Donny away tomorrow - checkatrade?

Tony Le Mesmer

Bennet will be sold to a league 1/2 team on the cheap or will leave on a free. Hasn't progressed and is falling well behind the likes of zanzalla and Vernam, the latter being a quality talent, he reminds me of Harry Kane, scores goals but is intelligent enough to get involved in the link up play. One last final Nigel Clough gem maybe?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As this fixture undermines the teams from the bottom two divisions, I will boycott all aspects with regards to this competition until the u23 squads are no longer invited.

I hope the checkatrade tournament in it's current format is an outright failure.

He'll end up with Liam Dickinson and Steven Davies.

He's crap, he hasn't exploited his potential, he probably thought he was billy big b0ll0x and never worked hard enough. If he had, one of the past 27 managers over the past 5 years would have played him.

Give up on him B4!

48 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

As this fixture undermines the teams from the bottom two divisions, I will boycott all aspects with regards to this competition until the u23 squads are no longer invited.

I hope the checkatrade tournament in it's current format is an outright failure.

Decided not to bother tonight. Mainly due to the points maydrakin makes above. I want to go and support the young lads as they will benefit from the encouragement and it's a shame that they are having to play in games like this where the apathy and disinterest is incredible. However.

I've looked around some of the lower league forums about their respective games tonight and the overall theme is that most are boycotting again. I have to say that I find the hypocrisy of many of these fans AND the club managers a bit rich to stomach as having been to many of these early round JPT games in the past, in it's old format overall fans and managers weren't interested in that competition either until the latter rounds.

Crowds were still shocking and some managers would treat the games pretty much as they do now. All the new format has done is give those fans and managers another couple of mandatory games to get out of the way without interest instead of the one. I think the other year a club got byes in the first and second rounds of the JPT whilst others had to play. Totally unfair and totally comical.

That said though, this is a competition for the bottom 2 leagues and it should remain that way. If it's failing in the old format then maybe the clubs themselves need to get off their arses and get these games marketed and incentivised to get all sorts of fans in young and old, new and old, floaters, schools, local clubs, OAP's anyone. Just get people in the ground and don't worry so much about making money. Perhaps the clubs should be subsidised a little by Checkatrade?

The best thing that could happen to this tournament would be for U23 teams to get to the final where instead of the 40 or 50k you'd get for say Swindon v Bradford, there will no doubt be an embarrassing crowd for a showpiece occasion. Hopefully then the moron who dreamed up this idea thinking it would be a success will realise that it's a dead duck. Hopefully.

I can't support this new format but I want to go and support the young lads. It's a dichotomy. Principles first though I guess so i'll give it a swerve.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

He'll end up with Liam Dickinson and Steven Davies.

He's crap, he hasn't exploited his potential, he probably thought he was billy big b0ll0x and never worked hard enough. If he had, one of the past 27 managers over the past 5 years would have played him.

Give up on him B4!

Or perhaps he never had it and only looked good for his age because he developed quicker physically… really does my nut it when it's attitude that's questioned. 

Steve Davies has a really good scoring rate to be fair! in fact, all things considered, it's brilliant! Makes you wonder 'what if'?

A few first-team squad members getting a run-out.

DERBY STARTING XI: Ravas, Santos, Rawson, Cover, Stabana; Guy, Vernam; Russell, Wilson, Weimann; Blackman

DERBY SUBSTITUTES: Barnes, Camara, Babos, Bennett, Gordon, Jakobsen, Bateman

No Shackell.

Which RD frequency?     tried freeview and FM and altho it says Sportscene it seems to be a general chat and  music show. I've come on here to see if RD have been banned !!!!   only leaves 1116

Back to Shackell .Has he had a wobbler ....or just a relapse??  He has been training for this  match.

13 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Which RD frequency?     tried freeview and FM and altho it says Sportscene it seems to be a general chat and  music show. I've come on here to see if RD have been banned !!!!   only leaves 1116

Back to Shackell .Has he had a wobbler ....or just a relapse??  He has been training for this  match.

"We're on @BBCDerby DAB & 1116AM tonight from 7pm ." says the tweet As for Shack I didn't hear if anything was said...

Archived