Donny away tomorrow - checkatrade?

Tony Le Mesmer

Still undecided about going to this. I'm not sure how bothered Rovers will be as they are flying in league 2 and will not want injuries or to risk certain players and to be fair i'm not sure how bothered both sets of fans will be about going to it either. Is anybody out there even remotely interested?

I'll decide tomorrow and if things drop right with regards time then I may go. If only to reminisce and bring back memories of my non league supporting days sat in a ground with about 8 supporters. Ahhh, happy days...........................:blink:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think I'll be bothering going, it's certainly something worth keeping an eye on though- always good to see what level our young players are out and whether they are close to competing at this level.

Would have thought the donny fans won't take too well to the competition and it will be a very small attendance

We were going to head up there (good beer at that pub near the ground) but I'm still a bit wheezy (bronchitis).

I know this would be more apt in the 'spitting' thread, or an appreciation of the life and times of Tito Gobbi, but there you are.

Born and mostly raised in Donny. Went to Ridgy school and lived in Scawsby but been away from the place now for 15 years. So glad to get away from the place permanently although I have many happy memories of growing up there. I remember the good old days piling down Belle Vue for night games with school mates. Such a laugh. Shame it got torched. I often go back but never been to a game at the keepmoat. I've been the car boots they have there and used to take my kid to the nearby Dome swimming before I concluded it had become an irreparable health and safety hazard to swim there. My eldest daughter also plays footy at the keepmoat as they still live there. I hate the place though with a passion (for numerous reasons) which, along with the low key nature of the match kind of tempers my enthusiasm somewhat to make the journey. I only go back up now if it's the kids or to see a friend.

Such a shame that this game wasn't a 'proper' cup game or i'd have no doubt been there.

I am thrilled that masion bennet in the team tonight to face doncaster rovers it would be fanstic for him to get at least 60 mins under his belt or full 90 mins.

I would love it if he gives chris powell something else to think about.

But i think charles vermen will be more likely to get a call up to the first team.

Archived