Stevie Mac's 433

dajstrawb

Just now, brady1993 said:

Those are fair points. I just think with Martin up front you want your wide forwards to tuck in and make angled runs in the channel between the opposition fullback and centre back, at which I feel Russell is more qualified.

I take it by his complete exclusion you don't fancy Ince? Personally I'm on the fence about him.

if you aren't sure, re watch Sturridge's 'performance' v Slovenia and note the similarities with Ince and his inhabilty to be part of a cohesive unit.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sage said:

if you aren't sure, re watch Sturridge's 'performance' v Slovenia and note the similarities with Ince and his inhabilty to be part of a cohesive unit.

That's directly where my worries about him come from and I'm not sure he is conducive to the style of play we presumably want to go back too. On the other hand he is a talented player and one who can win a game from nothing. Maybe the team play can be coached into him a bit more because I thought he showed a bit more of that under Wassell when played on the left. 

Previously was this               

Grant

Forsyth    Keogh    Bucko     Wisdom

Hughes  Thorne  Hendrick

Ince Martin Russell

and now.............

Carson

Christie Shacks Keogh Anya

Johnson Butterfield Hughes

Ince Vydra Russell

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Lowe

Baird

Hughes Bryson

Russell Bent Ince

Most likely. I'd prefer Vydra and Johnson in for Bent and Baird

I think I'd go with your preferred line up with the minor change of Butterfield for Bryson. I feel we need that extra playmaker in there with strikers we have available and Thorne injured.

Carson

Christie Keogh Pearce Lowe

Johnson

Hughes Bryson

Ince Vydra Anya.

...until, in January, Sam can make Fulham an offer they can't refuse to get Chrissy back, and Thorne will be fit...

Carson

Thorne

Hughes Bryson

Ince Martin Anya.

Shackell isn't good enough on the ball for the 433. Olsson might regain the shirt from Lowe, but the lad gets first chance.

Then, the biggest job at Derby over the next 3 months is offloading about 6 players and bringing in better replacements.

Blackman, Weimann, Bent, Johnson, Butterfield, Shackell, possibly Ince....all got to be in the firing line if we can get them out of the gate, or on the other hand, now is their absolute last chance to redeem themselves and grab a shirt. They've all got talent to some degree.

I reckon that current team isn't quite as good as the side Mac inherited first time around, so patience required. A miracle loan or two in the Ibe/Wisdom mould wouldn't hurt either. Err, Jose...

8 minutes ago, needles said:

Carson

Johnson

Hughes Bryson

Ince Vydra Anya.

...until, in January, Sam can make Fulham an offer they can't refuse to get Chrissy back, and Thorne will be fit...

Carson

Thorne

Hughes Bryson

Ince Martin Anya.

Shackell isn't good enough on the ball for the 433. Olsson might regain the shirt from Lowe, but the lad gets first chance.

Then, the biggest job at Derby over the next 3 months is offloading about 6 players and bringing in better replacements.

Blackman, Weimann, Bent, Johnson, Butterfield, Shackell, possibly Ince....all got to be in the firing line if we can get them out of the gate, or on the other hand, now is their absolute last chance to redeem themselves and grab a shirt. They've all got talent to some degree.

I reckon that current team isn't quite as good as the side Mac inherited first time around, so patience required. A miracle loan or two in the Ibe/Wisdom mould wouldn't hurt either. Err, Jose...

Whilst I agree Shackell isn't good enough on the ball, neither is Pearce and until we can find a ball playing centre back I think we should play Shackell as he is a superior defender.

I agree with your offloads apart from Butterfield, I think Butterfield will fit in nicely with Mac's style of play and we do need at least three good attacking midfielders. 

7 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Whilst I agree Shackell isn't good enough on the ball, neither is Pearce and until we can find a ball playing centre back I think we should play Shackell as he is a superior defender.

I agree with your offloads apart from Butterfield, I think Butterfield will fit in nicely with Mac's style of play and we do need at least three good attacking midfielders. 

Time for him to prove it mate. He's done bits and pieces here and there for 3 or 4 managers. Time to perform and own a shirt or move on.

3 minutes ago, needles said:

Time for him to prove it mate. He's done bits and pieces here and there for 3 or 4 managers. Time to perform and own a shirt or move on.

