Darren Bent's Goal

robglosta

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ilsonram12 said:

See Bent tweeted the goal was one of the best in his career 

made me laugh by the DET asking is this Derbys best ever goal......

Yeah how daft are the DET, they should know Theo Robinson or Connor Sammon's in off any part of the body bar the foot, are way higher recent contenders for that accolade.

This arrogant overconfidence has me worried for the future.  Hughes had at least 3 opportunities in the run up to the goal to pass the ball safely sideways but no he selfishly hung on to it and was very lucky not to lose the ball and look foolish and what in the world is Bent doing thinking he can still pull off these sorts of shots at his age?  That it worked is immaterial, he should never have believed he could do it, let alone try it.  Great,  now he's gonna be blasting it into the stands ten times a game.  Somebody stop this nonsense.

17 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It was only watching the highlights this morning I realised Bent won the ball played it to Hughes, ran in space, pointed to where he wanted the Ball and produced a finish that had it been Ibrahimovic, we would be seeing it on highlight reels for years.

Hughes, what a ball! That pass (amongst others yesterday), were the sort of passes u would expect to see a 30 million premier league footballer making, the England first team midfield could do with that sort of class.

He is a £30 million premier league player.

He would transition smooth as silk into a Chelsea Man City United Arsenal or Liverpool side. The best bit of business we can do in January is getting him a new and even longer contract to stay.

7 minutes ago, ramit said:

This arrogant overconfidence has me worried for the future.  Hughes had at least 3 opportunities in the run up to the goal to pass the ball safely sideways but no he selfishly hung on to it and was very lucky not to lose the ball and look foolish and what in the world is Bent doing thinking he can still pull off these sorts of shots at his age?  That it worked is immaterial, he should never have believed he could do it, let alone try it.  Great,  now he's gonna be blasting it into the stands ten times a game.  Somebody stop this nonsense.

bring back peason he would soon get rid of those nasty creative tendencies

7 hours ago, Ibby said:

Bent goal was world class ;)

If it had been scored by Chelsea or Man Citeh, shearer and lineker would have been w@nking all through Match of the Day.

Archived