Chrissy Martin...........no repeat guarantee

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

People are forgetting to factor in an important question.  Would he even want to come back???  Fulham have just as much of a chance of going up as us and play better attacking football (at the moment).  The bright lights of London are a big pull as well.  

Of course he doesn't want to come back, thank Igor.

51 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Keep him on loan until the end of the season, let's see what Derby and Martin are thinking in the summer and move from there.

If we went up, I'd want him back for squad depth and reliability, if we don't go up well I'd want him back to lead the line anyway.

Seriously? Martin in the premier league? I actually find that pretty funny ... off the bench you say. I can see it now ... 1-0 down at Chelsea ... 10 mins to go ... here comes Martin to tie up the game with his bolstering pace and killer instinct. Kinda like pea - shooting at tanks. 

51 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Seriously? Martin in the premier league? I actually find that pretty funny ... off the bench you say. I can see it now ... 1-0 down at Chelsea ... 10 mins to go ... here comes Martin to tie up the game with his bolstering pace and killer instinct. Kinda like pea - shooting at tanks. 

TBF if the likes of Vokes, Ulloa & Lambert can score goals in the Prem martin can.  His pace lets him down but he's a great touch & a good footballing brain.  I'm not saying he'd start & score week in week out but he'd be handy to have around.

You notice how whenever we're doing well that people start worrying about who's "PL quality". 

It's not a mythical land of 3 footed giants who move at the speed of light.

It's a league where Agbonlahor has spent all his career to this date, Jesse Lingard and Theo Walcott play for top clubs, Wes Morgan is a champion, Glen Whelan is a key player for a mid table team, Danny Graham has scored at least a goal, Steven Fletcher and Naismith were key players, Wes Brown and Jon O'Shea are established, Troy Deeney has gone from a highly rated Championship forward to a highly rated Premier League forward, Vardy scoring more last season than in this league etc etc

There are no key attributes. It's how a team adapts and how players fit. 

And we still aren't in the PL. And might never will be if we turn our noses up at good Championship established players

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

You notice how whenever we're doing well that people start worrying about who's "PL quality". 

It's not a mythical land of 3 footed giants who move at the speed of light.

It's a league where Agbonlahor has spent all his career to this date, Jesse Lingard and Theo Walcott play for top clubs, Wes Morgan is a champion, Glen Whelan is a key player for a mid table team, Danny Graham has scored at least a goal, Steven Fletcher and Naismith were key players, Wes Brown and Jon O'Shea are established, Troy Deeney has gone from a highly rated Championship forward to a highly rated Premier League forward, Vardy scoring more last season than in this league etc etc

There are no key attributes. It's how a team adapts and how players fit. 

And we still aren't in the PL. And might never will be if we turn our noses up at good Championship established players

Bournemouth's most used eleven players last season featured ten players who were in The Championship.

We were a better version of them. 

Still wasn't good enough. 

Perhaps our collapse that season was karmic realignment? 

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

TBF if the likes of Vokes, Ulloa & Lambert can score goals in the Prem martin can.  His pace lets him down but he's a great touch & a good footballing brain.  I'm not saying he'd start & score week in week out but he'd be handy to have around.

At last someone with an obvious yet sensible answer. Trouble is it might now be with Fulham. But I think their defence will let them down. I hope our fire-power doesn't let us down... 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Bournemouth's most used eleven players last season featured ten players who were in The Championship.

We were a better version of them. 

Still wasn't good enough. 

Perhaps our collapse that season was karmic realignment? 

Yeah,  Our collapse that season was for several reasons imo. Two main ones..

Injuries to key players and even their back up. Wiping out 2 positions

Mac tinkering with the back 4. Every single position. 

I wouldn't say we were better than Bournemouth exactly. I'd say we were about equal. When we played them at their place it was one of the highest quality games in the country outside the elite teams. Amazing game swinging back and forth too. But they were smashing teams by 4's and 5's  and even 8. 

But this is my point. Which of their players would you have down as PL quality at the start of that season. Did it look like a team that would be one of the most entertaining in recent 2nd tier years? 

Nobody fancied a team containing Pugh, Kermogant etc. 

10 players you say made the step up. Yet people write off our players as limited to this level. Even though we've seen Lingard pass through here. We've seen Hendrick snapped up. We've seen Ibe go straight into the Liverpool side. Lee Grant another one proving his class

It will always always come down to how the player fits the team. Not the league. Or Wes Brown wouldn't have a single PL medal

Archived