Personally thought he was good under Clement. Just don't feel he deserves being lumped in with the others you mentioned as to shift.

8 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Personally thought he was good under Clement. Just don't feel he deserves being lumped in with the others you mentioned as to shift.

Fair enough. I think Weimann, similarly, has shown bits that he could be a good player here, just not consistently. I want t hem all to succeed and prove me wrong, but I wouldn't cry if the whole lot got shifted. 

Main point, for me is, that for all the talk of Mac, Sam Rush is possibly the key figure. Deals to be done, and properly. We've had our pants down too often.

5 minutes ago, needles said:

Fair enough. I think Weimann, similarly, has shown bits that he could be a good player here, just not consistently. I want t hem all to succeed and prove me wrong, but I wouldn't cry if the whole lot got shifted. 

Main point, for me is, that for all the talk of Mac, Sam Rush is possibly the key figure. Deals to be done, and properly. We've had our pants down too often.

I'd agree with this. I have a soft spot for Butters myself, but you're dead right on Sam Rush being the key. I think Mel caught a bit caught up in things at first, but Rush got us some very good deals - we signed a fit George Thorne for about three million quid!

They still need to find a way of playing without Martin , and without a proper holding midfield player - at least until january. Which many argue are the two most important positions to make us successful.

If I was a betting man, id say we will dominate posession, but create less chances and score less goals than before, whilst continuing to let in lots of goals to set pieces and on the break due to not offering the CBs any cover what so ever.

Really hope Macca stays long enough for a couple of transfer windows and to bring in some proper players and balance the team a bit more. I wouldnt count on it though due to the turncoat that macca is, and the trigger happy Mel.

Due to Thornes poor appearences record, coupled with the fact a 4-2-3-1 is probably better balanced than the 4-3-3 we play. I personally would look to bring in 2 holding midfielders if i could even if it meant we lost one of Hughes,bryson, butterfield, johnson.

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

... even if it meant we lost one of Hughes,bryson, butterfield, johnson.

There's Hughes, then there's a ******* big gap, then there's Bryson, then a big gap, then Butterfield and Johnson. Losing one of the latter two would be fine, losing Bryson would be a serious mistake. Losing Will Hughes would be shooting our own foot off. Then using the bloody remnants to beat our own brains out.

You have Ince and Vydra who could play the hole position too in addition to the others i mentioned.

You can rank them all you want... im just saying id take a hit in that area, I still cannot believe Sam, Mel and anyone in charge of recruitment has let this happen.

Doesnt change the fact we have 2 very attacking fullbacks and we have already lost hendrick whilst still no Defensive midfielder has come into the club.

Tottenham and Liverpool have showed the 4-2-3-1 is better balanced playing the gegen pressing style than the 4-4-3 we employ which exposes our centre backs.

4 hours ago, jagerbob said:

You have Ince and Vydra who could play the hole position too in addition to the others i mentioned.

You can rank them all you want... im just saying id take a hit in that area, I still cannot believe Sam, Mel and anyone in charge of recruitment has let this happen.

Doesnt change the fact we have 2 very attacking fullbacks and we have already lost hendrick whilst still no Defensive midfielder has come into the club.

Tottenham and Liverpool have showed the 4-2-3-1 is better balanced playing the gegen pressing style than the 4-4-3 we employ which exposes our centre backs.

I like the sound of 443!

7 hours ago, brady1993 said:

That's directly where my worries about him come from and I'm not sure he is conducive to the style of play we presumably want to go back too. On the other hand he is a talented player and one who can win a game from nothing. Maybe the team play can be coached into him a bit more because I thought he showed a bit more of that under Wassell when played on the left. 

He is more of a team player on the left because his default mode of come inside and shoot isn't available.

I would puck him ahead of blackman and camara. Bench player for me if he is happy with that.if someone offered 3-4m I'd  take it.

7 hours ago, needles said:

Carson

Johnson

Hughes Bryson

Ince Vydra Anya.

Carson

Thorne

Hughes Bryson

Ince Martin Anya.

Don't think there will be much movement in Jan, Mac will have to play with what he has, any changes will be small. Don't think Martin will return , think BJ will be better this year. Don't expect the same as when he was here last time Mac has a different team in different circumstances. Keep the faith,." Don't boo and be resonable and patient 

Archived