Reading FC v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

I would like to apologize to Nigel Clough. When he was here I got on his case for us to concede in the end so often.

Clearly he was not the guilty party. It doesn't seem to matter who is our manager or if haven't had one at all. The players, doesn't matter which, will drop the ball every so often anyway.

So sorry Nigel.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

My good deed for the day lol

It's one of the best real ales about imo, that and whistable bay but sadly that wasn't on offer at sainsburys this week 

Asda 4 for  £5. Has the Whitstable bay. Personally I'm partial to shepherd neame 1698 and youngs special.

Occasionally mixed up with an adnams broadside to remind me of university. 

Just watched the interview and you all can slate me if you like but I really don't want Powell to get the job as he has gone very  down in my estimation through this whole Pearson saga ,, idiakez has my respect 

My thoughts on today sat in the Reading end .

away support was excellent today, well done lads

i thought (although Carson had to make 2 decent saves) we looked solid, Christie had his hands full in the first half with their left winger.

back 4 did OK for 88 minutes (bar their goal), 

there was times when we started to play quick one touch football which Reading could not cope with.

BJ played well and gave us strength, Butters did well especially in the second half, Will was also very good, we lost control of the midfield when he was subbed and that is why they were able to score.

Ince was good for the last 10-15 mins but that was it, Anya good bits but disappointing in the first half . Vydra looked isolated being asked to compete in the air with defender who are a foot taller. Lived off scraps but did well could have had a second with a good header.

our main outlet seems to be Carson kicking to Christie, which works once maybe twice but not every time . Christie tries really hard and caused Reading problems.

though Blackman was brought on to try and keep the ball and win headers as well as fresh legs

Thought we were the better team today (just) we had more quality, I think we will do ok , we are getting better, you can see it and we will be up there.

The ref liked the colour yellow, most of the time they were not needed.

difficult to pick a Man of the match, might go for the away fans, but if not between Carson (2 good saves), Will (best player on the pitch) andChristie (works his ** off and caused them problems) difficult one for MoM.

Went today. Second game of the season. Last one was Bristol City away. Late goals from the opposition in both! Today we started really slowly but so did Reading. They passed the ball around a lot with out doing much in the first half. Defensively we were sound and Butterfield, Hughes and Johnson looked good in the centre. We didn't keep the ball well though and kept giving it away.

Better in the second half. We seemed to have more ambition and deserved the goal when it came - Vydra looked good and deserved his goal IMO. He was unlucky to not score again a couple of minutes later after some good work and cross from Anya. Their goal was due to very poor defending from us. Even after that we could have scored again when Russell pulled the ball across the 6 yard box. Disappointing to draw in the end but probably a fair result over the 90 minutes.

I agree with many that 4 points out of 6 on the road is a good return.

14 minutes ago, archied said:

Just watched the interview and you all can slate me if you like but I really don't want Powell to get the job as he has gone very  down in my estimation through this whole Pearson saga ,, idiakez has my respect 

Why does Idiakez have your respect? At the moment all we know is that he has left the club for unknown reasons - seems an odd thing to respect him for.

PistoldPete2
5 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Would have been nice to have had Hanson on the bench instead of Bent or Blackmen

Blackman is ok , bent not needed. 

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Well I just don't get it - Wassall Pearson and now Powell - all seem to like the idea of going more attacking when we are leading in the second half away from home. Then we get the "players need to see out the game better" banter ... I'd like a manager who can figure out that when leading and within reach of an away win you don't go more attacking. At least like for like, but preferably you add defensive strength. Help the team don't hinder it. Whys the concept so hard for recent Derby managers ? 

so now we want to go all defensive with 10 mins to go to hold on to a lead. Exactly what Clough got berated for?

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

That was generous of him!

Seriously I assumed we still have the recruitment team in place that brought us blackman,  olson et al.  Have they gone? 

The manager I assume picks the players he wants and then they are recruited.

36 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Why does Idiakez have your respect? At the moment all we know is that he has left the club for unknown reasons - seems an odd thing to respect him for.

Your quite right to pull me as i don't have full information and am posting my reading of the situation / events ,, if I turn out to be wrong then I will eat humble pie but from what I can gather from picking through the scraps of info coming out is that idiakez has /is shown a level of genuine loyalty to Pearson that Powell isn't ,,, listen to the interview today and it's very clear a bit untastefully for my liking that Powell comes across as desperately wanting  pearsons job and not a little bit sounding like he feels he's got it ,,, call me old fashioned but I'm never overly impressed when assistant managers take over the managers job in sacking situations ( suspended stage at the mo)  just my gut feeling and anybody else that sees it differently is fully intitled to that view 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Better for Scotland, not necessarily for us.

Fair enough point, but ive seen Anya twice for us, and to me looked a good signing, and it is indicative that he gets more call ups. Hes busy but limited second division player, slight improvement in my view, and seems a good character, which is important it seems in the current situation. 

Archived