Are you banned from doing certain jobs at home and why?

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Sort of but i'm guessing your quite a bit younger than me(47) and it changes once they realise your useless or can't be bothered.

Screwed up there by putting domestic goddess on my POF profile and using a profile pic wearing marigolds

Cooking, of any type when the wife is in.

Not sexist, just her insistence that having gone outside and left a tin of soup on 20 minutes, cue much smoke and burnt through pot. Similar left milk on boil, cue another brown, almost burnt through saucepan! 

Both several years ago, both not forgotten.

Doing it once and talking to the neighbour was foolish, doing it twice and strolling around the garden, you would almost think it deliberate :ph34r:

28 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

that's where I am going wrong!

Although, some tales you've told about your Gert, I'm perhaps better off single! lol

You don't have to stay with them, this time of year if you're single and not on POF you're doing life wrong! 

IMG_0070.JPG

Well I'm banned from loading the dishwasher because I can't do it right. :thumbsup:

And once nagged MrRam to paint the front door white for so long that I did it myself one afternoon and he stormed in shouting, WTF did you paint it with, TIPPEX??  Not lifted a paintbrush since. :thumbsup:

He can't cook or do the washing though so...

I generally spend Mon-Fri living by myself so nothing much gets done, very occasionally the missus/family visits during the week, in which case I blitz the place the day before and stand by the bed ready for the inspection. The rest of the time I am not allowed to do anything which suits me perfectly fine.

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

I'm banned from all masculine tasks. So mowing, car cleaning, hoovering or anything that involves power tools or technical ability including wiring. 

Its great! 

I'm not banned from doing household jobs but she knows she will do a better job so it's kind of accepted. It's kind of accepted I'll put up a picture or cut the grass.

However I do believe that she thinks she is banned from doing one job but it's not true

Archived