Beer Thread

Cisse

16 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

If you spend any time on the Byres Road near Ashton Lane, Cottiers bar is worth a visit, don't let the website put you off, nice little bar in there, surprising there's no photos of it on the website. https://cottiers.com/ 

4 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

On a weekend break in Glasgow, anybody know of any decent pubs? Got a few options bar wise, but I guess I’m looking for ‘hidden gems’.

Rhoderick dhu, 100 yards from central station and the Horseshoe bar are traditional boozers. 

Down Merchant city, Molly Malones, and next door Boteco da Brasil. The O Neil's up the road is big and has a good atmostphere. 

Out of the centre and not far from where Inverurie ram suggested near Ashton lane is my personal favourite, Tennants bar. 

To be fair, you can't go far wrong in Glasgow for a reallly good choice of boozers. 

I had a brilliant curry at Chaakoo bombay cafe last month in St Vincent street if you are hungry. 

27 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

And make sure you have a photo on Derby Street.

2difvba.png

Ha, will do! And thanks to you and @CWC1983 for all those recommendations that’s a huge help! Going down Kelvingrove area tomorrow as I want to go to The Stand comedy club down there and a few other bits and bobs. I may have been to the Bon Accord before but I’ll see when I get there tomorrow. Defo been to a pub near Charing Cross tube stop before. Hanging round most of Monday too so I’ll try and pop my head in a few of these places in the centre then too.

Been down Merchant City area tonight for Mono/13th Note and a general wonder back through the centre. When I first got in, I was bit worried as it felt everywhere I went was a bit lairy but I think once the afternoon drinkers started heading home it felt a lot more relaxed and a bit more of a feel good atmosphere in places. I’ve only even been to Glasgow before as a musician so never ventured around the city too much before so it’s nice to see it and get my bearings a bit more.

Also any food recommendations are much appreciated too, meant to be going to Mother India tomorrow but I’m open to changing my mind/finding places for Monday!

Cheers to ya both ?, or maybe ?is more appropriate!

Edited by TuffLuff

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

@TuffLuff if you like Belgium beer and plenty of choice then https://www.sixdnorth.co.uk/glasgow/ is a must.

We have one in Aberdeen and the beer is great. I've been in all of the pubs I sent links too and all are enjoyable and different.

Don’t think we will head up as far as Patrick but thanks for the tip. Really wanna head to Aberdeen in the next year so hopefully check it then and I might be in touch for more recommendations haha. Thanks again!

12 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Don’t think we will head up as far as Patrick but thanks for the tip. Really wanna head to Aberdeen in the next year so hopefully check it then and I might be in touch for more recommendations haha. Thanks again!

Or you can go to Belgium - like me, tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a fair quantity of beer in - I've not been drinking a lot over the festive period, but I have had a couple of lovely seasonal beers this evening - Abbaye Des Rocs Speciale Noel and N'Ice Chouffe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Currently enjoying a glass of Castle Rock dry hopped barley wine in the Canal House. Absolutely superb - it deserves to be Belgian but it's brewed in Nottingham.