The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

17 hours ago, McLovin said:

Wiki has been down as 20 goals but I'm more inclined to believe who scored. Point still stands though, Abraham has scored 19 in his first ever championship season with games to go whereas Martin's highest ever scoring season in the championship is 22. I'm not knocking Martin but if people genuinely think that Martin is better than Abraham then they're  mistaken. I'm trying to highlight that Martin isn't the be all and end all. But he probably will be here next season. Just to note, there's no way Martin would get anywhere close to 19 in that Bristol city team. The people at Chelsea rate him very highly and he has a very bright future. 

Ask yourself this. What has he brought to Bristol City? What is their position?

How does it compare to last season?

Just playing devils advocate.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sage said:

I don't live too far away from Bristol and have been to quite a few City games this season. Abraham brings more to that side than just goals. He's surprisingly strong, though he looks gangly. His first touch and ability to turn is superb, and I was particularly impressed by his distribution to the wide men whenever I've seen City play.

Definitely got something about him, and would likely do an excellent job for any Championship side. Think he'll be playing PL football next season though. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

I don't live too far away from Bristol and have been to quite a few City games this season. Abraham brings more to that side than just goals. He's surprisingly strong, though he looks gangly. His first touch and ability to turn is superb, and I was particularly impressed by his distribution to the wide men whenever I've seen City play.

Definitely got something about him, and would likely do an excellent job for any Championship side. Think he'll be playing PL football next season though. 

Oh i rate him and would love him on loan here next year just pointing out you can't just measure a CFs contribution to the team in terms of goals scored. 

8 minutes ago, sage said:

Oh i rate him and would love him on loan here next year just pointing out you can't just measure a CFs contribution to the team in terms of goals scored. 

100% agree - Chris Martin's a very good example of this!

5 hours ago, sage said:

Without his goals they would be relegated.......

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

Without his goals they would be relegated.......

You could switch it, and say the same of Fulham without Ross McCormack's goals this year?

Football always is about the 11 on the pitch, and much less about individual performance.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

You could switch it, and say the same of Fulham without Ross McCormack's goals this year?

Football always is about the 11 on the pitch, and much less about individual performance.

Except Fulham don't look like a relegation side, BC do.

The great man himself is the answer to that. One Brian Clough.

The difference between Tuesday and Saturday in one word - Chris Martin (sic)

« on: Today at 09:31:53 PM »

Having been to both games, it was obvious today that the difference between the performances was Chris Martin, rather a Chris Martin playing like a proper centre forward. We had someone challenging their defenders, linking and making runs off the last shoulder. More importantly we had a direct option that we could play past/over their 4 man high press instead of fannying about at the back too much. Do I think he's the best player in the world? No, but he is the type of player we need; tactically we can't do without. Defensively we weren't any better, on the ball we weren't better, but we were a lot more effective with the attacking opportunities we had. I hope he continues in this vein.

I thought Martin had a very good game today.  Pity about the scuffed shot at the end as IMHO he deserved a goal.

My Fulham MoM

Martin was outstanding today, his link up p,say, his running and his team contribution was fantastic.

Really enjoyed watching him, his passion when the linesman got decisions wrong showed in someways he does care.

#comehomechrissy

But did he upset Cairney by moving his arms?

Did he destroy the morale of the Fulham back 4 by angrily shaking his head? 

Did he score?

Did he weigh 7st?

Did he run to a ball he'd never reach and then turn and ask if it's possible to pass to him instead of past him?

It's alright having a good game but at the end of the day that doesn't matter

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

But did he upset Cairney by moving his arms?

Did he destroy the morale of the Fulham back 4 by angrily shaking his head? 

Did he score?

Did he weigh 7st?

Did he run to a ball he'd never reach and then turn and ask if it's possible to pass to him instead of past him?

It's alright having a good game but at the end of the day that doesn't matter

You missed did he run in a straight line very fast?

On 07/04/2017 at 14:19, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

So we have a striker who scores 20 a year or as near as for free,or spend millions on another striker who may score a similar number of goals?.....errrr

Life's just full of difficult decisions?!?!

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

The top 5 all play for us right? Don't they? Right? Yeh? 

No, but we do have a winger who is in the top 10.

Martin cannot even make the top 20, that is how good he actually has become.

I will grant you he is consistent, Yep consistently scoring less goals each season since 2013......not sure how the Martinites still think he is the bees knees.

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

No, but we do have a winger who is in the top 10.

Martin cannot even make the top 20, that is how good he actually has become.

I will grant you he is consistent, Yep consistently scoring fewer goals each season since 2013......not sure how the Martinites still think he is the bees knees.

Archived