Paul Clement struggled to get his ideas across here. He basically set us out in similar fashion to Real Madrid in terms of dominating possession, yet he obviously overlooked just how limited Championship footballers are in comparison.

It's easy to retain the ball, keep in shape and utilise the attacking qualities of Benzema, Bale and Ronaldo to good affect while at Madrid, but expecting Ince, Martin and Weimann to produce the goods in similar fashion was naive.

We just never did the basics with him. He underestimated the need for grit and aggression (both in and out of possession) in the Championship, and saw himself as a level above.

I think he might do alright at Swansea with better players to work with. Some managers are just better in those sorts of environments, whereas others thrive when it comes down to more basic level.

Pretty weird, but someone like Warnock would fare much better than Clement at Rotherham or Cardiff. Yet in the PL, you'd back Clement to do a better job than Warnock at a Swansea or Watford.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Paul Clement struggled to get his ideas across here. He basically set us out in similar fashion to Real Madrid in terms of dominating possession, yet he obviously overlooked just how limited Championship footballers are in comparison.

It's easy to retain the ball, keep in shape and utilise the attacking qualities of Benzema, Bale and Ronaldo to good affect while at Madrid, but expecting Ince, Martin and Weimann to produce the goods in similar fashion was naive.

We just never did the basics with him. He underestimated the need for grit and aggression (both in and out of possession) in the Championship, and saw himself as a level above.

I think he might do alright at Swansea with better players to work with. Some managers are just better in those sorts of environments, whereas others thrive when it comes down to more basic level.

Pretty weird, but someone like Warnock would fare much better than Clement at Rotherham or Cardiff. Yet in the PL, you'd back Clement to do a better job than Warnock at a Swansea or Watford.

Funny how we all get that, but Claridge who is paid to have an informed opinion, hasn't got a ******* clue. 

If anything it was farcical from our side. I don't think it was, but I can see how it look like that from the outside looking in. Employ a manager, he gets us top within a few months, then we sack him. But claridge is making out it was Clements farce. He was just at the wrong club really. 

35 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

But claridge is making out it was Clements farce. He was just at the wrong club really. 

Not wanting to rake it all up again but surely it was Clement's farce. He was interviewed and taken on to play the game in a certain way, according to Mel's long term vision. He either couldn't, or more likely, wouldn't do that and went off and did his own thing. That's not in dispute as far as I know. Either way, the responsibility was Clement's, as he must have said all the right things at interview, to get the job.

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Not wanting to rake it all up again but surely it was Clement's farce. He was interviewed and taken on to play the game in a certain way, according to Mel's long term vision. He either couldn't, or more likely, wouldn't do that and went off and did his own thing. That's not in dispute as far as I know. Either way, the responsibility was Clement's, as he must have said all the right things at interview, to get the job.

were we not fifth in the league and just drawn with fulham when we sacked him

Archived