Will Hughes turns down contract offer?

Cam the Ram

On 12/10/2016 at 11:57, Hector was the best said:

Seem to remember a super chip over defenders to enable bent to score that fabulous goal ;) 

Please get off his back

I was definitely not on his back. I certainly view him as an important player for us, certainly the most talented in the current squad, and I want him to have a long successful career here. 

My point is that he should be doing the above more often, if he is to warrant the numbers and wages spoke about. Today was absolutely what I was on about when I wrote the piece, it's exactly what I wanted to see. He's created more chances than anyone on the pitch and he's scored a goal. I'm not a Will Hughes critic by any stretch of the imagination - I just feel he's got this type of performance in him and it's a shame we don't see it more often. 

Today he performed like a £15m/£20m midfielder - more tackles than anyone on the pitch, more chances created than anyone on the pitch and finally a goal! I believe it was his first in the league in just over two years. I hope it's a stepping stone on the road to him picking up the POTY award at the end of the season following us winning automatic promotion... :D

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I was definitely not on his back. I certainly view him as an important player for us, certainly the most talented in the current squad, and I want him to have a long successful career here. 

My point is that he should be doing the above more often, if he is to warrant the numbers and wages spoke about. Today was absolutely what I was on about when I wrote the piece, it's exactly what I wanted to see. He's created more chances than anyone on the pitch and he's scored a goal. I'm not a Will Hughes critic by any stretch of the imagination - I just feel he's got this type of performance in him and it's a shame we don't see it more often. 

Today he performed like a £15m/£20m midfielder - more tackles than anyone on the pitch, more chances created than anyone on the pitch and finally a goal! I believe it was his first in the league in just over two years. I hope it's a stepping stone on the road to him picking up the POTY award at the end of the season following us winning automatic promotion... :D

Not really. He's about as consistent player as we've got, minus Keogh and Pearce, who have risen to the level of defensive gods, so I don't count them. Seems to me like he almost always plays that well. Around him and front of him is where the story has changed.

He did OK yesterday, it was OK, nothing more. Fair enough. Mostly when we were 3-0 up though, Hughes always looks good in those situations, but there you go. Even I, at 37, with a badly chopped up right knee, could look fairly useful then. 

I expect him to be grabbing games like that by the scruff from the word go, and that didn't happen, it never does.

Forest tried to engage us in a battle midway through, and the boy went missing. Needs far too much protection for my liking. Luxury player. We're lucky to have someone like Johnson in there to shield him. 

Tom Ince, now ... there is a real genuine superstar. Absolute game changer. THAT is what real star quality looks like.

9 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

He did OK yesterday, it was OK, nothing more. Fair enough. Mostly when we were 3-0 up though, Hughes always looks good in those situations, but there you go. Even I, at 37, with a badly chopped up right knee, could look fairly useful then. 

I expect him to be grabbing games like that by the scruff from the word go, and that didn't happen, it never does.

Forest tried to engage us in a battle midway through, and the boy went missing. Needs far too much protection for my liking. Luxury player. We're lucky to have someone like Johnson in there to shield him. 

Tom Ince, now ... there is a real genuine superstar. Absolute game changer. THAT is what real star quality looks like.

I've read some crap on here over the years, but that goes straight to the top of the crap charts. He was involved all over the park, winning challenges, closing down and making sure we kept possession.

15 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Wow, just wow.

16 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

You are a hopeless case. Hughes was absolutely brilliant yesterday and ran the show.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I've read some crap on here over the years, but that goes straight to the top of the crap charts. He was involved all over the park, winning challenges, closing down and making sure we kept possession.

Utter nonsense. Take your tinted specs off. Had it not been for Johnson in the midst of that battle, we'd have started to struggle. Johnson is genuine class, has the complete game. The sooner you realise, and fans like you realise, that Hughes is a luxury, then the all better.

As I say, looks fairly good when you're 3-0 up.

15 hours ago, England Ram said:

I've been a member since 2011 but no option for me. 

Also google images don't seem to give a link with a picture ending .jpeg etc. 

Member plus, not member.

