Donny away tomorrow - checkatrade?

Tony Le Mesmer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

what a shower of ****. cant even beat bloody doncaster with four strikers of that calibre. theres no hope left,

I agree, 4 first team strikers and Rawson who everyone says play in the first team and from the report we were under siege from Doncaster !!! Wassell proud of the performance. Maybe Pearson told a few home truths and MM didn't like what he heard. 

Win the last game and we're through unless:

- Port Vale v Doncaster ends as a draw AND

- Doncaster win the resulting penalty shootout AND

- Derby (F2 A3) end up with a worse goal difference than Port Vale (F1 A1)

In conclusion, win the last game and we're through.

The Wembley dream is still alive.

9 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

what a shower of ****. cant even beat bloody doncaster with four strikers of that calibre. theres no hope left,

One of the four was Blackman !!! Should he even count? He's done nowt since he arrived.

On 5 October 2016 at 08:10, Andrew James said:

I agree, 4 first team strikers and Rawson who everyone says play in the first team and from the report we were under siege from Doncaster !!! Wassell proud of the performance. Maybe Pearson told a few home truths and MM didn't like what he heard. 

Alternately… we had four strikers shoe-horned it which ruined the balance… 

Some people will try and find any angle to get a dig in…

On a related topic the whole competition seems to be descending into farce.

It was reported on weds that the Bradford  (I think) goalkeeper - who was one of the 5 who had played in the previous game as per the rules,  was substituted off after 45 seconds to make way for a junior. 

Crowds are down on last season as well apparently. 

Well they did struggle against a well drilled doncaster side. But once the goal went in i throught only be 1winner. But we let them back into the game and you could see them scoring and in the end they did. And they scored again moment later they did. But to be fair to the young derby lads. They showed fight and kepted fighting to the bitter end and we got the goal to send us to pentiles.

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well they did struggle against a well drilled doncaster side. But once the goal went in i throught only be 1winner. But we let them back into the game and you could see them scoring and in the end they did. And they scored again moment later they did. But to be fair to the young derby lads. They showed fight and kepted fighting to the bitter end and we got the goal to send us to pentiles.

I didn't realise that Doncaster were such and old team, when we refer to our youngsters they are in their early 20's... The same as Doncaster who as far as I know don't have an academy structure like ours, which Des Walker stated is one of the best in Europe. So as an academy we should beat Doncaster, especially with 4 first team forwards irrespective of the balance has changed slightly. The whole idea of an academy like Barcelona, is that players slip into the same system from the U13's to first team. Bottom line our coaches don't seem to be good enough. 

20 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

I didn't realise that Doncaster were such and old team, when we refer to our youngsters they are in their early 20's... The same as Doncaster who as far as I know don't have an academy structure like ours, which Des Walker stated is one of the best in Europe. So as an academy we should beat Doncaster, especially with 4 first team forwards irrespective of the balance has changed slightly. The whole idea of an academy like Barcelona, is that players slip into the same system from the U13's to first team. Bottom line our coaches don't seem to be good enough. 

You could always blame Wassall.

Archived