Stevie Mac's 433

dajstrawb

11 hours ago, Jon_Grooves said:

Im getting slightly excited about the return of win after win like last time. I need to keep real though and expect nothing to happy.... although WE COULD START WINNING AGAIN!!!!!!

You've seemingly forgotten 2015... I wont, it was one of my most disappointing times as a Ram under that man.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nfb said:

You've seemingly forgotten 2015... I wont, it was one of my most disappointing times as a Ram under that man.

That either makes you about 8 years old or means you weren't paying attention during the Davies, Jewell, Brown, Gregory years.

12 hours ago, needles said:

Fair enough. I think Weimann, similarly, has shown bits that he could be a good player here, just not consistently. I want t hem all to succeed and prove me wrong, but I wouldn't cry if the whole lot got shifted. 

Main point, for me is, that for all the talk of Mac, Sam Rush is possibly the key figure. Deals to be done, and properly. We've had our pants down too often.

Your 100% right on this front. Our recruitment has been crap for the past 2 years.

5 minutes ago, JW37 said:

He could possibly use Vydra like he used Ayoze Perez in the no.10 role in a 4-2-3-1

You can only play Vydra as a 10 if your 1 upfront is a player like Martin. I.e. somebody whose first thought is to come short and drop into midfield. We currently don't have a player like that at the club.

4 hours ago, nfb said:

Bloody hell, you must have missed Murphy, Docherty, Addison, Newman, Taylor, Todd, Gregory, Davies, Jewell, and all the caretakers in between.

11 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

You can only play Vydra as a 10 if your 1 upfront is a player like Martin. I.e. somebody whose first thought is to come short and drop into midfield. We currently don't have a player like that at the club.

Vydra isn't that striker either, you have to adapt your tactics to the players you have. What we do know is it'll be 4 at the back and 1 up top regardless 

Just now, JW37 said:

Vydra isn't that striker either, you have to adapt your tactics to the players you have. What we do know is it'll be 4 at the back and 1 up top regardless 

Oh I know. I'm just saying you can't play Vydra as your 10 at the minute. You need to play somebody who is just going to sit in the hole and spray passes with the strikers we have available. Personally this would be Butterfield for me.

I wonder if he'll go with wing backs like we did in the Jim Smith days...

-------------------------------Carson

----------------Keough----Pearce----Rawson

Christie-------------------------------------------------Lowe

---------------------Johnson------Bryson

------------------------------Hughes

-----------------------Vydra--------Ince

Would certainly allow us to press higher up and support Vydra, with Ince as a proto-Martin, gives us insurance with a sweeper as well...

15 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I wonder if he'll go with wing backs like we did in the Jim Smith days...

-------------------------------Carson

----------------Keough----Pearce----Rawson

Christie-------------------------------------------------Lowe

---------------------Johnson------Bryson

------------------------------Hughes

-----------------------Vydra--------Ince

Would certainly allow us to press higher up and support Vydra, with Ince as a proto-Martin, gives us insurance with a sweeper as well...

Have we rules The Shack out?

Also Bryson playing deep again? No thanks...

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

2015 was? the whole year? even though we started it AND ended it top of the league? You're hard to please.

i am not hard to please or i would not have supported derby for the last sixty odd years  if i  was just stating the fact that if you call success geting into the premiership billy davies was the last manager to take us up

46 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think in that system you'd tweak it so you just had johnson sitting. Bryson would still have license to get forward. 

My bigger worry is the left sided cb having enough pace to cover the wing back.

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I wasn't sure if he was still injured so left him out.  

Bryson wouldn't be holding as such, more of a box to box.  I just like the idea of Hughes, Ince & Vydra linking up and giving us plenty of movement around the box...

13 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I wasn't sure if he was still injured so left him out.  

Bryson wouldn't be holding as such, more of a box to box.  I just like the idea of Hughes, Ince & Vydra linking up and giving us plenty of movement around the box...

Ince and Hughes have always seemed to have a nice understanding... Think it might be something to do with being a little smarter then the average footballer?

23 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Oh I know. I'm just saying you can't play Vydra as your 10 at the minute. You need to play somebody who is just going to sit in the hole and spray passes with the strikers we have available. Personally this would be Butterfield for me.

Thorne      Hughes 

Butterfield

looks good to me. Don't see why Butterfield isn't rated by a lot of fans

Carson

Christie        Keogh        Shacks               Olsson

Butterfield or Johnson

Hughes             Bryson or Johnson

Ince            Vydra        Anya

Archived