Mitchell and Hughes in the England u21's squad

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Mitchell will be a very very good keeper.

Very loud and commanding in his area, I sat behind the net at Chesterfield and he didn't mind effing and blinding along with organising the back 4 which had two players with lots of experience in (Baird and Pearce), which shows he has some bottle for a young lad.

Great shot stopper, went on loan to Luton for a few games and I believe he was their player of the game and got in to the League 2 Team Of The Week.

Very promising signs and this hasn't gone unnoticed, with this call up clearly meaning he's fancied as one of the young keepers in the country.

Great work Jono, keep up the good work and we will hopefully see you in the first team soon. 

9 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Good news about this pair, 

Mitchell looking like a good prospect for the future.

Is this his first ever call up for the U-21's?

Also is this Hughes' first call up since his injury return?

I believe Hughes was called up in the previous international break but couldn't play because of injury

So So delighted for Mitchel! Signed up on a free after Newcastle released him, pretty much just to back Roos up in the U21s and see what happens. Like @JoeDerby said I saw him Vs liverpool Keogh (his captain and full international) and Baird (77caps and getting close to 300 career games) where he wants them AND gave both of them an earful at different points.

Hopefully this just goes to give him even more confidence and some good experience too.

Hughes was called up for the last international break but was concussed by a ball in the face, I believe, so couldn't play.

Several of my friends and family are Luton fans. They raved about Mitchell and wanted to keep him.

I think we have a couple of gems there, and they are polishing up very nicely!

6 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

So So delighted for Mitchel! Signed up on a free after Newcastle released him, pretty much just to back Roos up in the U21s and see what happens. Like @JoeDerby said I saw him Vs liverpool Keogh (his captain and full international) and Baird (77caps and getting close to 300 career games) where he wants them AND gave both of them an earful at different points.

Hopefully this just goes to give him even more confidence and some good experience too.

He was a rare highlight in a generally disappointing match v Liverpool. 

Well done to both lads. Hope that they can make an appearance or two and especially that will gets to strut his stuff in a position that suits him.

Archived