Just now, Daz_The_Ram said:

Utter nonsense. Take your tinted specs off. Had it not been for Johnson in the midst of that battle, we'd have started to struggle. Johnson is genuine class, has the complete game. The sooner you realise, and fans like you realise, that Hughes is a luxury, then the all better.

As I say, looks fairly good when you're 3-0 up.

How did we get to 3-0 up?

Plank.jpg

Just now, eddie said:

You are a hopeless case. Hughes was absolutely brilliant yesterday and ran the show.

Complete and utter balderdash. I've played at professional level in midfield. If he was my team mate, he would do my head in, he absolutely infuriates me, and so do the fans that kiss his arse. Did OK yesterday, literally nothing more  

Very easy to look classy when you're cruising. I could do that.

Johnson was the best player on the park yesterday, he is a genuine class act, the real deal. Closely followed by Ince, who is ACTUALLY a match winner. 

26 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Hughes was immense yesterday alongside Butterfield. They were a joy to watch together in that second half. Johnson backed them up but in fairness, he wasn't needed as often as in recent games, Will and Jacob won everything they got involved in. 

I gave Ince my MOM though because he delivered in spades. However, as he himself stated after the game, it was the three behind him who allowed him to go and play. 

Team game. And we now look a team. I still can't believe just how much of a mess Pearson made of this group of players. Powell rectified it immediately and Mac is the perfect antidote to the ***** who rolled up this summer.

Hughes' best quality yesterday was his reading of the game.

So many times he'd cut out a pass, or pinch the balls of the toes of the sleepy Forest midfield. He adds so much composure - and we instantly missed both as soon as Hughes went off.

Johnson and Butterfield were terrific too - the three of them complement each other very well.

We have terrific midfield options. No two ways about it. Even 'club legend (yeah, right)' Bryson did OK to help us close the game out. 

I'm not saying, by the way, people, that Hughes was poor, far from it, but he isn't the best thing since Zidane or Socrates, as most of you make out. It is all praise to Johnson, and thanks to him, that someone like Hughes can go out and cruise when the hard work is done. 

Johnson was the best player on the park by a mile yesterday, things got tough round about the half hour mark, and he stood up, like a man, to take real control of what could have become a scrappy, horrible mess. We were close to getting dragged into a 'Derby day' battle. That sort of ***** doesn't do anything for me, and gladly, it doesn't for Johnson either ... HE was the one who grabbed it by the scruff, and ensured that we took charge, and played our football.

But, even though Johnson did that, actually ran the midfield, like a real man, lets all kiss Hughes arse instead, because he is our favourite.

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Hughes' best quality yesterday was his reading of the game.

So many times he'd cut out a pass, or pinch the balls of the toes of the sleepy Forest midfield. He adds so much composure - and we instantly missed both as soon as Hughes went off.

Johnson and Butterfield were terrific too - the three of them complement each other very well.

That's my worry. Hughes will end up suspended soon. 8 bookings now. Still not sure why he was booked to be honest.

1 minute ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

We have terrific midfield options. No two ways about it. Even 'club legend (yeah, right)' Bryson did OK to help us close the game out. 

I'm not saying, by the way, people, that Hughes was poor, far from it, but he isn't the best thing since Zidane or Socrates, as most of you make out. It is all praise to Johnson, and thanks to him, that someone like Hughes can go out and cruise when the hard work is done. 

Johnson was the best player on the park by a mile yesterday, things got tough round about the half hour mark, and he stood up, like a man, to take real control of what could have become a scrappy, horrible mess.

But, even though Johnson did that, actually ran the midfield, like a real man, lets all kiss Hughes arse instead, because he is our favourite.

I don't think that's what's happening mate. Not from me at least. I think I've given Johnson MOM in the last three games, but yesterday Ince edged it for me because he delivered when needed whilst both working hard and more importantly he passed when others were in space. He sometimes is too greedy but yesterday his display was faultless. 

I gave Johnson, Hughes and Butterfield the same marks. That's the first time all three have played that well all at the same time. In recent games I think the latter two have been decent but no more. Yesterday they were immense. Johnson is my player of the season contender with Pearce so far.

It really is possible to appreciate all of our players. I'm proud of them anyway. But kissing arses? No mate.

Archived