Chrissy Martin...........no repeat guarantee

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know,in the past three or so years,i havent heard anyone mention or name a single striker who actually plays like martin and who could then slot into the team as a direct replacement with his style of play...

is there no one out there who can actually do that and better still,actually be possibly available?

surely there must be a martin mark 2???

48 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

you know,in the past three or so years,i havent heard anyone mention or name a single striker who actually plays like martin and who could then slot into the team as a direct replacement with his style of play...

is there no one out there who can actually do that and better still,actually be possibly available?

Problem is, he's a weird cross between a traditional target man and a traditional #10.

Chances are his replacement will be a link-up man or a #10 who adapt to a lone forward role or an old school target man.

It's about money.

as I see it we balanced the books with Hendrick / Vydra

i am guessing the 9 million talked about for Chris .. Is the 2.5 they will have paid by the end of the season and there is another 6.5 million to collect if the deal gets done. 

Take him back early and there will be some haggling that will cost us some of what we have had 

i am curiouslly not bothered. If he comes back he would be an interesting option and good in the squad but there is more to chose from now. 2 season ago if he got injured we would be exposed. Not the case now. So it's the money. Is he the desired new striker or are we hunting for something else ? ... 

Look we should move on now. By the end of his time here, he was past his best. He clearly prefers being away from Derby where things went oh so wrong and he's now closer to home. He jumped ship at the first opportunity and hasn't looked back. Besides, I don't like his double-talking in the media. Very disloyal. All in all I would not like to see Steve McClaren return. The glory days are over. 

Wait a second, I'm getting confused. I meant Chris Martin, obviously. I meant Chris Martin shouldn't return. Nothing good ever comes of forgetting the past and trying to bring talent back to the club when it's clearly always been in the best interests of all involved for them to have never left. Nothing good ever... 

5 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Costa, Slatan, Murray, Huddersfield forward, Chris Woods, the Birmingham player from Burnley, Vokes, Kane (with more pace) Fletcher and some others. 

9 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Whoosh

Does this mean, accompanied by a gesture where the hand is swept palm down over the head from front to back with about three inches clearance, that the sentence referred to was too sophisticated and has gone "way over your head"? Or are you referring to the mobile car parking payment firm?

5 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Does this mean, accompanied by a gesture where the hand is swept palm down over the head from front to back with about three inches clearance, that the sentence referred to was too sophisticated and has gone "way over your head"? Or are you referring to the mobile car parking payment firm?

No. A powerful non toxic screen cleaner designed for use on all screens, consumer electronics and mobile devices.

6 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Dare I say it .................... Ched Evans.

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Look we should move on now. By the end of his time here, he was past his best. He clearly prefers being away from Derby where things went oh so wrong and he's now closer to home. He jumped ship at the first opportunity and hasn't looked back. Besides, I don't like his double-talking in the media. Very disloyal. All in all I would not like to see Steve McClaren return. The glory days are over. 

Wait a second, I'm getting confused. I meant Chris Martin, obviously. I meant Chris Martin shouldn't return. Nothing good ever comes of forgetting the past and trying to bring talent back to the club when it's clearly always been in the best interests of all involved for them to have never left. Nothing good ever... 

I see what you did there......,?

45 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Costa, Slatan, Murray, Huddersfield forward, Chris Woods, the Birmingham player from Burnley, Vokes, Kane (with more pace) Fletcher and some others. 

Are you seriously suggesting Diego Costa, Zlatan Ibrahimovich, and Harry Kane as possibly available. To us. Really?

Are you seriously suggesting that Nahki Wells is in a similar mould to Martin?

Are you seriously suggesting Chris Woods, Steven Fletcher, Sam Vokes and Lukas Jutkiewicz are all better than Martin are available to us?

Epic_Facepalm_by_RJTH25255B125255D5B15D.

7 hours ago, rynny said:

Are you seriously suggesting Diego Costa, Zlatan Ibrahimovich, and Harry Kane as possibly available. To us. Really?

Are you seriously suggesting that Nahki Wells is in a similar mould to Martin?

Are you seriously suggesting Chris Woods, Steven Fletcher, Sam Vokes and Lukas Jutkiewicz are all better than Martin are available to us?

Epic_Facepalm_by_RJTH25255B125255D5B15D.

No but the question that their aren't many players like Martin. Not if they were available... 

21 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

No but the question that their aren't many players like Martin. Not if they were available... 

Really? Are you sure? 

14 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Hmmmm.........

14 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Wayne Rooney- older - but better and not available unless he fancies the challenge of a lifetime which shows how difficult it is to replace Martin in the championship 

Archived