Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

9 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Tbf he has 7 in 14 for Bosnia and at 6ft 6 will no doubt give Championship defenders something to think about

Good grief. Let's get Kevin Francis back cos he was like 7ft 9.

He might have given opposition defenders something to think about but I couldn't tell as I was too busy laughing at the carnage his whirling arms and legs caused in our own ranks :lol:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I read about this saga the less likely I think it is that we will sign him. I actually think he would be a good signing for us but with Celtic offering the odd Champions League match and the option of spending 95% of a season on autopilot and still winning a league title (albeit a two bob tinpot jobbie) and Villa having an easier time negotiating simply because they aren't Derby County I think we are buggered.

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The more I read about this saga the less likely I think it is that we will sign him. I actually think he would be a good signing for us but with Celtic offering the odd Champions League match and the option of spending 95% of a season on autopilot and still winning a league title (albeit a two bob tinpot jobbie) and Villa having an easier time negotiating simply because they aren't Derby County I think we are buggered.

Have to agree.

Unless we pay a stupid figure of around £5m+, I can't see us signing Lansbury. 

Would be a very good signing but Villa seem to have to upper hand and look set to be signing him.

We seem to back down very quickly when rival bids come in, yet we managed to find £8m for Vydra.

It looks like £1m extra for Sako and Lansbury would clinch the deal if we  really wanted them.

The rewards of promotion are within grasp.

I guess we don't know the full story but as a fan it's frustrating to lose out to mediocre clubs.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We seem to back down very quickly when rival bids come in, yet we managed to find £8m for Vydra.

It looks like £1m extra for Sako and Lansbury would clinch the deal if we  really wanted them.

I guess we don't know the full story but as a fan it's frustrating to lose out to mediocre clubs.

Nothing is done yet, no deals signed officially and if villa are a mediocre club what does that make us?

4 minutes ago, KBB said:

Nothing is done yet, no deals signed officially and if villa are a mediocre club what does that make us?

Five places higher in the table even without our star midfielder and best striker.

Villa are yesterday's team. The Rams are the future!

14 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Totally agree here. All we need to do is fork out one million more on Sako...why would we not do that?! Yet happily pay that price for Ikechi Anya?! If we lose out to bloody Birmingham City on this one I'll be fuming.

As for Lansbury, I think the problem might more be that fact that it's US, as opposed to what price we'll pay. 

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Totally agree here. All we need to do is fork out one million more on Sako...why would we not do that?! Yet happily pay that price for Ikechi Anya?! If we lose out to bloody Birmingham City on this one I'll be fuming.

As for Lansbury, I think the problem might more be that fact that it's US, as opposed to what price we'll pay. 

I'd still rather us not pay over the odds. We got fixated on Blackman for example, regardless of his football merit, we paid to high a price and we would have to for Lansbury.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Aston Villa are after Dale Stephens of Brighton, so Lansbury to Derby might be back on. Can't tell you how I know that but I expect it to get reported in the press at some point today/tomorrow. 

Like I said Villa bid ain't even been accepted or rejected. We are in for him (reddog Lansbury)

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Like I said Villa bid ain't even been accepted or rejected. We are in for him (reddog Lansbury)

Think you're right, DEL. Got a feeling we want him a lot more than those we're competing with, thus why Villa are looking at other options. 

Archived